PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 06:25 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [FINAL] [06.26.09] MightyROM4 w. OEM BASE Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
One issue that I may be having with this ROM, and I have no idea whether it is generic to all ROMs, is the adjustment of in-call volume.

I typically have my phone set on Vibrate-only all the time. Whenever I get a call, I can't seem to adjust the volume at the earpiece.

Furthermore (and this may be part of the problem), when I hit side volume buttons, it shows a single screen that has the options "System" and "Ring" (along with the volume slider and Vibrate/Silent. But one needs THREE volume options: System (speaker), Ring and In-call (earpiece).

On my old Touch, the in-call volume is adjusted only during a call. I can't seem to get there on the Diamond at least with this ROM...
I have the same problem but have had since since last year. If Im getting a call I cant adjust the volume, MUTE RING button does not work 90% of the time. and "flip face down to mute" does not work either. No one seems to know a fix so I just live with it.

as far as the different volumes. I think normally it shows 2 (system and ring) but when you are in a call and adjust the volume it shows the in call volume. not sure why all 3 cant be displayed at all times.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

so is there anyway to lower the incall volume? I've tried during a call and it never really gets lower and as it is it is quite loud...(it might as well be a speakerphone as everyone around can hear it) ... Is there even a registry setting or something?
Old 06-29-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Telus

TheZodiac is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
noob question? or noob answer more like...
To go from Juicys 6.5 ROM to Mikes 6.1 ROM you should flash to your shipped ROM, then flash the new ROM, then do a hard reset. Or tomorrow you will be the guy saying, "my phone does weird stuff now. I dont like this ROM."

Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
havent heard of that one before. you tried soft resetting and it still does that?
yeah, tried soft resetting.. Guess I'll have to hard reset, hopefully it wont do it after that.. have to try spb backup out anyhow..
Old 06-30-2009, 05:13 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805 View Post
yeah, tried soft resetting.. Guess I'll have to hard reset, hopefully it wont do it after that.. have to try spb backup out anyhow..
that sucks. a hard reset will fix it for sure. I used SPB backup forever but since I found MS MyPhone I dont need SPB anymore.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so is there anyway to lower the incall volume? I've tried during a call and it never really gets lower and as it is it is quite loud...(it might as well be a speakerphone as everyone around can hear it) ... Is there even a registry setting or something?
First off this used to happen to me too, soft reset usually fixed it temporarily though. Secondly...

I use SPB Phone Suite to create and use custom profiles for my sound settings. For instance, every night my phone goes silent at 11 and it turns the volume up at 8 in the morning. Or it contols my bluetooth settings when I get in my car and it connects, also turns every sound setting to 100% on thursdays at 6pm when I go to the bar then back to normal levels at 8 when I leave. And for your problem you can control the Speaker volume in the program itself.

Here is the thing though, I dont use TF3D anymore, strictly SPB Mobile Shell 3 and standard Today screen. So I dont know how it integrates in to tf3d.

http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/phonesuite/

Old 06-30-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I tried a soft reset, didn't fix it... the problem is with the EARPIECE/In-Call volume, not the speaker/system volume. Its so loud now that it is distorting and everyone can hear the conversation...

I also tried the registry setting, something like HKCU/Sound..../InitVol ... didn't seem to do much...

Does this ROM have any of the CABs to diddle with the earpiece volume, like AudioPara?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I tried a soft reset, didn't fix it... the problem is with the EARPIECE/In-Call volume, not the speaker/system volume. Its so loud now that it is distorting and everyone can hear the conversation...

I also tried the registry setting, something like HKCU/Sound..../InitVol ... didn't seem to do much...

Does this ROM have any of the CABs to diddle with the earpiece volume, like AudioPara?

Um you can put EARPIECE in capital letters all you want, I completely understood your post. You are talking about the speaker, where all sounds come from, alerts, music, and incall volume come from the same place, the speaker. SPB phone suite will change your in call volume, or at least it is supposed to.

The InitVol registry should have changed the level, doesnt always stick though. It is was gets changed when you press the side buttons while in a call.

I think he reverted back to the original audioparra file, not sure though. It was tweaked a while back because when the Diamond first hit, you couldn't hear the other party on the line.

For the Audioparra cab go to CDMA HTC Diamond Upgrades and scroll down to MightyMikes thread, look to the right and you will see stars and the word Files, click on files. It is a list of files posted in this thread, in reverse alphabetical order.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

so in the Windows dir from the ROM there are two audio*.csv files:
AudioPara3.csv and AudioPara3_Diamond#C.csv . I gather the first is
the one that is actually used. The second? I dunno, anyone? Perhaps
the original?

It has lower values, if I understand it, for the earpiece, so I guess I
will try it... unless someone tells me that there is a problem with it...
Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularludacy1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does anyone know if this has netcf 3.5? did not see a icon in the programs list if not can someone post up a cab, i cant find a cab anywhere

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development