PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
The about is misleading, the 6.5.1 name is not official. The above is correct

6.1 = 21055 = latest 6.1 build
6.5 = 21864 = Latest COM2 6.5 build (i.e old interface non finger friendly buttons, most stable 6.5 build I find)
6.5.1 = 23420 = COM3 finger friendly latest gui changes (In find it to be more stable than COM4)
6.5.1 = 23060 = COM4 recently merged most of the COM3 GUI changes (but a little behind) plus new functionality (such as new contacts) (I find it to be least stable)

All 23* builds after 23017 are 6.5.1 (for COM3) as they have the new GUI.. not sure about which build it was for COM4
I think you may have 23420 and 23060 backwards. I think 23420 is COM4 with the new contacts, 23060 is COM3 with most GUI changes, but not quite as bleeding edge.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
It can be pretty finicky given that the top bar is much thinner now.

Try clicking where the start button used to be in the top left corner. This should bring up the new task bar.
It works fine on the COM3 build (i.e 23053/23060 when it comes), as of the latest COM4 release it does not come up over TF3D (well it does, but only when you tap the top corner twice, and its quite finnicky as you say). In the COM4 build it only shows up on the homescreen, so if you disable TF3d and use the 6.5 default homescreen it will work.

Basically anyone using TF3d and wants the notifications should be using COM3 until its fixed.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
The about is misleading, the 6.5.1 name is not official. The above is correct

6.1 = 21055 = latest 6.1 build
6.5 = 21864 = Latest COM2 6.5 build (i.e old interface non finger friendly buttons, most stable 6.5 build I find)
6.5.1 = 23060 = COM3 finger friendly latest gui changes (In find it to be more stable than COM4)
6.5.1 = 23420 = COM4 recently merged most of the COM3 GUI changes (but a little behind) plus new functionality (such as new contacts) (I find it to be least stable)

All 23* builds after 23017 are 6.5.1 (for COM3) as they have the new GUI.. not sure about which build it was for COM4

edit: had COM3/4 backwards, thanks for the catch sailrace
so what does com3 and com4 have to do with the interface? com ports are for communications like serial ports on a pc.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
so what does com3 and com4 have to do with the interface? com ports are for communications like serial ports on a pc.

there also the development teams at microsoft for WM builds.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k4mach View Post
there also the development teams at microsoft for WM builds.
so are they going to do a survivor type of thing and have the losing team be banshed to work on the next windows version 8 based off linux?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Its just two teams working on different things, they will eventually be merged together. I'm not 100% sure, but considering how low ago 6.5 hit RTM, we will most likely be seeing phones released with whatever COM2 build hit RTM (i.e the old interface) when 6.5 phone are released in October. With the result of COM3/4 coming out later in the year, probably when the first capacitive touch screen phones are released.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Sorry guys, will have to upload everything tomorrow morning as I don't have time today to do everything

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:46 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
Sorry guys, will have to upload everything tomorrow morning as I don't have time today to do everything
Aaaarrrggg.
I've been checking back to the first post for the last 5 hours!
Just messin'- thanks for letting me know I can stop checking.
I'll be back tomorrow.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've been checking back to the first post for the last 5 hours!
Same! At least now we know not to keep checking back until tomorrow!

Thanks a ton Calk!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

All good calk, although we would all like to think so, the world does not revolve around ROM cooking =D Have a good weekend.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom