PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Once again. Users who have diamonds to play on.

Which i don't.
I know of at least one person in this thread that offered to send you a Diamond. Mike, I really appreciate what you have done for us "Diamond" users, but let's be honest. This is not your priority anymore and that's fine, but stop blaming everything on you not having a Diamond:

Quote:
If someone wants to send me a diamond, go for it. I have my second bnak account setup although havne't linked it with paypal because i've just been lazy.
Again, I am a big fan of what you have done for us, and I am happy to stick with 4.6 because it is stable and does eveything I want it to (including ringing the phone with an incoming call).

And I saw Mike's statement about 6.1 final:

Quote:
I am trying to clean up r3born for you guys to have a final 6.1 build, although without a ringtone resolution, i am stumped.
This ringtone thing has been beat to death (use a cab, convert to .wav, whatever) and we still don't know it's ROM related. So get over it, kick out 6.1 final if that's what you want to do and be done with it!!

Let the flame-throwing begin, but be forewarned....I have a very thick skin.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

No flamethrowing to begin.

I have contemplated MANY options. I'd love to give you guys 6.5. I really would, although it's just too hard at the moment.

The gentleman who offered the diamond hasn't pm'ed me back in over a week, so whatever will be will be.

And stop blaming everyone on me not having a diamond?

How am i even supposed to test the rom for you guys lol... That is the main reason believe it or not.

I am not going to constantly make a build and upload it for testing.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
really? I think you are the first person to say even with their ringtones converted to .wav files you still got the bug.

I went to Windows\Rings and deleted that whole folder. I store my few ringtones that I actually use (which are .wav files) in Application Data\Sounds and haven't had the bug come back for about 3 weeks now.
Wow I wonder if that is it? Odd.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

I have noticed that the ringtone bug is present in most builds on 6.1. I have tried all builds of 6.1. The one that I am currently using is 21028 and I have no ringtones issues at all. I primarily use bluetooth to talk on my phone and all of my ringers/notifications are mp3s that I have in internal storage. I start seeing the bug in builds 21032/38/42/43/ and now 21046 that I am currently playing with. All of these builds have shown the bug at some point in time. Maybe something changed in the way 21032 and up was done. I have both devices(Diamond/Touch Pro) and this is true for both of them. Hopefully this can help steer someone in the right direction because I have no idea where to go at this point.

Sorry Mighty Mike for hijacking your thread. Please forgive me.

Last edited by lostcausnjtown; 05-14-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Realized that I hijacked the thread.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown View Post
I have noticed that the ringtone bug is present in most builds on 6.1. I have tried all builds of 6.1. The one that I am currently using is 21028 and I have no ringtones issues at all. I primarily use bluetooth to talk on my phone and all of my ringers/notifications are mp3s that I have in internal storage. I start seeing the bug in builds 21032/38/42/43/ and now 21046 that I am currently playing with. All of these builds have shown the bug at some point in time. Maybe something changed in the way 21032 and up was done. I have both devices(Diamond/Touch Pro) and this is true for both of them. Hopefully this can help steer someone in the right direction because I have no idea where to go at this point.

Sorry Mighty Mike for hijacking your thread. Please forgive me.
Tomorrow i am going to load a diamond with 20776 and see how that plays with the ringtones.

Wish me luck... and yourselves lol
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Good luck
Old 05-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
No flamethrowing to begin.

I have contemplated MANY options. I'd love to give you guys 6.5. I really would, although it's just too hard at the moment.

The gentleman who offered the diamond hasn't pm'ed me back in over a week, so whatever will be will be.

How am i even supposed to test the rom for you guys lol... That is the main reason believe it or not.

Mike,

I think everyone here should/does realize that your rom is one of the best out there, period....end of story. If you can't properly release a 6.5 rom right now based on your criteria and standards, so be it! Who are we to judge. It's not the end of the world. As much as I would love to see it, I have options and others do as well. There are many outstanding 6.5 releases out there including Groove's 6.5 masterpieces, Bonz great 6.5/rhodium roms, Mystery, Dareeseboy, Chronic, Scrosler, Juicy, Evertec etc, etc (my apologies if I missed anyone) People here have 6.5 releases with manilla, without, stripped down/loaded, with titanium or just manilla. All for free and the community is great!! I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I think you have been very cordial with your community and we shouldn't doubt your intentions. Pixel wants closure from what I can see and maybe others do as well. I respect that call it as I see it approach but see no reason to push the envelope when there are so many great choices at our fingertips. If you need any of us to help with testing or anything, just ask.(there will be a line eagerly waiting) Maybe a good team concept (mystery chef) you mentioned earlier will be the ticket. Oh well, sorry for the long winded response.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:54 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Tomorrow i am going to load a diamond with 20776 and see how that plays with the ringtones.

Wish me luck... and yourselves lol
What about the \Windows\Rings folder as was mentioned a few posts above?
Old 05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:

I'm amazed that you are still developing this thing, not having the device. It would drive me quickly insane. I would either have to:

1) stop

2) quit reading my own rom thread

lol
Old 05-14-2009, 02:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

When Sprint decides to release the Pre (god knows when), D2, or TP2 (fall ?) I promise to donate my Diamond!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development