PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boodaka
Re: [ 9-28 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
i was having problems with 23414 and 23053 locking up when i read some emails and messages. any ideas?
Are u cooking Showcase in? If so theres a cab to replace it, it fixed that issue with mine, its a few pages back i can find it if thats what u did.

edit: here it is http://www.boodaka.com/myfiles/Calku...sk Manager.cab

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror

Last edited by boodaka; 09-30-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

benya is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Wow. What did you cook in? lol
I didnt cook anything in, I used the ROM. I added nothing, and the storage had plenty of space available at first. It just all of a sudden said storage critical...... weird huh?
Old 09-30-2009, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

WithoutRemorse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
Are u cooking Showcase in? If so theres a cab to replace it, it fixed that issue with mine, its a few pages back i can find it if thats what u did.

edit: here it is http://www.boodaka.com/myfiles/Calku...sk Manager.cab
Just throwing this out there... I'm using the Rom (414) and I experienced this also... I happened to be opening up attachments in the form of images and it would pretty much crash every time. Images were 2-300k so by no means huge. Ima try the newest Rom and see what happens...

Cheers,
Old 09-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

Sailrace is keeping up the good workSailrace is keeping up the good work

I think i've come to the conclusion that 23414 seems to generally operate more smoothly (cooking my own ROM, and once again ditching Manila - too glitchy).

My big issue now is wishing that the X on the program screens actually closed out the programs. Since Showcase Suite seems to be the cause of the messaging locking up, is there another options to have the X close programs. I can always tap the clock to bring up the task manager, but i'd be happier if it could happen with one screen press.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wond3r View Post
Do any of your ROMs still use 6.1? I like WM 6.1
Old 09-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok, first the good news: I can finally cook a rom using the 9-28 upload. I cooked a 6.1, a 6.5, and 6.5.1 (all with default selections first) all without any issue.

I then went and converted some of my personal oems to ext and flashed 23414. and it seemed to work fine for a few hours but then locked up. when I soft reset, it hard reset...

I love what I see out of 23414 as this is my first time being able to fire it up. Now if only I can pinpoint the source of the lock up issue...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 09-30-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleLiving View Post
ok, first the good news: I can finally cook a rom using the 9-28 upload. I cooked a 6.1, a 6.5, and 6.5.1 (all with default selections first) all without any issue.

I then went and converted some of my personal oems to ext and flashed 23414. and it seemed to work fine for a few hours but then locked up. when I soft reset, it hard reset...

I love what I see out of 23414 as this is my first time being able to fire it up. Now if only I can pinpoint the source of the lock up issue...
The lock up, soft reset and it hard reset happened to me in the previous kitchens. It doesn't now, not sure if it's anything I did or something Calk fixed, I didn't really change any settings.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarns View Post
The lock up, soft reset and it hard reset happened to me in the previous kitchens. It doesn't now, not sure if it's anything I did or something Calk fixed, I didn't really change any settings.
no worries... i'll keep tinkering cause it also looks like it didnt accept some of my created EXTs
Old 09-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok to add several points:

For the dude running out of space, make sure you are syncing stuff to your IS not your phone's memory. I have no clue what it could be but after you flash a ROM go through each directory in File Explorer and find out where all the space is going. Make sure you sync attachments and pictures on the IS.

As far as the freezes, uncook Showcase Task Manager or use the cab Calk posted a few pages back. That will fix it fine. There is still the HTC Task Manager (it should be cooked in). For me the little icon doesn't show up but it's right under the clock and works just fine.

As far as the more stable ROM, they are both fine but if you're gonna use Manila use 23053 otherwise 23414 is fine. As far as we can determine something about 414 the top notification icons don't jive with Manila.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jappchae is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmclarengt View Post
How is it that it works for you, but not me or virtually anyone else? I want to be able to click the top and change bluetooth to on/off, wifi on/off, open notifications for dismissal, etc... Sure I'd love the HTC Volume Control back because the Windows one is straight hideous So maybe I'll throw 053 on there b/c it seems to suit me.
To be clear, on 23414 it didn't work for me the same way as on 23053. On 23053, just clicking the top curtain pulls the icons down. On Calk's 9/28 23414 ROM (which doesn't have Showcase) I had to click the top-right clock which pulls down the regular task manager - then while the task manager was open I had to precisely press-and-hold the clock again (anywhere else on the top curtain wouldn't work and it seemed very picky about precision on clock - had to use stylus/nail) and the icons would pull down after two seconds of holding. This is the process I referred to by quoting my earlier post - maybe you didn't see it. It's very unlikely this is an individual glitch, and other 23414 users without Showcase can probably replicate - just trying to help, but if it doesn't work for you under the same circumstances, I have no idea. Also, the volume control I'm seeing in 23414 (and 23053) is Windows version and not HTC version - it was the older 23049 Calk Rom that still had the HTC version when accessing the top curtain icon through this roundabout way.
I already switched back to 23053 - the top icons look better too.

Last edited by jappchae; 09-30-2009 at 12:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom