View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:11 PM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To all those who have Sprint...be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts View Post
Let me sum this up for you.
You can't pick and choose which rules by which to play.
If you're going to go the route of, "buy phone on e-bay," do this and that, and your cost will be cheaper, then you have to acknowledge the buyer is probably smart enough to know sprint everything referral plus exists out there, and this not even on top of discounts which could be applied for either carrier. If that's the case they come out pretty comparable, maybe even sprint comes out a margin ahead.

Secondly, you fail to mention that the sprint plan has nights and weekends beginning at 7 PM as opposed to the T-Mobile plan at 9 PM. That 2 hours make a big difference. Factor in that the sprint plan includes Free Anytime minutes to Any carrier, even at your rates of sprint being 1 or 2 dollars more expensive, that is worth the cost of the extra $1 alone.

Thirdly, activation fee - if you're going to be signing up at t-mbobile's website, I assume all things equal, you can also sign up at the sprint website and have the activation waved.

When it comes down to it, the price you're paying for a sprint plan is better than the price you're paying for a t-mobile plan.

If you want the plans to be comparable, add your nights/weekends to 7 PM. If you're going to tell me t-mobile has the pick #, that's nothing compared to anytime minutes.
#1: No, your average joe who shops at ebay does not know about Sprints emnployee referral plan, lol. That is utterly ridiculous to suggest. Ebay is one of the most popular sites on the web- plenty of average joes shop there. Sprint's referral plan is not known by anyone outside of forums like this. Even on forums like this there are always people who didn't know about Sprint's referral plan. Take a poll and see how many people have Sprint plans that cost more than the referal plan... You are just flat out wrong there. Plenty of average joes shop at eay. Next to zero average joes know about Sprint's referral plan. The only ones that do are the ones with a friend who is not an average jope.

#2: We just compared unlimited plans. Why do I care what time nights and weekends start or any mobile anytime? LOL, nice try. T-Mobile's unlimited everything plan is $99 per month on contract, and the phone is a lot cheaper than a comparable phone at Sprint.

#3: Right- Sprint waives the activation fee at the time of purchase, and then hits you with it when you call to activate the phone. I know you deny it, but this exact scenario happened to me just a few months ago when I signed up for Sprint. No matter though, I didn't even bother to include it in the debate because T-Mobile was cheaper anyway.

#4: YOUR Sprint plan might be cheaper, but the advertised rates on T-Mobile are cheaper than the advertised rates at Sprint.