PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

BLOCKMONSTER is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Set the registry key shown below to 0.
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\SendEnd]
"SoftkeyEnabled"=dword:00000001
It still shows the send/end keys after changing to 0. Help?
Old 09-18-2009, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EvoLTE,3D, Iphone 4s

2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep2k4mach is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 2k4mach Send a message via MSN to 2k4mach Send a message via Yahoo to 2k4mach

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
O Rly ?

Well then, I didn't realize it was COM2 and was the older menu styles, etc.

Best regards,
-boggsie

yuppers 23017 was the last build before everything started getting all funky as far as the start button and all that.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKMONSTER View Post
It still shows the send/end keys after changing to 0. Help?
Did you soft reset and re-check to make sure it's 0 once it re-booted. The only things in that mod is 2 regedit's and a .bmp. Try just deleting the whole SendEnd key so that the 2 values below don't exist on the phone:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\SendEn d]
"SoftkeyEnabled"=dword:00000001
"KeyBitmap"="\\Windows\\SendEndKey.bmp"

If that doesn't work, try creating an empty .txt and renaming it to SendEndKey.bmp (no .txt extension), then copy it to your /windows directory using total commander. The registry deletions/edit's should do it though I would think.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 PM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsie View Post
O Rly ?

Well then, I didn't realize it was COM2 and was the older menu styles, etc.

Best regards,
-boggsie
23017 is COM3 before they made the 6.5.1 changes with start menu/button on softkey bar. The 218xx tree is COM2 and contains newer/optimized code than 23017 (I'd assume anyway since it's released later) and has the same 6.5 look. Those are the builds I would use if wanting the 'older' look and an updated SYS.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jappchae is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by The00Stranger View Post
So, it's different. Does that mean there is no volume control?
Haven't read sufficiently through the enormous thread to see if it's been mentioned already, but the only roundabout way I've found to use the familiar HTC volume control instead of the Windows volume control on 6.5.1 (I'm running 23049 with TF3D enabled) is to click on the clock to bring up the task manager, and then while the task manager is open, click and hold the clock for a few seconds until the top icons show up as larger colored icons - selecting the volume icon at that point will open up HTC volume control. The other icons are selectable as well, with their familiar functions. Doesn't seem to be the most efficient way for 6.5.1 to implement those top icons, but they still work.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Is it correct that only the 234xx is the "newer" 6.5.1 with the buttons on the bottom? I'm using it right now and I'm still not sure how I feel about the buttons on the bottom.

I tried to follow the conversation over the last several pages but all this talk of COM2 COM3 and I'm lost. I take it that 21052 is supposed to rock?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Is it correct that only the 234xx is the "newer" 6.5.1 with the buttons on the bottom? I'm using it right now and I'm still not sure how I feel about the buttons on the bottom.

I tried to follow the conversation over the last several pages but all this talk of COM2 COM3 and I'm lost. I take it that 21052 is supposed to rock?
No, all COM3 builds after 23017 also have the start/ok/close buttons at the bottom. COM3 builds are 230xx. If you want 6.5 and the 'older' taskbar sizes/windows button in upper left, use the COM2 218xx builds).

Last edited by mwalt2; 09-18-2009 at 10:48 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
No, all COM3 builds after 23017 also have the start/ok/close buttons at the bottom. COM3 builds are 230xx. If you want 6.5 and the 'older' taskbar sizes/windows button in upper left, use the COM2 218xx builds).
good info man. so if you are using the kitchen, you should select 6.5 (EXT) for 230xx and 218xx series roms, and choose 6.5.1 (EXT) for 234xx sys roms. Just wanted to clarify since I am not 100% sure.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:47 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
good info man. so if you are using the kitchen, you should select 6.5 (EXT) for 230xx and 218xx series roms, and choose 6.5.1 (EXT) for 234xx sys roms. Just wanted to clarify since I am not 100% sure.
Yes, from what I've read, 234xx is 6.5.1.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:51 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Smile Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
But, isn't 23053 out? j/k

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom