PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Wm 6.5.3 28014 & 21882 ROM|SYS 12/17/09

OK everyone. I am still alive. I just moved across the country and am trying to get unpacked and settled into a new, look for a job, and all that stuff. The computer I had the kitchen on had a drive crap out on me just before the move so I just packed it for the time. Its now out, drive replaced, and freshly formatted - now to start reloading the software.

In the meantime, I have ALOT of catching up to do as far as releases go. Can anyone give me a quick pointer or 2 on what the latest software to load is? My little bro got a Droid and was showing off his voice activated searching, which got me searching and I realized thats what TellMe does - so it will be in the next rom. What else is there?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Welcome back, Jesse ... you were missed.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint diamond w/ obviously stable rom 7-22
Carrier: sprint

etski is keeping up the good worketski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
OK everyone. I am still alive. I just moved across the country and am trying to get unpacked and settled into a new, look for a job, and all that stuff. The computer I had the kitchen on had a drive crap out on me just before the move so I just packed it for the time. Its now out, drive replaced, and freshly formatted - now to start reloading the software.

In the meantime, I have ALOT of catching up to do as far as releases go. Can anyone give me a quick pointer or 2 on what the latest software to load is? My little bro got a Droid and was showing off his voice activated searching, which got me searching and I realized thats what TellMe does - so it will be in the next rom. What else is there?
Hope you're getting settled in! Good to have you back! I'm still on 28014, but soft resets are now more often, so I'll be trying 21887 soon, so take your time! Hopefully I'll love 21887 and it will be stable for at least a month!

I tried tellme on a rom a few months ago, omj I think, and was totally unimpressed. While I seem to remember it did do voice to text for messaging, there was key presses required, very much like bing, so you still had to look at the phone and press buttons. I actually do have the same complaint about when I was playing with the droid. You couldn't just leave it in your pocket and talk to it and have it talk to you, you had to look at the screen and press buttons! Totally a fatal flaw for the droid IMHO.

I like voicecommand because I leave my phone in my pocket or on the car seat and only have to activate voicecommand with a press of the button on the headset. It reads me my text messages and my email headers and I never have to look at the phone. I just wish it understood more commands. I'd like to dismiss a notification or turn off a reminder! It would be nice if you could just say "send text to jesse" and then dictate the text! voicecommand will let you run tellme, but then it didn't just let you dictate speech, you next had to press a soft button on the phone . If there's a way to avoid that, I'm all in! Really seems it's more of a voicecommand function or extension, hopefully it will be.

Can't really tell you what sys you want, I leave that to you! The newest thing I installed is the new google maps 4, but that's just an app! I trust you to cook up the good stuff!

Don't forget to hit the thanks button when something helped you!

Old 02-16-2010, 05:52 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

To everyone that is still keeping an eye on my thread - I no longer have a Diamond since I had to give it back to my old office before moving across the U.S. so I can no longer test roms before uploading them. I snagged a touch pro off ebay as a replacement phone. I will continue to build roms for diamonds, but I'll have to ask for testers each time before posting anything on the fromt page. I've been trying to get a working 23529 or 23534 rom going on my TP but I'm having alot of troubles with it... I must have replaced or damaged something in my kitchen because even trying to redo one of my saved older setups is messing up. Once I track down the culprit I'll recmod the SYS and offer something for ppl to test out on a Diamond.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:15 PM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

I have a new setup that I need someone to test - http://hotfile.com/dl/29412813/2ebe0...d_ROM.rar.html

This is using the 23529 SYS, with updated Bing, Google maps, and a few other things. Since I don't have a Diamond anymore I have nothing to test it on, so it might not even boot. Please have a backup ROM to flash to in case this one doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6950
Carrier: china telecom

hwang00 is a n00b

so sad
i canot download files from megaupload
because my pc connect to internet though a proxy
and furthermore, that side is banned by china government's internet filter, the GreatFireWall so called
so nobody can access it directly from china
is there a mirror side?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Hello. My name is Success
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

fr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIPfr3sh_t0_d3f is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I have a new setup that I need someone to test - http://hotfile.com/dl/29412813/2ebe0...d_ROM.rar.html

This is using the 23529 SYS, with updated Bing, Google maps, and a few other things. Since I don't have a Diamond anymore I have nothing to test it on, so it might not even boot. Please have a backup ROM to flash to in case this one doesn't work.

Thanks in advance.
I can confirm that it is up and running. The 23529 SYS is running really good.

<---- Continuation Of The GTX Sense Theme---->
Old 02-21-2010, 09:24 AM
VIP n00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwang00 View Post
so sad
i canot download files from megaupload
because my pc connect to internet though a proxy
and furthermore, that side is banned by china government's internet filter, the GreatFireWall so called
so nobody can access it directly from china
is there a mirror side?
Ican get it mirrored somewhere besides hotfile.com if you want. Is your carrier cdma tho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3sh_t0_d3f View Post

I can confirm that it is up and running. The 23529 SYS is running really good.
Sweet. Thanks for taking the jump and trying it out.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

The00Stranger is a n00b

looks good. I'm not sure about the swipe keyboard but it will be fun to try. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

xclaw is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
looks good. I'm not sure about the swipe keyboard but it will be fun to try. Thanks!
Can you put up some screenshots of this build?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development