PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: To all those who have Sprint...be patient...

But u can get 4 tp2 free with t-mobile.lol

and u can get outta your sprint contract this month.. reg free or the 4.99 spending limit thingy.. so your cost to leave sprint 0.

then sell your 4 tp2 from print for 200 a piece and switch to the even more family plan after u pay the 200 for each line off to switch to that plan. total cost to u... zero..

so i can be done if u want to really go to t-mobile.lol

so sign up with t-mobile.. and get the even more plan,, on contract.. with 4 tp2 free
through wmdeals.com

get outta your sprint contract.. then sell your for tp2 for 200 a piece..

then use that 800 to pay the etf fees to switch to the even more plus off contract plans with t-mobile.. and bam your saving money and u didnt spend a thing...

even though that sounds like alot to do.. it can be done if your willing to do it..

thats what i did when i left t-mobile sold my 2 -tp2 for 300 a piece paid 400 to cancel

and signed back up with sprint..and used that extra 200 to be a month ahead on my bill..lol all this and i didnt pay squat for anything.lol
Old 01-13-2010, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
But u can get 4 tp2 free with t-mobile.lol

and u can get outta your sprint contract this month.. reg free or the 4.99 spending limit thingy.. so your cost to leave sprint 0.

then sell your 4 tp2 from print for 200 a piece and switch to the even more family plan after u pay the 200 for each line off to switch to that plan. total cost to u... zero..

so i can be done if u want to really go to t-mobile.lol

so sign up with t-mobile.. and get the even more plan,, on contract.. with 4 tp2 free
through wmdeals.com

get outta your sprint contract.. then sell your for tp2 for 200 a piece..

then use that 800 to pay the etf fees to switch to the even more plus off contract plans with t-mobile.. and bam your saving money and u didnt spend a thing...

even though that sounds like alot to do.. it can be done if your willing to do it..

thats what i did when i left t-mobile sold my 2 -tp2 for 300 a piece paid 400 to cancel

and signed back up with sprint..and used that extra 200 to be a month ahead on my bill..lol all this and i didnt pay squat for anything.lol
I am already out of my Sprint contract, I was all over that the second I saw it- a couple weeks ago.

I don't sell my old devices- I retire them. My old devices live on as various dedicated devices. My Sprint Touch Pro 2s will be born again as audio/video devices attached to my various machines in my weight room. Of course they will also provide access to my home server where my workout spreadsheet is stored.

I am no tinterested in getting free Touch Pro 2s on any carrier. Did you not read where I said that would be incredibly stupid to do with WM7 and Android 2.1 due out this year? I'm well aware that you can get free Touch Pro 2s on contract at T-Mobile (I'm the one who posted that info, lol) but I'm also well aware that the Touch Pro 2 will be obsolete in a few months.

I may very well go to T-Mobile. Once they turn on their new upgraded network (which should be mid 2010 at the latest) then they will have faster data than Sprint with tons of phones that use it. The only possible question I have is- who will get the hot new WM7 and Android 2.1 phones. So far T-Mobile has announced 1 of each (Nexus One and HD2) while Sprint hasn't announced jack. You can bet your bottom dollar though- if either of those phones had a keyboard I would have been gone to T-Mobile already.

I prefer the extra features GSM brings to the table (simultaneous voice and data, cell tower location, etc) as well as the ease of swapping devices by popping in a SIM card. And I don't think I even need to mention how crappy the CS is at Sprint. So the only thinkg holding me back is the phone right now. I just spent $1600 on my 4 Touch Pro 2s a couple months ago. And when I buy new devices, they better be WM7 or Android 2.1 devices that will last me a while.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-13-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

K well as far as wm 7 and android 2.1 are concerned.. it doesnt matter to me..who has the newest phones etc.. cause thats basicly a matter of taste and opinion.. same with gsm vs cdma..

