PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatbeme View Post
Ok, so I had 4.2 and the no ringer problem -- went back to 4.1, installed Juggalo's 4.1 Juggalo's White Slide To Answer cab and still had the ringer problem.

I uninstalled Juggalo's White Slide To Answer cab last night and the ringer issue hasn't cropped up yet. So I'm pretty confident that my hypothesis that this has something to do with the new *white* phone canvas with the slide to answer has legs.

I haven't tried the black s2a cab and don't plan to as I'm happy to be able to hear my ringtones for now.

Keep up the good work mightymike!

P.S. I never use bluetooth.
i think the reason that im not facing the same problem with the dialer is because im using conflippers s2a cab. im in class right now, but ill post the cab when i get home

Old 01-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond
Carrier: sprint

bender29 is a n00b
Re: [January 17th, 2009] M I G H T Y R O M 4 . 2 [SYS OS 21109 Build 21109] [UC]

Doh! Just got hit with the ringer bug. Didn't realize it until I got a voicemail notification.

I have my ringtype set to Vibrate and Ring, but it does neither.

In the phone and the sounds & notifications settings, I can test the ring and it will play and virbate just fine.

Also, I don't have bluetooth on, and haven't had it on since I flashed to 4.2

So it sounds like the temporary fix is to switch to a different rom?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender29 View Post
Doh! Just got hit with the ringer bug. Didn't realize it until I got a voicemail notification.

I have my ringtype set to Vibrate and Ring, but it does neither.

In the phone and the sounds & notifications settings, I can test the ring and it will play and virbate just fine.

Also, I don't have bluetooth on, and haven't had it on since I flashed to 4.2

So it sounds like the temporary fix is to switch to a different rom?
3.9 and 4.1 work fine as well in Mike's series. 4.2 seems to be the one with the ringer issue.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized
Carrier: Sprint

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
i think the reason that im not facing the same problem with the dialer is because im using conflippers s2a cab. im in class right now, but ill post the cab when i get home
Well it finally happened my ring tone defaulted to winmob and ringer stopped..Its s2a fo for sure causing the issue..I moved back to 4.1 since it never happened and installed the s2a cab...THought issue was gone for good....SO conclusion its not the ROM's at all its the s2a OEM/Cab......

Mike anyway you can make 4.2 with all the updats without s2a?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized
Carrier: Sprint

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
update

i just had the ringer change problem happen with black slide to answer installed
Sorry Briggs the info i gave was incorrect, i installed the black s2a with 4.1 not "4.2" and yea........ringer issue is back after about 2-3 days.....
Old 01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

So... the ringer issue is from the S2A oem???? We're not having this issue with the touch pro rom :s same oem...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:23 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

maybe you should try the conflipper one the guy up there was talking about for the next diamond release.

and specifically what I had happen was the custom ring tone defaulted back to the windows mobile default ring tone. My phone still rang when it was called and it only takes a few clicks to change the ring tone back to the phone noise from 24 (attached below)
Attached Files
File Type: zip 24.zip (27.3 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by briggs; 01-22-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility
Threadstarter

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
maybe you should try the conflipper one the guy up there was talking about for the next diamond release.
That i shall do...

Thanks guys for all the information!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc hero

jpeepers is becoming a great contributor

For those with the "ringer problem" are you showing a missed call or are you getting nothing at all?
Is the call getting to your phone but it's just not ringing?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Diamond

bender29 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeepers View Post
For those with the "ringer problem" are you showing a missed call or are you getting nothing at all?
Is the call getting to your phone but it's just not ringing?

For me, the phone will wake up and show the s2a and incoming call, but no ringer or vibrate at all. So unless you stare at your phone you will not know a call is incoming.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development