View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
kidFromBigD
PPCGeeks Regular

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkLaw View Post
Darn. If you had only typed in 14 more characters, we would have had your exact gps location via that backdoor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyist View Post
Good explanation. Thanks!
@randyist:
Actually, you've got a good question here. For me it simply comes down to TRUST.

Yes, we all have sensitive information on the phones we use. And actually, I don't necessarily believe a thread would have begun about 'something fishy' going on with such-and-such ROM. The cooks are very talented and can hide things we may have no way of checking.

But, it comes down to trust:
I trust Juicy & MightyMike.

Mighty in particular seems genuinely loyal to his installed base of users. He openly answers questions and gives much of his time and energy for this project. If his intentions turn nefarious, well then he has me by the balls!

The tradeoff thus far has been: Trust Sprint's stock ROM with all it's quirks, limits and slowness, or trust Mighty & Juicy and really, really start enjoying the device. The latter has won out.

Just my $.02 as always.

Other comments? Thoughts?

Last edited by kidFromBigD; 03-31-2009 at 05:09 PM.