And sprint cs.. is like a roll of the dice u never know what ur gonna get.. but its the same on every carrier.. just sprint was in the spotlight a few years back for bad cs etc.. last year they have vastly improved in that area alone. but again that will based people who have good vs bad exp with sprint cs...

and its not stupid to want a tp2 right now.. not everyone here follows trends or what other people do..meaning who cares!!! my hero with 1.5 still does everything i need it to. same with wm 6.5... and a tp2 or mogul are whatever wm device u still use.lol

and who cares if tmobile is getting the nexus and hd2.. what do those 2 phone do that current phones cant? outside of having a bigger screen.. i wouldnt change carriers for a phone.. sorry thats stupid in my opinion...unless your outta contract or just want to move..etc. but i wouldnt,, Sprint will get nice phones like they always have sometimes they take longer.. sometimes they dont.. the current lineup is still nice... plus what does have 30 smartphones at a time do for the customer.. creates more confusion.. for the ave joe. that is..

I agree sprint does need to catch up.. and has a few problems.. just like every other carrier.. but your constant bashing of sprint leads me to think your a sprint basher just like the sprint fanboys u claim to fighting against..not trying to help them see the light as u claim..

I gave up my little thing bout the plans. but u continue to fight on with other people now with the same battle cry against sprint.lol

granted this is a forum and u have a right to voice your opinion.. i just dont want this to turn out like it does on other forums.. peole constantly bashing this or that. just to start a fight,lol
Old 01-13-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post

Let me sum this up for you.
You can't pick and choose which rules by which to play.
If you're going to go the route of, "buy phone on e-bay," do this and that, and your cost will be cheaper, then you have to acknowledge the buyer is probably smart enough to know sprint everything referral plus exists out there, and this not even on top of discounts which could be applied for either carrier. If that's the case they come out pretty comparable, maybe even sprint comes out a margin ahead.

Secondly, you fail to mention that the sprint plan has nights and weekends beginning at 7 PM as opposed to the T-Mobile plan at 9 PM. That 2 hours make a big difference. Factor in that the sprint plan includes Free Anytime minutes to Any carrier, even at your rates of sprint being 1 or 2 dollars more expensive, that is worth the cost of the extra $1 alone.

Thirdly, activation fee - if you're going to be signing up at t-mbobile's website, I assume all things equal, you can also sign up at the sprint website and have the activation waved.

When it comes down to it, the price you're paying for a sprint plan is better than the price you're paying for a t-mobile plan.

If you want the plans to be comparable, add your nights/weekends to 7 PM. If you're going to tell me t-mobile has the pick #, that's nothing compared to anytime minutes.

Last edited by acts; 01-13-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
K well as far as wm 7 and android 2.1 are concerned.. it doesnt matter to me..who has the newest phones etc.. cause thats basicly a matter of taste and opinion.. same with gsm vs cdma..

And sprint cs.. is like a roll of the dice u never know what ur gonna get.. but its the same on every carrier.. just sprint was in the spotlight a few years back for bad cs etc.. last year they have vastly improved in that area alone. but again that will based people who have good vs bad exp with sprint cs...

and its not stupid to want a tp2 right now.. not everyone here follows trends or what other people do..meaning who cares!!! my hero with 1.5 still does everything i need it to. same with wm 6.5... and a tp2 or mogul are whatever wm device u still use.lol

and who cares if tmobile is getting the nexus and hd2.. what do those 2 phone do that current phones cant? outside of having a bigger screen.. i wouldnt change carriers for a phone.. sorry thats stupid in my opinion...unless your outta contract or just want to move..etc. but i wouldnt,, Sprint will get nice phones like they always have sometimes they take longer.. sometimes they dont.. the current lineup is still nice... plus what does have 30 smartphones at a time do for the customer.. creates more confusion.. for the ave joe. that is..

I agree sprint does need to catch up.. and has a few problems.. just like every other carrier.. but your constant bashing of sprint leads me to think your a sprint basher just like the sprint fanboys u claim to fighting against..not trying to help them see the light as u claim..

