PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
That worked for the installation. GTX theme is running, but the font is still white which makes it really difficult to read anything.
Also, had one SOD today. Which makes me think it's the GTX theme that's the problem with SOD's. Going to uninstall.
it might be that they are using a different version of htc locker... but i dont think so, but if anything it probably has nothing to do with the theme, just the locker probably, try disabling it , or use a different one, like the one that looks like wm or the hdmini... maybe that will help.
also, i noticed that when batt is low(like <10%) the phone my shut down on u just like an SOD, and i dont mean because there is no power... cuz when u pull out the batt its comes back on.
could be that there is something that is reserving too much mem on the device that might be kinda overloading it somehow.... not sure... with all those new packages its hard to make sure that all values are changed to fit 100% with the diamond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRed View Post
evo, i'm waiting to see the plan details. i'll be leaving my $30 a month when i go.
im like u... not 30 a month... but also not a bad deal for me here.
im scared of switching to android though... i dont anything about it, and i hate google products, well actually its not the products, its the logo.... nevermind.
just the 4g sounds good... than i can cut the cable internet since my days of heavy downloads are long gone.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Exclamation Re: Future Theme, review S2W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok guys so i saw that s2w came out with his theme... and some new sys's are out also.
now...
im going to modify it a little cuz im not 100% happy with it (i hope he wont mind).
plus, i was going to complete his work by making all the highlights, checkmarks and such red also... now my question to all u guys how really likes that theme and wants to see it is if u would even want to see everything in red or u would like to keep the black with the red.
its all up to u guys who really wants it, personally im not a fan of the red highlight but wanted to make it so the whole rom has a uniform theme... just like my black theme.
also... i was thinking about improving the work that gtx have done and match up all the rom to their highlights and checkmarks and such also.
i would have loved to actually release complete themes but it's not possible because a lot of the roms are packages depended not to mention vga/wvga differences.
i would love it if u guys can give me some info about what u'd like to see cuz as soon as i have time to do something im probably gonna pull of as much as i can and them i might disappear to the EVO arena... when it comes out anyways.
thanks.
Thanks AmiKAM, have success in your finals!!!
OK fellows, whenever you can you should visit S2W Thread to look
his just released RED DARK CRIMSON DCS25a .
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...&highlight=s2w

IMHO I can't say I love it, maybe I like the SLider so far,
also has someone notice that Great Calendar ART???? I want that in my Device.
Just maybe without the two little White square with numbers: 2 & 3 over the day number,
but I like numbers in the sides column (1,5,9 and 4, 8, 12). Why numbers are not: 1, 8, 15 and 7, 14, 21??
but the rest of the theme is sort of too much decoration for me,
Let say I totally agree with the phrase "Less is More" (sometimes).
Worst is that I hate when they put White shadows or WHITE reflections or WHITE glows under WHITE letters, and thank goodness I'm not alone already "CATMAN51" have post in his thread this same issue.
OK fellows, your turn to express your opinions.

-----------------O--------------------

By the way , for Sys21xxx ROMs
I have made a CHT QuickLink ICON for "StartMenu" access,
so you can remove the Windows Flag for access "StartMenu" and put instead whatever you want like a Clock.
If anyone with Sys21xxx want to try it download the cab and install it (you can uninstall it if you don't like it)
Instructions:
1.- Donwload the cab file, 2.- Install it, 3.- Reboot your phone
4.- Create a QuickLink with "StartMenu" ICON from programs
(I have put the QuickLink in the first ROW of CHT QuickLinks to easy access.)
5.- Test it.
Feedback is welcome. Anyone know how to make the ".cab" to ask for reboot device after installed????
Best Regards Sabroso

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen_StartMenu.jpg (83.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen_12.jpg (9.7 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sabroso_StartMenu_QuickLink.cab (11.8 KB, 3 views) Click for barcode!
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 05-07-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok guys so i saw that s2w came out with his theme... and some new sys's are out also.
now...
im going to modify it a little cuz im not 100% happy with it (i hope he wont mind).
plus, i was going to complete his work by making all the highlights, checkmarks and such red also... now my question to all u guys how really likes that theme and wants to see it is if u would even want to see everything in red or u would like to keep the black with the red.
its all up to u guys who really wants it, personally im not a fan of the red highlight but wanted to make it so the whole rom has a uniform theme... just like my black theme.
also... i was thinking about improving the work that gtx have done and match up all the rom to their highlights and checkmarks and such also.
i would have loved to actually release complete themes but it's not possible because a lot of the roms are packages depended not to mention vga/wvga differences.
i would love it if u guys can give me some info about what u'd like to see cuz as soon as i have time to do something im probably gonna pull of as much as i can and them i might disappear to the EVO arena... when it comes out anyways.
thanks.
Amikam, your original dark theme has been the best MikROM base for my Diamonds. Thanks again! That said, as mentioned previously, I do really like the included dark themes in vin255764's TP2 ROM builds. Plus, the work Vin, SW2, and Young DC have done with GoS2W (easy theme switch) does add some nice color choices for the S2W theme. Guess I just like the theme options available in vin's releases, as they're good bases to play around with and build off of. In turn, I'd sacrifice some main storage space to have something like that included in a Diamond ROM, if possible...

In regard to the EVO, I'm looking forward to giving it a go too. Cheers! Nonetheless, I'm still happy with WM on the Diamond and TP2, and will probably keep one of each for a while at least. On that note, have you checked out the Samsung Galaxy S yet? I think it will be a better Android phone for my tastes. This is due to it's combination of a better 1GHz processor (ARM based) and screen (Super AMOLED). Plus, it comes with 16GB's of Internal Storage as well as a microSD slot.

Anyway, I'm sure any themes you decide to include, will be sweet. Thanks again for giving the Diamond a cutting edge extended lease on life.

Best to all,
R
Old 05-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND

milkman6453 is a n00b

I prefered the solid red sliders, then the black to red/green fade. Just my opinion.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: bell

ptesmoke is a n00b

[QUOTE=amikam;1739301]thanks for the love.
have fun with sony.

hopefully i will, havent owned a sony in years, and i love HTC, but it was time for me to move on from my current provider and take a plunge into Droid, i have been using it on the diamond so i do know my way around droid a little bit anyways.

i may be porting my diamond over to telus for my roomate. if i do then i will most definetly still be following your work. kinda sucks i finally found a great diamond chef and now im switching devices :S regardless, its been fun while ive been here, again thanks for all your effort. i know im not the only geek who loves your roms cheers
Old 05-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: reliance

dentalguru is a n00b

hi there,
my congrats for a fully featured rom
I am using touch diamond cdma all is great
Ibut the phone signal strength is poorer and so the phone just heats up and then the phone heats u p and battery life is lost.
How to answer the same
thanks
other mobiles on the same operator have better strenght
thanikdin you in anticipation
bye
Old 05-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: FONEX EVDO

RoverX is a n00b

Hi! Very nice ROM.

But I have some problems:
1. Lost icon with battery status on top,

2. I swith off Sense and use classic "Today" and use lock phone. And when I have incomming call I must unlock first and then have slider to answer.
IMHO is bug.

and after

And in older versions (I used MightyROM6, very nice but have a some bugs) was silence button. Hm ... but new capabilities is great: screen down
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (23.9 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0007.jpg (13.6 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0008.jpg (34.7 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by RoverX; 05-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Arrow Re: [5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | GTX / Original / MikROM Theme]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalguru View Post
hi there .........I am using touch diamond cdma all is great , but the phone signal strength is poorer and so the phone just heats up and then the phone heats u p and battery life is lost.............other mobiles on the same operator have better strenght
Welcome DentalGuru,
OK, First I guess english it is not your native language (me too),
but anyway you need to consider this:
1.- We still can not guess what ROM you use, so it is hard to help you
2.- is you talk about reception quality and phone heat, most of the time this concern to the RADIO driver you use, your carrier and the country city where do u live. Mention this, we still don't know what you use.
3.- To be fair, You need to compare between different ROMs for the same phone device to judge. One example, IF you bought an european HTC Diamond and compare the signal strength with an US cdma HTC Diamond inside the United State of course it will be difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
Hi! Very nice ROM. But I have some problems:
1. Lost battery icon on taskbar,
2. I swith to classic "Today" and use WM locker phone. And when I have incomming call I must unlock first and then have slider to answer.
IMHO is bug.
3. in older versions (I used MightyROM6, very nice but have a some bugs) was silence button.....
Hi RoverX, Welcome
1.- Can you explain me how do you get off from battery Icon, in the past I have try do that with no success!!
2.- Classic "Today" is not something AmiKAM MikROM develops here. Maybe what you need to look for a Chef working in WM6.1 without TouchFlo/Manila/Sence and No, it is not a bug is just the way that "today" & WM Locker works, but I guess there is tweak or regedit for that, maybe.
3.- Your "Slider for answer" pic is from older version. Anyway, long ago the "Silence" option is no longer included in the recent Dialers. So, I guess you can go find that in a 9 month old ROM as the one you mention.

Last edited by Sabroso; 05-09-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: reliance

dentalguru is a n00b

Hi there
Sabroso,
Thanks so much for your Prompt response and even more so for the welcome note.
1. I am using the Rom from the first download of this thread-[5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | MikROM Theme],
2.NOw is the question of radio driver -I was using the same phone with windows 6.1 sprint version i had better reception and the PHone never heated up and therfore it used to go on for a day, now i have to charge it twice a day. Is there a more powerful battery available. so that satisfies your criteria for comparison. I would be grateful if you could pl tell me where could i find the right drivers.
3. There are other bugs also-
a. In the album view, i am unable to get back to portrait view from landscape by tilting the phone back up.
b. I dont want to connect to internet " but it keeps dialling #777 and keeps throwing up unable to connect to intrnet error....
c. Unable to drag and drop newly installed software into the folders like unable to drop Opera icon into internet folder.
d slide to shut down is not visible in all the pages/screen
e. Voice command takes the much longer to execute commands
f hardware button -back does not function effectively-
e. Installed MS transcirber but it doesnt show up where it should -Unable to open transcriber after having opened it for the very first time
thanking in anticipation
dentalguru

Last edited by dentalguru; 05-08-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverX View Post
Hi! Very nice ROM.

But I have some problems:
1. Lost icon with battery status on top,

2. I swith off Sense and use classic "Today" and use lock phone. And when I have incomming call I must unlock first and then have slider to answer.
IMHO is bug.

and after

And in older versions (I used MightyROM6, very nice but have a some bugs) was silence button. Hm ... but new capabilities is great: screen down
im gonna say sorry ahead of time cuz my reply would short and tp the point cuz i dont have much time right now.

1) u changed some settings that will show the clock instead of the batt, it didn't just go away and since that option exists, im sure thats what u did.

2)i never put on the wm6.5 lock screen cuz almost no one uses it any more.
i dont know why its causing issues with answering the phone... its a setting that u can change, im sorry but i dont remember exactly where.

3)u are talking about an older dialer that doesn't support facebook integration... although i do have that dialer somewhere in my kitchen... i really dont think it's worth it since just pushing on the vol rocker will also silence the phone when ringing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalguru View Post
Hi there
Sabroso,
Thanks so much for your Prompt response and even more so for the welcome note.
1. I am using the Rom from the first download of this thread-[5/3/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | 21903 / 23566 | MikROM Theme],
2.NOw is the question of radio driver -I was using the same phone with windows 6.1 sprint version i had better reception and the PHone never heated up and therfore it used to go on for a day, now i have to charge it twice a day. Is there a more powerful battery available. so that satisfies your criteria for comparison. I would be grateful if you could pl tell me where could i find the right drivers.
3. There are other bugs also-
a. In the album view, i am unable to get back to portrait view from landscape by tilting the phone back up.
b. I dont want to connect to internet " but it keeps dialling #777 and keeps throwing up unable to connect to intrnet error....
c. Unable to drag and drop newly installed software into the folders like unable to drop Opera icon into internet folder.
d slide to shut down is not visible in all the pages/screen
e. Voice command takes the much longer to execute commands
f hardware button -back does not function effectively-
e. Installed MS transcirber but it doesnt show up where it should -Unable to open transcriber after having opened it for the very first time
thanking in anticipation
dentalguru
again... sorry for the quick answer with not too much details.

1)thanks for liking my theme.

2)a wm6.1 rom will for sure be less demanding on batt life and such... as far as reception goes... it should be the same and probably is the radio or something else... the phone should not heat up on u like u r describing... so im not sure why that happens to u. maybe reflash and see what happens then. and btw batt life has been good to everyone using my rom as far as i know... so again brings me back to tell u that u should probably reflash.

3)a) this version of album doesn't have portrait support... if u look up more info about album version 3.2 you'll see why i use it and why its like that.(facebook reason)
b) u need to install a carrier cab or something... but probably already tells me that u might wanna update the radio version u using.
c) it should work... i dont know why u say it doesn't... again... maybe u had a bad flash.
d) im not sure where u wont see it popping up, but maybe give me an example.
e) i don't really use voice command... maybe some else can tell u how it working for them.
f) i know i had some issues with that in previous roms... but as far as i know ts working good now... i already said that u might wanna reflash before... so maybe thats why.
g) transcriber doesn't come with wm6.5.x packages... i think uniscrivbe is what u looking for... that is what is replacing transcriber in 6.5.x sys's. im not sure if i included it or not in the rom... but im almost 100% sure that the transcriber you trying won't work on a 6.5.x rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development