PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 11-10 ][ v4.2 ][ 6.5.x / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcordero212 View Post
http://pastebin.com/m32a5543c

This creates a rom about 101mb in size.
looking through the log i can't see anything obviously wrong, i'll let you know if i come across anything.

are you including wince.nls..?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond
Carrier: Metropcs

rcordero212 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rcordero212

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
looking through the log i can't see anything obviously wrong, i'll let you know if i come across anything.

are you including wince.nls..?
im looking through oem and sys and i dont see wince.nls
Old 12-29-2009, 01:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
im looking through oem and sys and i dont see wince.nls
Look in \ROM\DIAM500\xxxxx\OEMXipKernel (DIAM500 may be different and xxxxx is the build number you are using).
Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Ok n00b question and I'm trying to figure it out but when you first flash a ROM you cook it loads the Flamerize theme and I was wanting to get a different theme to load up on startup and I just am stuck. Any ideas?

Edit: Okay I think I answered my own question. I just go to Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen v4.2\SYS\21876\DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\0409\Them es_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640 and replace Flamerize with say Rock and Republic Black right?

Last edited by MrObvious; 12-29-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Ok n00b question and I'm trying to figure it out but when you first flash a ROM you cook it loads the Flamerize theme and I was wanting to get a different theme to load up on startup and I just am stuck. Any ideas?

Edit: Okay I think I answered my own question. I just go to Calkulin's Visual VGA Kitchen v4.2\SYS\21876\DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640\0409\Them es_Lang_0409_DPI_192_RESH_480_RESV_640 and replace Flamerize with say Rock and Republic Black right?
tsk's are set by config_operator.txt in the carrier EXT.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Diamond
Carrier: Metropcs

rcordero212 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rcordero212

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Look in \ROM\DIAM500\xxxxx\OEMXipKernel (DIAM500 may be different and xxxxx is the build number you are using).
that worked great! now how do you exclude the stupid little blue kb
Old 12-29-2009, 07:15 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

So, has Calk totally abandoned this kitchen? I see he's got a TP2 now and has been active on those threads.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrre View Post
just stopping in to say thanks for the SPB rom. Havent done anything except play around with the screens and settings, but i love it!
I tried it I liked it very much be aware it says trial period on it so it might stop working after 15 days. I'm sure it tells you how to get it on the register menu. I wanted a lighter rom so I got rid of it. but it was absolutly awesome!

is there a way on the spb rom to enable gps for weather. (I live in middle of BFE and the 2 closest cities on the weather are over 100 miles away one is across the bay.

and a real newb question do you have to edit the registry if you don't have the app like advanced configuration to get the screen to rotate the way I want it? or the manilla change screen app?
Old 12-29-2009, 07:42 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
tsk's are set by config_operator.txt in the carrier EXT.
Thanks. I added a TSK: \Windows\Rock and Republic Black.tsk line and hopefully it works hehe.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
that worked great! now how do you exclude the stupid little blue kb
which little blue kb..? is it the default M$ kb? try cooking in one of the other kb's included in the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
So, has Calk totally abandoned this kitchen? I see he's got a TP2 now and has been active on those threads.
i read over in the tp2 kitchen thread that he was planning on releasing one final vga kitchen, however i could be mistaken or things could have changed so i can't speak for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Thanks. I added a TSK: \Windows\Rock and Republic Black.tsk line and hopefully it works hehe.
did you just add the line, or replace the "TSK: \Windows\Flamerise.tsk" line..? just make sure to place it after the "CFG: \Windows\Manila.txt" line if you're using the tweaks package

Last edited by SOHKis; 12-29-2009 at 11:23 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom