PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ Mar 10 \ OS 5.2.21028 v4.5 ] Calkulin's Kitchen v1.5, ROMs & Cabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefall View Post
My phone has had some freezing issues after being charged and a soft reset wasn't fixing it but it eventually went away after a couple soft resets and waiting for a bit like 10-15mins
mine did that for like the first month. havent had any problems (got it when it first launched, first in ohio)
Old 03-12-2009, 12:41 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I've done a lot of flashing and even used a few Kitchens (including Calkulin's) to make some ROMs, but I can't even get this one started.
I get the COMMAND window open. I get to the point where I select what type of ROM I want to make for my DIAMOND and then I get the error for all options. "Missing OS.nb.payload from ROM folder"
I extracted a file with that name and put it in the folder called .ROM, but that didn't change anything.

I'd also like to know how to be able to use different SYS files with the kitchen. I remember that in older kitchens, we just put the whole RARed file somewhere- but it looks like the SYS files that are there now are not compressed. And I don't know how to select one or another from within BuildOS. Or should there be only one in the folder.

Thanks for any helpful responses.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kitchen error.JPG (91.5 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Need just a little help.
I am not new to flashing and have created previous roms with kitchens. However, for some reason can't create a correct ROM using Calcu's kitchen. I know it's my fault and I am just not selecting a correct option. However, every time i tried to create a ROM with delv's HD manilla and a Sprint (non-flip) clock (I like the original sprint one best) it just comes out white or doesn't display the background on all tabs correctly.
Can someone help and list the options I need to check off while cooking the ROM?
Thanks.
Using this kitchen Ive never been able to use anything but one of the flip clocks. Ive tried with the last 3 or 4 kitchens, and if I ever select one of the sprint clocks, I get the white box as well. Kinda given up, and usually select the white flip. I do miiss the default sprint clock though!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 AM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Are y'all getting any error messages when cooking your ROMS?

I will try to build a ROM with a different clock and see how it works for me.
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 03-12-2009, 02:06 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I've done a lot of flashing and even used a few Kitchens (including Calkulin's) to make some ROMs, but I can't even get this one started.
I get the COMMAND window open. I get to the point where I select what type of ROM I want to make for my DIAMOND and then I get the error for all options. "Missing OS.nb.payload from ROM folder"
I extracted a file with that name and put it in the folder called .ROM, but that didn't change anything.

I'd also like to know how to be able to use different SYS files with the kitchen. I remember that in older kitchens, we just put the whole RARed file somewhere- but it looks like the SYS files that are there now are not compressed. And I don't know how to select one or another from within BuildOS. Or should there be only one in the folder.

Thanks for any helpful responses.
Based on your screenshot, you seem to be missing some critical parts of the kitchen, especially your ROM and SYS folders. Did you download and extract from the zip everything properly?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

tntsniper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
I've reflashed the new version and did a bit of texting, it did freeze up 2 or 3 times today.

I classify a freeze as typing away, suddenly the screen no longer accepts inputs from me, it hangs on my last touch or press. This "hang" or "freeze" lasts from 1 to 5 seconds in most cases.

Quite annoying, the 4.5 is perfect (as is other ROMs, like Mighty's) but this freeze bug is plauging every ROM since the "leaked" ROM and UP.

Hopefully someone can figure out the source of the problem.

Good Luck chef's!
Ya i agree, I've been searching and searching for a fix or something that will work w/ out getting ride of xt9 or the phone pad, but nothing. Its a shame b/c all these roms a quite fast, espc this one, but the screen locking up kills me..

Like today i was typing a text that was important.. well it locked up so i just grabbed my beer and sat the phone down to let it unfreeze and forgot about it lol.. even tho it was 5 secs i just forgot..

But at least on calks its not tooooo bad, on mighty's its just terrible and unbearable.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
Have you tried this? This newest build seems to work great on my phone.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=59892
Thanks... looks very promising.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo

fadi33 is just getting started

I love this ROM. Great job Calc. have everything I want already in there. Runs very quick and smooth. I have definitely switched over from others. Thank you for all your work.

Quick question, are all the manilla cabs link down?
Old 03-12-2009, 10:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Thanks... looks very promising.
Thanks again for the tip Meatgel... I loaded it up and I don't know if it is going to fix the disappearing in-call screen yet, but it definitely fixes the backlight not working like it's supposed to when you put it to your ear and move it away. That problem has plagued and annoyed me for quite some time, so this is must-have stuff. Everyone should download and run that cab. It will restore functionality that we all were supposed to have on this phone out of the box.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
does anyone have a working xip for 21176 sprint diamond

Did the one I posted not work for you?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom