PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfjc06 View Post
Got a question guys.... does anyone else get the new splash screen followed by the old one with the red orangeish lines???? Or is mine special...lol
nope, your not special. mines the same way.
Sorry bro. seemed like it ment a lot to you, lol

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
  1. No, it doesn't. This ROM is carrier-generic. Let customizations run. It won't affect your radio [ROM] in any way. FTR, I used a Verizon radio for a while and had no ill affects. (Not using it now, but not because of any issues.)
  2. You don't even have to back up your contacts if you make sure they are synced. But a complete backup is always a good idea in case something does happen and your device gets FUBAR. Since you are starting with an OEM ROM, you shouldn't have to do anything, but Mike and most people who've been doing this for a while recommend flashing an OEM SHIPPED ROM prior to flashing a custom ROM. Then run Clear Storage [1234;YES] after you flash the custom ROM. The few minutes these things take will save you a lot of headaches. Most of us won't recommend trying to restore programs when you are going from one SYS to another, but feel free to try if you want. Just be ready to hard reset if it gets messed up.
  3. Other free advice: Know how to get your device in bootloader and how to hard reset before you start all this. And read the first few posts of any thread and the stickies for some really great advice.
Thanks a lot. But what is OEM shipped ROM? Is it a kind of customerized ROM based on shipped stock rom? Where can I find this kind of ROM?

Is http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64695 what you referred to as OEM shipped ROM?

Last edited by Procter; 05-04-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

iammarkus is just getting started
Send a message via Skype™ to iammarkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Take some time and complete your profile or be prepared to have people ask you more questions.
This is a thread/ROM for the Diamond. If you have 5.0 installed, then you probably have a TouchPRO. You're in the wrong forum.
FTR, this is NOT a "newer" ROM than 5.0, but it is probably more stable. And there is the same thing in the TP forum.

Hi funny thing I just did complete my profile. I am using a Diamond... and it's working fine. Just new to this site which is great!!! thanks for answering my question....

Cheers
Old 05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

anfjc06 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearn View Post
nope, your not special. mines the same way.
Sorry bro. seemed like it ment a lot to you, lol
Lol i thought i screwed something up. I think it would look alot cleaner with just the new splash
Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond

Astrak is just getting started

Quote:
Lol i thought i screwed something up. I think it would look alot cleaner with just the new splash
You can change that with advance configuration tool to whatever pic you would like.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

xmovingx is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to xmovingx Send a message via Yahoo to xmovingx

Rabid_Gypsy

this is the same problem i had with fufu, text and email.. i was driving me up the wall....

if anyone has the fix, let me know.. i like all the fet. on mighty rom, but i was going to drive over my phone...it was that bad....
Old 05-04-2009, 08:44 PM
rie
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

rie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by djelmonstruo View Post
download it again maybe the file get corruted or flash from you pc with active sync..make shure you have more than 50%of battery
I downloaded it again, and it flashed successfully. I really really love MightyROM.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammarkus View Post
Hi funny thing I just did complete my profile. I am using a Diamond... and it's working fine. Just new to this site which is great!!! thanks for answering my question....

Cheers
see the issue is, that you could not have installed mighty 5.0 on your diamond, since the rom was only released for the touch pro.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Would you like some cheese with that wine?
How bout this - you finish reading my follow up post and respond to my points if you want to contribute to the thread instead of just jacking your post count? (Hope that's not asking too much...)

Quote:
He replaced the stock HTC animation with his own then kept his splash screen from the earlier ROM's. I think the new animation was better done then HTC's. But I kinda agree - it don't seem to match the splash very well. Still like it better then the stock one though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
That's the one. Thanks!
Great! Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Gypsy View Post
I am having a small problem (more like annoyance) with this ROM. Sometimes when I am replying to a text message, the first letter disappears, it doesn't happen all of the time though. It has happened on the compact qwerty and the full qwerty. Anyone know of a fix?
I had this issue before but since I turned off predictive text entry (the little t9/abc switch on the compact keyboard) and switched to FingerKeyboard2 I don't have it anymore. Here is the main thread for that app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=487677 but there is a better one some where here on PPCGEEKS.COM that has some good skins for the Diamond on it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xperia X1A
Carrier: Rogers

MikeWalker is a n00b

Noob question, where can I find a list of the differences between mightyrom 4.8 and mightyrom 4 r3born? Are they just two different roms like mighty and juicy, or is there a specific difference?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development