View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM
JQuill
Regular 'Geeker

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ ROM ] [ KITCHEN ] JUICY 7 - Build 090530 (21725.5.0.2) [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Post the steps you used
I will soon. I may or may not come out with my own rom based on Juicy's kitchen...and If I do it will be the first rom with rhodium working. Whether or not I come out with my own rom I'll do my best to post exactly what I did and how I got it working. Only thing that sucks about making my own rom is that I am on sprint and geared it towards many sprint based services like TeleNav GPS, Sprint TV, ESPN Mobile, etc....so I'd have to strip everything sprint out so others could use it. If you really really really want all these features you can start by Installing the newest version of rhodium manila from XDA dev's .com, after you do this, phone calls will be working from manila, and SMS will default to the proper rhodium SMS interface. But the program tab will not work no matter what you do, the facebook tab wont be there, and you won't be able to link anything to peoples facebook profiles, you won't be able to "upload to facebook" with pictures and videos, the menu enhancements might get a little messy, and you will ofcourse have the default soft keys, which you can change with reg hacks. This should give you a good start and at least get phone calls working for you. You can try to get the facebook tab to work too if you want to do it but I coulnd't get it working after a single install, it wouldnt let me log in and kept giving me errors, but i fixed it after a while of tooling around. Maybe, just maybe, I'll release a rom of my phone based one Juicy's kitchen but for now, just do that to start.

Edit: This is all based on Juicy's 090512v build of his rom. Anything newer than that I had problems with.