PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus Mobility

eatbeme is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
i wonder what could be killing my battery so fast then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
this isn't a rom problem.
sorry.

My rom has one of the best battery life reps out there.
I found the battery life lacking when I flashed from 4.45 to 4.8 also, but after letting the battery run all the way down till the end the first night, it's been amazing. It's been 3-4 days since I upgraded, and I've found the battery life yesterday and today to be much much better.

I unplugged my phone today at 10am -- it's now 4pm and I'm only 1 bar down. On the first day I would have been down to 50% by now.

It could very well be that the ROM flash resets the battery level calibration, and you need to run it all the way till it's dead so that the phone knows how far the battery can go before dying to make the battery meter more accurate.

Edit: I've also installed SEVEN (push client for email) for 3 email accounts, which in theory should cause more battery drain than normal polling.

Last edited by eatbeme; 03-31-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
Mike,

does 4.8 fix a freezing issue? Sometimes I will wake up the next day and i'll have to take my battery out cause my phone froze into a black screen.
i had it happen to me this morning
Old 03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

i get it sometimes also when recieving a text it just vibrates and i have to soft reset to correct it.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
i had it happen to me this morning
does anyone know whats causing this?
Old 03-31-2009, 04:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
does anyone know whats causing this?
not sure. I had the phone freeze once since I installed 4.8 in the same fashion. But to be honest, my phone froze on the original stock rom as well.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Darn. If you had only typed in 14 more characters, we would have had your exact gps location via that backdoor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
Good explanation. Thanks!
@randyist:
Actually, you've got a good question here. For me it simply comes down to TRUST.

Yes, we all have sensitive information on the phones we use. And actually, I don't necessarily believe a thread would have begun about 'something fishy' going on with such-and-such ROM. The cooks are very talented and can hide things we may have no way of checking.

But, it comes down to trust:
I trust Juicy & MightyMike.

Mighty in particular seems genuinely loyal to his installed base of users. He openly answers questions and gives much of his time and energy for this project. If his intentions turn nefarious, well then he has me by the balls!

The tradeoff thus far has been: Trust Sprint's stock ROM with all it's quirks, limits and slowness, or trust Mighty & Juicy and really, really start enjoying the device. The latter has won out.

Just my $.02 as always.

Other comments? Thoughts?

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 03-31-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:33 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I think the battery issues are a miscalibrated battery sensor. Just let it run down and it should be fine.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
I asked this question days back. I was wondering if there is anyway to proove that our phones are safe from having emails, passwords hacked, etc. Like.. How do we know when we download a ROM that there aren't backgrounded system processes running that can catch our passwords? I'm truly paranoid, but i do have a lot of important emails from my business being opened up on this. Thanks

Randy
Not exactly what you're talking about, but you should look at the thread that I just posted in about editing your t9 dictionary.
I found some things in there that were definitely not put there by MS or HTC.

Old 03-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her

can we have a cab for the newly made mighty mouse boot screen? i love it.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

pwabbit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
the battery issue is beginning to get annoying i start my day with 100% and by 3 or 5 its at 20% 6 to 8 hours of use should get better battery life. also its minimal usage bc im at work and i can be on my phone except on lunch for maybe 15min or data and 5 min phone call. a fix would be awesome since i love this rom would like to keep using it...
When I first installed it, I thought the MR4.8 was sucking the battery dry, Later, it seemed like the battery would never drop. Today is a great battery day. I removed the phone from the charger (100% charged) at 6:20am and it is now 5:45pm and the battery is at 90%. I haven't used the phone much except for the calendar and text messaging. Obviously, how much I use the phone effects the battery drain. This is the best battery day that I have had with any ROM. MR4.8 rocks! Great ROM Mike.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development