View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 05:35 PM
acts
PPCGeeks Regular

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: To all those who have Sprint...be patient...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
#1: No, your average joe who shops at ebay does not know about Sprints emnployee referral plan, lol. That is utterly ridiculous to suggest. Ebay is one of the most popular sites on the web- plenty of average joes shop there. Sprint's referral plan is not known by anyone outside of forums like this. Even on forums like this there are always people who didn't know about Sprint's referral plan. Take a poll and see how many people have Sprint plans that cost more than the referal plan... You are just flat out wrong there. Plenty of average joes shop at eay. Next to zero average joes know about Sprint's referral plan. The only ones that do are the ones with a friend who is not an average jope.

#2: We just compared unlimited plans. Why do I care what time nights and weekends start or any mobile anytime? LOL, nice try. T-Mobile's unlimited everything plan is $99 per month on contract, and the phone is a lot cheaper than a comparable phone at Sprint.

#3: Right- Sprint waives the activation fee at the time of purchase, and then hits you with it when you call to activate the phone. I know you deny it, but this exact scenario happened to me just a few months ago when I signed up for Sprint. No matter though, I didn't even bother to include it in the debate because T-Mobile was cheaper anyway.

#4: YOUR Sprint plan might be cheaper, but the advertised rates on T-Mobile are cheaper than the advertised rates at Sprint.
#1 what you just stated is a matter of opinion, in which I disagree with you. about 2 months ago, my computer illiterate aunt got an e-mail about the sprint referral plus option and e-mailed a majority of family. it was basically one of those pass it on e-mails. i basically replied, yeah, i've known about it you could've just asked me. do i then take that to be the norm? no. just like i have no credentials to back up saying "oh yeah, e-bay is so big, even the average joe buy's from e-bay." because last i checked, the average joe was crowding the malls buying stuff that's marked up WAY more than what they could be buying at ebay, or online in general. i can walk around and ask most of my average joe friends and they would probably tell you they don't buy stuff on e-bay. in fact, i can do that in my office of IT personnel, and the probably would tell you the same thing. thus, I say the point is moot because you can't prove either way. you have to play by equal rules.

#2, looks to me like those prices are for the 1500 min plans, not unlimited minutes. a shared family plan with 1500 minutes, the 2 hours difference in nights/weekends and various other things I brought up are valid.

#3 that's funny, my sisters just got Pres not too long ago with 0 activation including activating the phone. so i've essentially counter-acted your argument about activation, you're right, your example is just that, a scenario.

#4 did i mention anything about my plan? i did not. i merely stated all things being equal, if you wanted comparable plans as to what's being advertised , sprint's would be cheaper.

Last edited by acts; 01-13-2010 at 05:40 PM.