PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
Tomorrow i am going to load a diamond with 20776 and see how that plays with the ringtones.

Wish me luck... and yourselves lol
Thanks for not giving up on us. Like many of us said, we are willing to test for you if that's what it takes to have a stable final build of 6.1. The current build is already amazing and extremely fast.

The ringtone bug is one that shows up over a long period of time by random chance - not something you could test by yourself even if you had a Diamond. Please allow us to help
Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
What ringer bug? What roms have you tried recently that have this bug? Just curious.

*edit* Reason I am asking is that you are saying things like this is hands down the best rom, which it very well may be... I don't know, I really don't have time to try them out much any more... but I'm just wondering what other public roms you have tried lately? Looking at your profile it doesn't look like you ever post in any other thread beside this one. Have you tried any of the other public roms that are available? If you haven't, maybe you should. For all you know this ringer bug may be obsolete and you are beating up Mike, who doesn't even own the device any more to test the thing out, over it.
OK, let me be clear (again)....I am NOT beating up Mike, quite the contrary. Mike has said numerous times that the only bug that keeps him from dropping MR5 (or 4.x Final or 6.1 Final or whatever you wish to call it) is the unresolved ringer issue. The fact that there is a ringer issue has not been in dispute for months, so perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with this thread a bit more. Just a thought.

Edit: as for me not trying any other ROM's, you are right. I happen to think that I lucked out by flashing MigjtyROM the first time because in my opinion (based on the vast experiences of others here that HAVE tried other ROMs), Mike's ROM is simply the best out there. And yes, I do read posts from other people who have tried other ROMs and they have also reported the ringer issue. For some reason you seem to think that I should not post unless I try every ROM and post in every thread, but I am a bit more loyal to Mike than that.

Last edited by pixelpop; 05-14-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Edit: as for me not trying any other ROM's, you are right .... Mike's ROM is simply the best out there.
That doesn't even make any sense. It's like telling your only sibling that she is your favorite sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
The fact that there is a ringer issue has not been in dispute for months, so perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with this thread a bit more.
Yeah, I remember the ringer issue. I couldn't help notice you were saying that you didn't think anyone would ever pin it down and at the same time you have never tried any other rom and never post in any other thread. It just seemed like an odd statement.

Last edited by Drybonz; 05-14-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

apaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuffapaquette0069 knows their stuff

after using the cab file for over a week now(with .wav ringtones of course) I have not had the ringer issue, but am not liking the quality of the ringer, when you guys convert your tones to .wav, what settings do you use? if you are using mp3 ringers then what are the spec's(quality settings) of the mp3's you are using?

as for the whole deleting of all sound files from the windows dir and the windows ringtone dir, what is the best locating that you guys have found for relocating you tone's?("\Aplication data\sounds\" , "\Internal Storage\My Documents\My Ringtones\" , or just "\Internal Storage\My Documents\"??

what location have you guys found to be the best location?

also this brings up this question, i have found that the only way (at least for me) for you to use custom tones for new sms's\new email's\and alarms and such, is to place the tone in the "\Windows\" dir?

is there another location that you can place custom tones, where they will show up in the "Sound and Notifications" when you go to change your sms's\new email's\and alarms, other than just the "\Windows\" dir?

thanks a lot guys!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

first FIVE users to reply here get a beta build for the new release.

After the five replies, please stop asking. Thank you!
--
uploading rom now, will take about 20 mins at the most.

Last edited by MightyMike; 05-14-2009 at 01:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

ME!

woohoo!
Old 05-14-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
first FIVE users to reply here get a beta build for the new release.

After the five replies, please stop asking. Thank you!
me =)

i love u maaaaaaaaaaaaan

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror

Last edited by boodaka; 05-14-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn

memememememe!!

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-14-2009, 01:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Juicy 7 Diamond

viper808 is just getting started

me me me thx
Old 05-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Retired Staff
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

expect your pms soom guys... rom is uploading
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development