I gave up my little thing bout the plans. but u continue to fight on with other people now with the same battle cry against sprint.lol

granted this is a forum and u have a right to voice your opinion.. i just dont want this to turn out like it does on other forums.. peole constantly bashing this or that. just to start a fight,lol
#1: You may not care about having a nice phone, but I most certainly do.
#2: Sprint's CS has been consistently rated the worst in the industry for as far back as I can find records. T-Mobile has consistently been rated the best in the industry (now neck and neck with Verizon) for that same time period. There is no comparison here.
#3: It's not stupidf to want a Touch Pro 2 right now, not at all. But it is borderline retarded to buy 4 of them on another carrier when you already have 4- with WM7 and Android 2.1 due out in the next few months.
#4: I keep arguing the point because people keep bringing it up. The reason people keep bringing it up is because nobody nothered to correct the fanboys who brainwashed all this crap into their heads all this time.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
Let me sum this up for you.
You can't pick and choose which rules by which to play.
If you're going to go the route of, "buy phone on e-bay," do this and that, and your cost will be cheaper, then you have to acknowledge the buyer is probably smart enough to know sprint everything referral plus exists out there, and this not even on top of discounts which could be applied for either carrier. If that's the case they come out pretty comparable, maybe even sprint comes out a margin ahead.

Secondly, you fail to mention that the sprint plan has nights and weekends beginning at 7 PM as opposed to the T-Mobile plan at 9 PM. That 2 hours make a big difference. Factor in that the sprint plan includes Free Anytime minutes to Any carrier, even at your rates of sprint being 1 or 2 dollars more expensive, that is worth the cost of the extra $1 alone.

Thirdly, activation fee - if you're going to be signing up at t-mbobile's website, I assume all things equal, you can also sign up at the sprint website and have the activation waved.

When it comes down to it, the price you're paying for a sprint plan is better than the price you're paying for a t-mobile plan.

If you want the plans to be comparable, add your nights/weekends to 7 PM. If you're going to tell me t-mobile has the pick #, that's nothing compared to anytime minutes.
#1: No, your average joe who shops at ebay does not know about Sprints emnployee referral plan, lol. That is utterly ridiculous to suggest. Ebay is one of the most popular sites on the web- plenty of average joes shop there. Sprint's referral plan is not known by anyone outside of forums like this. Even on forums like this there are always people who didn't know about Sprint's referral plan. Take a poll and see how many people have Sprint plans that cost more than the referal plan... You are just flat out wrong there. Plenty of average joes shop at eay. Next to zero average joes know about Sprint's referral plan. The only ones that do are the ones with a friend who is not an average jope.

#2: We just compared unlimited plans. Why do I care what time nights and weekends start or any mobile anytime? LOL, nice try. T-Mobile's unlimited everything plan is $99 per month on contract, and the phone is a lot cheaper than a comparable phone at Sprint.

#3: Right- Sprint waives the activation fee at the time of purchase, and then hits you with it when you call to activate the phone. I know you deny it, but this exact scenario happened to me just a few months ago when I signed up for Sprint. No matter though, I didn't even bother to include it in the debate because T-Mobile was cheaper anyway.

#4: YOUR Sprint plan might be cheaper, but the advertised rates on T-Mobile are cheaper than the advertised rates at Sprint.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:18 PM
Almost a VIP

I do care bout having a nice phone. wth is the hero a pos! i think not..lol

Ive gone through every smart phone out on sprint.. pre. which to me still is the best os atm.. hardware not as good..

tour. tp2 hero..moment.. before diamond tp. vogue. mogul. curve.. pearl. u name it..

but still would never go to att for the iphone.. go to verizon for teh droid.. or to t-mobile for the nexus or hd2...lol granted those are nice phones. not worth it to spend more monthly.. and not have great coverage where i live..

and its not stupid to switch carriers and use the tp2 on t-mobile.. cause if u like the phone.. and like t-mobile and its all free. why not.. then when your nexus or hd2 comes out.. pay full price and get your nice phone.lol are u saying u would look bad if u do not have the latest and greatest.. cause if it all bout how u look.. then u shouldnt be using wm in the first place. u should have a iphone jailbrake it and go to t-mobile.lol i chose function over form.. and what works for me. i could care less what i look like in public. im married with 3 kids. i dont have time to impress people with what i have or look like...my girls are the most important thing to me.. lol
Old 01-13-2010, 05:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
#1: No, your average joe who shops at ebay does not know about Sprints emnployee referral plan, lol. That is utterly ridiculous to suggest. Ebay is one of the most popular sites on the web- plenty of average joes shop there. Sprint's referral plan is not known by anyone outside of forums like this. Even on forums like this there are always people who didn't know about Sprint's referral plan. Take a poll and see how many people have Sprint plans that cost more than the referal plan... You are just flat out wrong there. Plenty of average joes shop at eay. Next to zero average joes know about Sprint's referral plan. The only ones that do are the ones with a friend who is not an average jope.

