PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
You can get rhodium 100% working if you know what you're doing. Long story short I took juicy's 090512v rom (I just found that one to be the most stable, had some freezing / random hard reset issues with other builds, and it was the first juicy rom I ever tried and found that it had all features I need built right in) and put the newest xbmod Rhodium install on it, had to do some finagling to get the Facebook tab to work. All calls from Manila DO work and link to juicy's phone canvas. SMS goes to the proper rhodium manila, notification enhancements in tact. Pretty much everything you can possibly do on a 6.5 rom right now. If anybody wants a little more detailed instructions I'll post em, I don't know how to cook a rom so posting one with all this sh*t working is unlikely. Here's some screens.

The only drawback to all this pimpage is that I only have 4mb's of free space on my device. But for some reason youtube still starts and works (I've had errors before that said "youtube needs at least 8mb of free space to start" ...but I don't get thos errors with this rom or maybe its the version of youtube, either way, it works) and I have no problem running all of my programs, any programs I want to install in the future can be installed to internal storage. Since I already have most of my system customizations done through reg edits and I don't use advanced config or programs like that, no space is wasted on unnecessary programs. Most of the space was filled up by a fresh copy of rhodium / sprint navigation / google mobile / the newest opera browser w/ flash / etc...
Post the steps you used
Old 06-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

flashed on the 30th, no lockups or need to even reset since. i didnt even flash back to stock.. straight from the last version of juicy.
super solid, juicy.
havent found any bugs yet...

oh! trying to update google maps it opens opera to the google maps flash page... instead of google.com/gmm. Just a minor inconvenience when trying to quickly use google maps it asks you to continue/upgrade, etc etc
Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Post the steps you used
I will soon. I may or may not come out with my own rom based on Juicy's kitchen...and If I do it will be the first rom with rhodium working. Whether or not I come out with my own rom I'll do my best to post exactly what I did and how I got it working. Only thing that sucks about making my own rom is that I am on sprint and geared it towards many sprint based services like TeleNav GPS, Sprint TV, ESPN Mobile, etc....so I'd have to strip everything sprint out so others could use it. If you really really really want all these features you can start by Installing the newest version of rhodium manila from XDA dev's .com, after you do this, phone calls will be working from manila, and SMS will default to the proper rhodium SMS interface. But the program tab will not work no matter what you do, the facebook tab wont be there, and you won't be able to link anything to peoples facebook profiles, you won't be able to "upload to facebook" with pictures and videos, the menu enhancements might get a little messy, and you will ofcourse have the default soft keys, which you can change with reg hacks. This should give you a good start and at least get phone calls working for you. You can try to get the facebook tab to work too if you want to do it but I coulnd't get it working after a single install, it wouldnt let me log in and kept giving me errors, but i fixed it after a while of tooling around. Maybe, just maybe, I'll release a rom of my phone based one Juicy's kitchen but for now, just do that to start.

Edit: This is all based on Juicy's 090512v build of his rom. Anything newer than that I had problems with.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

echao29 is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

There's a new phone canvas here that you all can use to make dialing from manila contacts work:

TACHI PHONE CANVAS KNOOP V2C
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=729

ISSUES:
* Conferencing does not work (due to not being able to put a call on hold)
* left hard key (send) does not initate new phone call when typing ph. number (nor does the "talk" button)
* Slider still a little flakey

BUT EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lsantos0907 is just getting started

So with that new phone canvas, how do you make a phone call?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

echao29 is just getting started
Lightbulb Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsantos0907 View Post
So with that new phone canvas, how do you make a phone call?
If the party you're calling is not in your contacts then you're out of luck for now. But dialing from manila (TF3D2) contacts is now working.

btw, if you haven't downloaded it yet, a new link is here (as the old link is no longer working): http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4683)
Old 06-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: enginer

ljlxl is a n00b

waitting for 21728
Old 06-03-2009, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

ilkhan is just getting started

is UC gone? My diamond isn't loading my UC config when previous versions of juicy (was still on 4.13) worked just fine.

QuickGPS stopped getting data about 2 weeks ago as well. QuickGPS says connection failed under the rom I just DLed from HTC as well.

Last edited by ilkhan; 06-03-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started
Wink Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

If anyone is interested in getting custom weather you can try this below as this has worked for me.

Disable Touchflo

copy the original 2330fc3c_manila database file from '\Windows' directory to your computer and change (uncheck) the read only property

Edit the database using SQL and the SQLite Administrator found here: http://sqliteadmin.orbmu2k.de/

Once you have added all your places change properties back to read only and copy back to \Windows.

Delete the cache file located under \Application Data\HTC\Databases

and restart Touchflo.

This is what worked for me and I can now add the cities I customized in the database.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Munkee915 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Post the steps you used
if its anything like what ive mentioned about 3 times in this post already, you basically reinstall xboxmods rhodium manilla package over this rom. Worked for me but left me w/ almost no free space. I havent been able to get this to work on the latest rom though. it keeps crashing when loading manilla after a soft reset.

BTW thanks to juicy for a great rom. Took me 3 days to finally get it running stable but its great. had to do the clear storage trick and its been running good so far. for some weird reason, i've noticed if i add File Explorer as a shortcut to the programs menu, it wont launch. other programs seem to work fine except that one. launches ok from the "all programs" link though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development