PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock
Carrier: Sprint

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

I know this is going to sound terribly simplistic and braindead, but every few days when I happen to think about it, I just do a soft reset and guess what...I never have the no ring issue, the reboots by itself issue, the phone freezes up issue or any other issue....in fact, no issues at all. I learned this procedure by using Windows Vista.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50Pesos View Post
It is the 262 error, is it because I have not unlocked the phone ever? If so how can i back up my music quickly, I sync my media with desktop not my road computer.
Unlock the phone! and flash away...
Old 04-11-2009, 05:48 PM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eglynum View Post
Using G-Alarm with Mike's rom causes my phone to freeze. I have to pull the battery. But it only happens if I hit the vol+/- buttons too soon after my phone boots. It also happens in the morning or after a long time with the backlight off (and I hit the vol+/- buttons too soon). Is there a fix for this??

Also, what does Mike's rom do at night? My phone acts like its been semi-reset in the morning. Audiobooster needs to be turned back on, the clock is flipped back down, and now I have to wait 30 sec before turning the ringer back up in the morning. What's that about??
so did you flash stock then mighty then clear storage.i do that every time and it works alot better
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b

hey guys,

Just a quick possibly noobish question for anyone who could help me out with this. I have a desktop computer on which I would like to try to tether and use the internet connection option on the phone (i.e option 3 on mighty rom when you plug the phone in the computer via usb). Now, i selected the 3rd option when i plugged my phone into the computer, but the internet wasn't working?

So i'm just curious, is there steps in between i'm supposed to do with settings on the phone/computer in order to use my phone as a modem and set it up properly? Also, are there any programs that are needed to be installed on that computer in order to use my phone's internet?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ps- if i use this option, will i get charged for tethering by telus? Thanks!

Last edited by toosweet4life; 04-11-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet4life View Post
hey guys,

Just a quick possibly noobish question for anyone who could help me out with this. I have a desktop computer on which I would like to try to tether and use the internet connection option on the phone (i.e option 3 on mighty rom when you plug the phone in the computer via usb). Now, i selected the 3rd option when i plugged my phone into the computer, but the internet wasn't working?

So i'm just curious, is there steps in between i'm supposed to do with settings on the phone/computer in order to use my phone as a modem and set it up properly? Also, are there any programs that are needed to be installed on that computer in order to use my phone's internet?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

ps- if i use this option, will i get charged for tethering by telus? Thanks!
regarding your first question, you may need to disconnect your pc from the main internet connection, then sync up and tether. it could be confused cause you are already connected to the web.

second question, telus will not know you are tethering.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond (cdma)
Carrier: telus

toosweet4life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
regarding your first question, you may need to disconnect your pc from the main internet connection, then sync up and tether. it could be confused cause you are already connected to the web.

second question, telus will not know you are tethering.

Thanks for the help! But the only weird thing is that I don't have internet currently hooked up to that computer? And also, does that computer need to have active sync on it in order to work?

Thanks again, as your help is really really appreciated!!
Old 04-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosweet4life View Post
Thanks for the help! But the only weird thing is that I don't have internet currently hooked up to that computer? And also, does that computer need to have active sync on it in order to work?

Thanks again, as your help is really really appreciated!!
no problem. I think you need to establish a connection via active sync (XP) or WMDC (Vista) to tether.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:54 PM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I wonder how close to easter our new Rom may be?.. After Easter.. Maybe Monday, perhaps?.. teeehehehehehe.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
I wonder how close to easter our new Rom may be?.. After Easter.. Maybe Monday, perhaps?.. teeehehehehehe.
not sure. my guess is we will see something after Mighty 5.0 rolls out on the TPro. Hopefully soon.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:48 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I hope everyone that had/has the ringer issue on their 4.8 try this cab out. If it works for everyone then we have a perfect ROM basically...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=4453
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development