#2: We just compared unlimited plans. Why do I care what time nights and weekends start or any mobile anytime? LOL, nice try. T-Mobile's unlimited everything plan is $99 per month on contract, and the phone is a lot cheaper than a comparable phone at Sprint.

#3: Right- Sprint waives the activation fee at the time of purchase, and then hits you with it when you call to activate the phone. I know you deny it, but this exact scenario happened to me just a few months ago when I signed up for Sprint. No matter though, I didn't even bother to include it in the debate because T-Mobile was cheaper anyway.

#4: YOUR Sprint plan might be cheaper, but the advertised rates on T-Mobile are cheaper than the advertised rates at Sprint.
#1 what you just stated is a matter of opinion, in which I disagree with you. about 2 months ago, my computer illiterate aunt got an e-mail about the sprint referral plus option and e-mailed a majority of family. it was basically one of those pass it on e-mails. i basically replied, yeah, i've known about it you could've just asked me. do i then take that to be the norm? no. just like i have no credentials to back up saying "oh yeah, e-bay is so big, even the average joe buy's from e-bay." because last i checked, the average joe was crowding the malls buying stuff that's marked up WAY more than what they could be buying at ebay, or online in general. i can walk around and ask most of my average joe friends and they would probably tell you they don't buy stuff on e-bay. in fact, i can do that in my office of IT personnel, and the probably would tell you the same thing. thus, I say the point is moot because you can't prove either way. you have to play by equal rules.

#2, looks to me like those prices are for the 1500 min plans, not unlimited minutes. a shared family plan with 1500 minutes, the 2 hours difference in nights/weekends and various other things I brought up are valid.

#3 that's funny, my sisters just got Pres not too long ago with 0 activation including activating the phone. so i've essentially counter-acted your argument about activation, you're right, your example is just that, a scenario.

#4 did i mention anything about my plan? i did not. i merely stated all things being equal, if you wanted comparable plans as to what's being advertised , sprint's would be cheaper.

Last edited by acts; 01-13-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

darkjje is becoming a great contributor

His customer service point is right. TMobile beats the shizzle out of Sprint in that aspect as does nearly everybody in the wireless business does. Sure we get a good rep every once in a while but on average it's better else where.

let's stop feeding the troll and agree to disagree with him :P
Sero 500
Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
I do care bout having a nice phone. wth is the hero a pos! i think not..lol

Ive gone through every smart phone out on sprint.. pre. which to me still is the best os atm.. hardware not as good..

tour. tp2 hero..moment.. before diamond tp. vogue. mogul. curve.. pearl. u name it..

but still would never go to att for the iphone.. go to verizon for teh droid.. or to t-mobile for the nexus or hd2...lol granted those are nice phones. not worth it to spend more monthly.. and not have great coverage where i live..

and its not stupid to switch carriers and use the tp2 on t-mobile.. cause if u like the phone.. and like t-mobile and its all free. why not.. then when your nexus or hd2 comes out.. pay full price and get your nice phone.lol are u saying u would look bad if u do not have the latest and greatest.. cause if it all bout how u look.. then u shouldnt be using wm in the first place. u should have a iphone jailbrake it and go to t-mobile.lol i chose function over form.. and what works for me. i could care less what i look like in public. im married with 3 kids. i dont have time to impress people with what i have or look like...my girls are the most important thing to me.. lol
Do yourself a favor and check out some videos before you rant about things you clearly have no idea about...

#1: I am not interested in the Nexus One or the HD2. As I said, i need a keyboard.
#2: Both of those phones are way faster than anything else on the market righ tnow. Go watch a few videos before you go spouting off about how they are the same thing I have now, or only caring about looks.
#3: If I wanted an iPhone, I would have had one years ago. And if T-Mobile releases a phone I want, I'll go to T-Mobile in a heartbeat.
#4: It is borderline retarded to lock yourself into 4 contracts to get 4 Touch Pro 2s when you already have 4 Touch Pro 2s. Especially when WM7 and Android 2.1 are dropping in a few months.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion