PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

OK I found out it's some menu enhancement OMJ has in his ROMs and not native to the sys files. I am looking for the enhancement so I can add it to my ROMs.

Your 21887 is pretty awesome, but there are a few changes I'd personally make, which I'm using your kitchen and 21877 rom settings to make a rom with, and pretty much everything I need to tweak it correctly is in your kitchen. however a couple of points

1) I can't find the titanium weather 4.2 ext (I hate 1.5, it doesn't show the weather it just says "weather" till you scroll over it)

2) I selected ATContacts "True" but it is not installed (or show up) in my titanium

an easy fix for both above would be just to install the cabs manually after the flash or keep the cabs in my 2577 folder.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:13 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I don't get something. When I flash OMJs 21882 and 21887, the menus are a lot bigger and fatter, a specific example is when you are switching from titanium to sense 2.5 in the settings>today>items area, the selections are like half an inch big, but in your 6.5 roms its really small and normal like it's always been. I thought the bigger menus were native in the sys, but it looks like it may be a customization OMJ does, but I've never seen it as a customization and have no idea why it's different. It also happened when I built a custom ROM on OMJs kitchen, it came up with normal sizes instead of the cool big menu style that OMJ has on his ROMs, so I'm not sure if I'm missing a kitchen item or something. Any clue?
As far as I know, thats controlled by the theme.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:17 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
just the tsk file can change the menu size?
Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 PM

also, for simplicity purpose, when you get time you may want to update your first post with your titanium 21887 (the latest 6.5 you show is the buggy 21882)
Old 01-04-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post

I found it, it's menu enhancements in the VK, I loaded that up along with a few other things, and I'm cooking up a NICE rom very similar to the unofficial one you cooked up, but with ezinput 1.5, menu enhancements, and just a few titanium tweaks.

Thanks again for the kitchen (and always thanks to OMJ and Calk for theirs)

Old 01-04-2010, 03:11 PM

arg, ok here is what I'm running into:

I want to build a ROM in your kitchen just like the unofficial 21887 you built except with the big menus, no finger KB and no ezinput 2.1 (replaced with 1.5) and not AT contacts on and no titanium weather on, with a couple of other tweaks (don't need chess or hearts, etc...)

but when I cook it like this for some reason I when I select windows default under today>items it just locks up and cannot load titanium at all for some reason, I don't get it. The only thing I am really tweaking here is the menu enhancements, which might be causing the issue, but I really really like those OMJ big menus which can be noticed when switchcing today items, switching keyboards, etc...any ideas?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
arg, ok here is what I'm running into:

I want to build a ROM in your kitchen just like the unofficial 21887 you built except with the big menus, no finger KB and no ezinput 2.1 (replaced with 1.5) and not AT contacts on and no titanium weather on, with a couple of other tweaks (don't need chess or hearts, etc...)

but when I cook it like this for some reason I when I select windows default under today>items it just locks up and cannot load titanium at all for some reason, I don't get it. The only thing I am really tweaking here is the menu enhancements, which might be causing the issue, but I really really like those OMJ big menus which can be noticed when switchcing today items, switching keyboards, etc...any ideas?
Menu enhancements will have no effect on the loading of titanium. It's most likely a problem in the SYS if titanium does not work. Are any packages disabled in the SYS?
Old 01-04-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Menu enhancements will have no effect on the loading of titanium. It's most likely a problem in the SYS if titanium does not work. Are any packages disabled in the SYS?

the following are disabled in the sys sectoin of the VK:

adobeflash
adobeflashcodecs
autoupdate
fwupdate
onenote
samplemusic
SIM_TKit
Skybox
Skymarket
Transcriber
VoiP
VoiPOS
WelcomeCenter

when I cooked a working titanium ROM before though I thought they were already disabled, and when I load up DRB's 21887 template they are also disabled.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:10 PM

re-extracted the kitchen and it works now, just a glitch in the matrix I guess.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
re-extracted the kitchen and it works now, just a glitch in the matrix I guess.
LMAO I swear I saw that cat walk by twice...
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development