PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-22 ][ v4.1 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If the version numbers are the same, don't try to add the leo package. Most likely calkulin already added the same exact leo package to his kitchen. You'll only want to add the EXT's with higher version (ie newer) numbers from the leo packages. Adding one by one would be best to find any problems, but it's time consuming.
Ok but when I add the newer Leo pkg, the VK wont let me disable the older one if it's in the OEM section. Do I need to remove it from the OEM folder before running VK?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Ok but when I add the newer Leo pkg, the VK wont let me disable the older one if it's in the OEM section. Do I need to remove it from the OEM folder before running VK?
I just removed the actual folder that contained the older one.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
I have the text messaging *slightly* working. It doesn't show you the bottom message or two... as it cuts it off thinking it's a WVGA screen, but other than that it is working. Also you cannot send a text as it says the SIM card is missing... I'm sure that whatever was the fix was for the Gen.Y 1.5 will be simliar for this one. Just waiting for that fix.
Ok thanks, at least i know its me.

Groov, ya I have tried the leo and tachi packages (1.1 / 1.2 respectively) neither work. I obviously did something here as I cant get the windows client to open (it creates error files in the root) either.

Thanks all.

FYI audomanager exec was not included in the ext package linked. Put in a 1918 client from everythingdiamond and it worked fine.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

mdm5873 is a n00b

[QUOTE=mwalt2;1289542]I don't think slingplayer works with the newer 6.5.1 SYS (like 23071). They will need to update the program for it to be compatible. You can use the 6.5 SYS with normal softkey/task bars. Try Calkulin's Diamond 21869 ROM. I think that will work with slingplayer.

Thank you for your time. I downloaded and installed this and yes, it does work just fine. I see now what is meant by the soft keys at the bottom of the screan being different.

I would like to donate to the cause because I like using this ROM and for the help given. I see on the front page for Calkulin Donate, but where would a person donate to you for your help?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

donky353 is just getting started

Have been runing manila 2.5 for about a half hour so far and i have to say its a significant improvement over 2.1. I had stopped using TF3D and went to Titanium but i think 2.5 is going to swing me back to the TF3D side of life.

Last edited by donky353; 11-03-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:43 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by donky353 View Post
Have been runing manila 2.5 for about a half hour so far and i have to say its a significant improvement over 2.1. I had stopped using TF3D and went to Titanium but i think 2.5 is going to swing me back to the TF3D side of life.

Are you able to send text?

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbussen View Post
Are you able to send text?
Not right now, I did find some newer Manila packages that i am currently downloading and will report back once i have a new rom cooked.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:47 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Not right now, I did find some newer Manila packages that i am currently downloading and will report back once i have a new rom cooked.
You find them on XDA?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b

I found them over at everythingdiamond.info. Here is the link to the tread, the download is on page 72 post 719. http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=94
Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot

Quote:
I found them over at everythingdiamond.info. Here is the link to the tread, the download is on page 72 post 719. http://www.everythingdiamond.info/showthread.php?t=94
Thanks. I was finally able to get one to boot.

Issues i have seen:

- My Location isnt getting my location
- SMS doesnt send through the new sms client

Its very snappy though. I like it. Cant wait for the text messaging to be fixed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom