PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post

thanks Calcu. Which sys most resembles 23017? seems to be my favorite at this point but experimenting with the others as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks Calcu. Which sys most resembles 23017? seems to be my favorite at this point but experimenting with the others as well.
yeah, i hate the new sys with the buttons on teh bottom
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
You want COM2 branch, the 21857 .
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:

Anything 23017 and down is the old style, so 21857 is the closest

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Anything 23017 and down is the old style, so 21857 is the closest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
You want COM2 branch, the 21857 .

thanks guys, well I guess its really time to move on up
Old 09-18-2009, 04:06 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Assuming this is a preview of things to come??
I don't see anything about 23052 on the first few posts of this thread.
BTW, been using your 23049 ROM all day. Spectacular. I didn't think I'd use Manila again, but this is really great. A shame it takes up so much space, but there are always compromises I guess.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Ya I'm loving the 23409. It's pretty, fast. The UI has some nice features.

Some issues I've run across
- How do you "close" or "minimize" apps like Opera? I have to go to the menu and EXIT within Opera, then say minimize.
- How do you switch between apps? There doesn't seem to be a task manager any more.

These are the ones I noticed in the first few minutes (which is all I've been using) I'll take it through it's paces and see if anything else comes up. I'm really diggin it. Actually starting to take on that aesthetically pleasing look, which for WinMo, is pretty hard to do.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Ya I'm loving the 23409. It's pretty, fast. The UI has some nice features.

Some issues I've run across
- How do you "close" or "minimize" apps like Opera? I have to go to the menu and EXIT within Opera, then say minimize.
- How do you switch between apps? There doesn't seem to be a task manager any more.

These are the ones I noticed in the first few minutes (which is all I've been using) I'll take it through it's paces and see if anything else comes up. I'm really diggin it. Actually starting to take on that aesthetically pleasing look, which for WinMo, is pretty hard to do.

The task manager included in the kitchen if installed is still behind the clock, just invisible, so if you click there, the menu should come up and if set to close apps on ok, will close them when clicked on the clock

I personally still use quickmenu, so on the apps I want to close, I just click the clock and it closes them and if I click where the old start menu icon was, quickmenu still shows, so I can switch between apps, etc
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Ok. I don't use the Kitchen, I just downloaded and burned your ROM.

It's weird MS still has scroll bars in certain option areas. Can't use finger scrolling, have to use the scroll bars.

It's a constant WIP until Wm7 I guess.

Anyway good work, nice ROM.

Thanks for the input Calc, the Task manager is still there, I thought I tried clicking on the clock, but maybe I wasn't on the home page.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:54 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
The task manager included in the kitchen if installed is still behind the clock, just invisible, so if you click there, the menu should come up and if set to close apps on ok, will close them when clicked on the clock

I personally still use quickmenu, so on the apps I want to close, I just click the clock and it closes them and if I click where the old start menu icon was, quickmenu still shows, so I can switch between apps, etc
good to know. I just viewed an interesting post regarding e-natives new taskbar that is built for newer builds of 6.5. a cab and oem is provided via the xda thread as well. Here's the thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=7994

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom