PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Thanks. I was finally able to get one to boot.

Issues i have seen:

- My Location isnt getting my location
- SMS doesnt send through the new sms client

Its very snappy though. I like it. Cant wait for the text messaging to be fixed.
As with the previous manila ports, we'll need a CDMA fix for the text messaging client from HTC to work.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

donky353 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Thanks. I was finally able to get one to boot.

Issues i have seen:

- My Location isnt getting my location
- SMS doesnt send through the new sms client

Its very snappy though. I like it. Cant wait for the text messaging to be fixed.
yeah i am flashing now, but i was expirencing the same issues before. hopefully they are better now

Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

I think SMS is related to flashlite, try using the one in calks kitchen instead of the 1920 version that came packaged. I have it working now on 2.5 without issue. (tested sent message and received response)

edit: can't guarantee thats the reason, but seems like it. Considering alot of people have had this issue and not only with calks kitchen, it seems to be a probable solution.

Last edited by omnicronx; 11-03-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
I think SMS is related to flashlite, try using the one in calks kitchen instead of the 1920 version that came packaged. I have it working now on 2.5 without issue. (tested sent message and received response)
Were you using the windows mobile interface or the new manila interface? I always get the SIM card error when trying to use the manila interface.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

I'm using the Manila interface. I find it really weird that you can send from the WM interface consider as of 2.5 the messaging sms client is one and the same (within manila it has the bottom slider, but the messaging sms client itself is the same). Definately try using an older version flashlight (found in OEM section of calks kitchen, and disable the 1920 version) as sending both ways works fine for me.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Were you using the windows mobile interface or the new manila interface? I always get the SIM card error when trying to use the manila interface.
Yeah im curious myself. I just unselected all the htc message packages for the new manila so the classic htc message was available again. Through the old message client i have been able to send and receive messages fine.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:47 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
I'm using the Manila interface. I find it really weird that you can send from the WM interface consider as of 2.5 the messaging sms client is one and the same (within manila it has the bottom slider, but the messaging sms client itself is the same). Definately try using an older version flashlight (found in OEM section of calks kitchen, and disable the 1920 version) as sending both ways works fine for me.
Ill give it a go.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

What did you guys do about the Music Tab? I tried to put an old audiomanager file in the kitchen but it didnt do anything. Oh and are you guys missing a setting icon in the start menu?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Personally I just dropped in one from the tachi ext pack from everythingdiamond and it worked fine.

http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=94

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gomgznymlj2

Anyone else having issues with landscape? I know its only suppose to work for pictures and music tabs, but I just get a blank screen no matter what I do.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:29 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

question, oddly enough my manilla 2.1 seems to be very low on my screen... anyone know of a hack to raise it up?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom