PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cdubb9800 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cdubb9800
Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
you need to flash a shipped rom, then flash the custom rom. I believe that fixes it in 99.9% of the cases.
okay ill give it a try
[ROM] Stock Rooted
[Firmware] 2.2
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Does the Tachi dialer need to be installed for call history to come up when using 23412 6.5.1? Im trying to build a rom with the old phone canvas and no Manila, but call history doesnt work.

So far I love this SYS but notifications are becoming a real pain. I havent been able to find a combination I like yet. Also, the taskbar is so small now, its hard to hit the icons, not to mention Taskmanager. I know its under the clock, but to get it to drop down, I feel like I need the stylus..... Gotta say though, wm 6.5 seems to be coming along nicely with each new build!!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:23 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinscuzzy View Post
Does the Tachi dialer need to be installed for call history to come up when using 23412 6.5.1? Im trying to build a rom with the old phone canvas and no Manila, but call history doesnt work.

So far I love this SYS but notifications are becoming a real pain. I havent been able to find a combination I like yet. Also, the taskbar is so small now, its hard to hit the icons, not to mention Taskmanager. I know its under the clock, but to get it to drop down, I feel like I need the stylus..... Gotta say though, wm 6.5 seems to be coming along nicely with each new build!!
I wouldn't have thought so, but that might be the case. I'm having a hell of time doing much the same thing. I never liked how the Tachi dialer screwed up so much other stuff, but I might have to try it.

Another question... is there a way to set all the selections back to their default? I'm not sure what the heck I changed that messed things up so bad, but I want to start over. If there isn't, I'll just re-extract the kitchen and start over again. Only thing I don't like about that is that I have to hunt down the OEMs I added in from indagroove's kitchen and drop them back in.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Another question... is there a way to set all the selections back to their default? I'm not sure what the heck I changed that messed things up so bad, but I want to start over. If there isn't, I'll just re-extract the kitchen and start over again. Only thing I don't like about that is that I have to hunt down the OEMs I added in from indagroove's kitchen and drop them back in.
I asked the same question a few days ago, check this post... http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...postcount=8764

Ignore the 2nd paragraph, it pertained to something else....

Also, its good to hear someone else comment on the Tachi dialer. I cant believe no one else has complained about it b4. I cant tell you how many times I ended a call, and it was still connected, not to mention crashing the phone if I hit the end call hardware button more than once.

Last edited by vinscuzzy; 09-17-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I asked the same question a few days ago, check this post... http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/showp...postcount=8764
That answer is what I was afraid of.
I'm re-extracting the original while I flash Calk's 23049 right now.
I don't have time to keep messing with this right now, and I need a working phone for tomorrow.
Once I have a "fresh" kitchen, I'm going to just save the default ROM (from each SYS build that I want to use) so I can always go back to it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, just built a new 23412 6.5.1 rom, and you DO need the Tachi dialer to get call history to work. It also fixed an issue I was having with not being able to add a new contact in the new 6.5.1 contacts app. Oh well, guess Ill have to stick with Tachi, even though Im not a fan..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:09 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Ok, just built a new 23412 6.5.1 rom, and you DO need the Tachi dialer to get call history to work. It also fixed an issue I was having with not being able to add a new contact in the new 6.5.1 contacts app. Oh well, guess Ill have to stick with Tachi, even though Im not a fan..
I had a feeling that might be the case.

While I'm using Calk's 23049 ROM... how do I switch those panoramic backgrounds?? I can't decide if they are making me dizzy or I'm just swooning cuz they're so cool looking.
Are there special backgrounds included in the ROM? (When I went into Settings to change the background, it just defaulted to the pictures from my camera on the IS. I know they aren't going to work.)
Old 09-17-2009, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I had a feeling that might be the case.

While I'm using Calk's 23049 ROM... how do I switch those panoramic backgrounds?? I can't decide if they are making me dizzy or I'm just swooning cuz they're so cool looking.
Are there special backgrounds included in the ROM? (When I went into Settings to change the background, it just defaulted to the pictures from my camera on the IS. I know they aren't going to work.)
If you want some pre-made backgrounds or a guide on how to make them, click on the link in my sig. If you want to remove it and set things to default gen.y manila 2.1 (besides clock), install cab in this post.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started
SoftKeys

Anyone know the reg keys to change the Today screen left/right softkeys. Currently, it is "Internet" and "Comm Mgr". Want "internet" changed to "Phone" link.

EnergyROM has a softkey tool that allows you to change this. How is this done in CalKulin's ROM.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work
Re: SoftKeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Anyone know the reg keys to change the Today screen left/right softkeys. Currently, it is "Internet" and "Comm Mgr". Want "internet" changed to "Phone" link.

EnergyROM has a softkey tool that allows you to change this. How is this done in CalKulin's ROM.
I use Diamond Tweak to change mine.
Current Radio: ___

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom