PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

i think its unnecessary... but here is the leo menu in green.
and i think u can checkout energy rom posts for the blue look, and red and grey is just like the the red manila highlights that clac already have.

notification 3 is the one that shows color icons. dont have a screen shot yet

and sts:

hope that help
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Quick question while we're waiting for the new stuff to drop. What needs to be done in order to use one of Calkulin's older style system builds in the visual kitchen?

Look how the new SYS folders are setup and organize it that way. Also make sure you have the same amount of folder(not always needed tho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nize2beme View Post
ok calk, I ran 4.1 and it wouldn't boot, hung at boot screen. I can never seem to get kitchens right though so this might have been my problem.

As a result I flashed to your 21867 rom, and it did some really quirky stuff. So i don't think that it has totally fixed the issue with not having to flash to shipped, then again I did flash from a bad rom to this one.

And yes 4.1 was up, it was uploaded and a little bigger than 4, but he took it down it looks like now, perhaps I wasn't the only having issues booting with it ?

flashed to shipped and then back to 21867 and we'll see how it goes.

Yes it was up but I never posted a link because I wasn't done with it, so since I wasn't, I won't answer questions about it, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
As far as i can see there is no ext for leo menu enhancement, or for the notification enhancement 3, so ill post it up.
leo menus in blue, gray, green and red.
and if anyone wants also slide to shut down instead of xpshutdown...

Menus: http://hotfile.com/dl/15291920/0d4f73a/Enhancements.rar.html
SlideToShutdown: http://hotfile.com/dl/15291963/73a7876/Slide2Shutdown_1_1.rar.html
Notifications: http://hotfile.com/dl/15291993/f4815f6/Notification_Enhancement_3_0_1916_3622.rar.html

I hope this help anyone who was looking for those...

That's not actually the menu enhancement I'm using in the kitchen, so unless you use that version of it, those skins won't work

Old 10-20-2009, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Nice!! Looks like the new build of opera 9.7 supports OpenGLES that actually works!! So much smoother (although there are still some kinks/not sure if it will work with the software driver). Good to see the addition of another rhodium dialer too Been using that phone canvas for a few weeks and I really like it.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond & 6700 & 800w

nize2beme is just getting started

ok, it was hanging on the start menu, but not b/c i needed to flash back to shipped (as it still happened after i tried that) I had to do a hard reset after flashing, always forget that one... work's perfect now.

now for 4.1 ...
Old 10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I've been pretty busy and have gone like 3 weeks without flashing a rom (gotta be a new record),

I come in to see what's new and see this crazy looking today screen (the one that says 8:23).

Is this a new UI or an updated tf3d, and can it be selected (if I just download the rom, not enough time to build one) as a separate deal other than Tf3d, or is it just part of one of the new builds or what?

Also,

what is 21055 and 21869 (the differences between the builds) and can I use the 23xxx now with a WORKING htc task manager?

sorry for all the questions whomever takes the time to actually answer them will get a HUGE thanks and mucho karma.

cheers
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I've been pretty busy and have gone like 3 weeks without flashing a rom (gotta be a new record),

I come in to see what's new and see this crazy looking today screen (the one that says 8:23).

Is this a new UI or an updated tf3d, and can it be selected (if I just download the rom, not enough time to build one) as a separate deal other than Tf3d, or is it just part of one of the new builds or what?

Also,

what is 21055 and 21869 (the differences between the builds) and can I use the 23xxx now with a WORKING htc task manager?

sorry for all the questions whomever takes the time to actually answer them will get a HUGE thanks and mucho karma.

cheers
The new UI is just spb mobile shell 3.5. It's in the kitchen now and is a 15-day trial I believe. 21055 is wm6.1 and 21869 is wm6.5 with the 'old' look (ie no big soft key bar, start in top left, etc.). Use 21869 if you want the most compatibility with manila (no need for a position fix), htc taskmanager, HTC Volume control, etc. HTC taskmanager does not work for newer 6.5.1 builds (great then 23020 or so). I think the showcase taskmanager (not sure on which version) makes it so programs close when you press the 'X' in the bottom right corner.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The new UI is just spb mobile shell 3.5. It's in the kitchen now and is a 15-day trial I believe. 21055 is wm6.1 and 21869 is wm6.5 with the 'old' look (ie no big soft key bar, start in top left, etc.). Use 21869 if you want the most compatibility with manila (no need for a position fix), htc taskmanager, HTC Volume control, etc. HTC taskmanager does not work for newer 6.5.1 builds (great then 23020 or so). I think the showcase taskmanager (not sure on which version) makes it so programs close when you press the 'X' in the bottom right corner.

thanks for the quick reply.

im not very familiar with showcase, can you switch between programs easily? and does 21869 offer anything over 21859 (what I'm currently running)?

also, has 2.5 or the HD2 tf3d been ported (working smoothly) to the diamond yet?
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok just an update... I built and flashed a new 6.5.1 23064 last night and I'm still having the horrible battery drain. Took it off the charger at 7:20 this AM and by 8:00 it was at 73%!!! Not sure what else to do. I've flashed Radios as well with the same results. I tried Diamond Tweaks option to end Data after 1 minute (didnt have adavance config) but them once it turns off Data the first time, I cant get databack on unless I soft-reset... ARRRRR!

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Ya you don't seem to be the only one, its mentioned all over the place at XDA for 23064+ builds. Seems hit or miss though, I have no problems and , although I rarely cook in weird tweaks that often cause these kind of issues (things like touch in call tweak etc..)
Old 10-20-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Ok just an update... I built and flashed a new 6.5.1 23064 last night and I'm still having the horrible battery drain. Took it off the charger at 7:20 this AM and by 8:00 it was at 73%!!! Not sure what else to do. I've flashed Radios as well with the same results. I tried Diamond Tweaks option to end Data after 1 minute (didnt have adavance config) but them once it turns off Data the first time, I cant get databack on unless I soft-reset... ARRRRR!
I had to give up on the 6.5.1/23064 and 23069 builds due to sluggishness and Opera problems. Went back to 6.5.1/23420 in VK3 which is good for me.
Assuming its not a bad battery, make sure that your screen turns off completely when in sleep mode. Not sure what model you have, but the Diamond has a small flaw where when it goes to sleep, there is a faint glow from the screen and does not turn off completely, thus drains battery quickly. (easy to notice in a dark room). The only things I do for battery conservation are obvious things (turn off data/auto downloads/apply battery saver tweak..etc).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom