PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK
Carrier: Sprint

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

so showcase suite is the cause of text lockups? that's a shame, because i rather liked it
Old 09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon 4G (MoPho)

slmclarengt is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

It took me literally over 4 hours (probably more but you lose count after so long ) to get ANY OS working on my phone. I was determined to get Calcu's working and I did.

It's a WONDERFUL ROM, and I am wondering about one small thing.

When notifications come up and I cannot immediately dismiss them, I [like others] have seen the HTC Notifications Windows does not appear to be there like it used to be when we would click the top curtain. I'd like to know if this is possible to add, what people are doing to work around it and what that large curtain is that I've seen randomly displaying things like Bluetooth/Wi-Fi when I'm in certain menus. I would take a screenshot but I don't even know how it comes up in a 'surefire way.'

Anyway, I'd really like some ability to click (or drag like in Android or even WebOS!) the top bar to select my choices of activate Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/Notifications/etc.

In fact, I think a WebOS-inspired version of their program bar would be amazing with the connections/battery/notifications tab. It would make it that much more convenient to turn on different devices, enter Comm Manager, check/dismiss notifications, etc... If anyone is interested, I'll sketch out how I am envisioning it and help with the code [if I can learn quickly].

Slmclarengt
Old 09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

Anybody know where this error could be stemming from? It doesn't look like one i've seen before.

executing NBHUtils to build nbh file...
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: The output byte buffer is too small to contain the encoded data, encoding 'US-ASCII' fallback 'System.Text.EncoderReplacementFallback'.
Parameter name: bytes
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowBytesOverflow()
at System.Text.Encoding.ThrowBytesOverflow(EncoderNLS encoder, Boolean nothingEncoded)
ERROR! (errorlevel: -532459699)
at System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.GetBytes(Char* chars, Int32 charCount, Byte* bytes, Int32 byteCount, EncoderNLS encoder)
at System.Text.ASCIIEncoding.GetBytes(String chars, Int32 charIndex, Int32 charCount, Byte[] bytes, Int32 byteIndex)
at NBHUtil.Form1.CmdLineWriteNBH(String ModelID, String cid, String Version, String Lang, String chunk, ArrayList items, String outputfile, Boolean usedef)
at NBHUtil.Program.Main(String[] args)

ERROR executing: kitchen_build_rom.bat
Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
It would make it that much more convenient to turn on different devices, enter Comm Manager, check/dismiss notifications, etc... If anyone is interested, I'll sketch out how I am envisioning it and help with the code [if I can learn quickly].
Have you seen Action Screen? It doesn't do notifications, but does give a quick way to turn on/off wifi and bluetooth.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58968

Or there's MyAction that I haven't tried out yet
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=4329781
Old 09-29-2009, 04:05 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
It took me literally over 4 hours (probably more but you lose count after so long ) to get ANY OS working on my phone. I was determined to get Calcu's working and I did.

When notifications come up and I cannot immediately dismiss them, I [like others] have seen the HTC Notifications Windows does not appear to be there like it used to be when we would click the top curtain. I'd like to know if this is possible to add, what people are doing to work around it and what that large curtain is that I've seen randomly displaying things like Bluetooth/Wi-Fi when I'm in certain menus. I would take a screenshot but I don't even know how it comes up in a 'surefire way.'

Anyway, I'd really like some ability to click (or drag like in Android or even WebOS!) the top bar to select my choices of activate Bluetooth/Wi-Fi/Notifications/etc.

In fact, I think a WebOS-inspired version of their program bar would be amazing with the connections/battery/notifications tab. It would make it that much more convenient to turn on different devices, enter Comm Manager, check/dismiss notifications, etc... If anyone is interested, I'll sketch out how I am envisioning it and help with the code [if I can learn quickly].

Slmclarengt
Unfortunately if you are using the new 23414 rom, it doesnt have that top bar but 23053 does.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yup 23414 is bunk as far as the top bar. Oh well 23053 is plenty fine for now.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

m_reyna_16 is becoming a great contributor

i cant download it! every single time it shows up as a trojan or says that the file is corrupted!
Old 09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jappchae is a n00b

Quote:

Slmclarengt
I'm on Calk's 23414 ROM now, and am still accessing the top curtain icons the same way I was in the earlier versions of 230xx (below quote). My recollection may be wrong, but I think those top icons actually looked more sophisticated in 23053 than in 23414.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jappchae View Post
Haven't read sufficiently through the enormous thread to see if it's been mentioned already, but the only roundabout way I've found to use the familiar HTC volume control instead of the Windows volume control on 6.5.1 (I'm running 23049 with TF3D enabled) is to click on the clock to bring up the task manager, and then while the task manager is open, click and hold the clock for a few seconds until the top icons show up as larger colored icons - selecting the volume icon at that point will open up HTC volume control. The other icons are selectable as well, with their familiar functions. Doesn't seem to be the most efficient way for 6.5.1 to implement those top icons, but they still work.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Are you using Manila 2.1?
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jappchae is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Are you using Manila 2.1?
Yes. I'm just using the 23414 ROM that Calk posted up, with Manila 2.1 enabled.

Oh, the volume icon in the top curtain now opens Windows volume control - in 23049 it used to pull up HTC volume control.

Last edited by jappchae; 09-29-2009 at 08:16 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom