PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.19 3d package with better performance for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
I have tried the default one that came with FRX03 but wasn't get good results. Besides that, I'm only using the zImage and modules posted by tiad8.

For those who tried my all-in-one package, does it work? How's the performance? Mine is running as smoothly as tiad8's video. If you notice, I don't have any of the drivers (*.so) or other extra files in the folder because they have been updated in system.ext2.
I got 606 and 29 fps with your exact setup not using an andboot folder on my sdcard. I replaced the kernel with the newer one from yesterday and will test out after I recharge and do the battery trick tiad8 posted. Thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 02:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmv213 View Post
I got 606 and 29 fps with your exact setup not using an andboot folder on my sdcard. I replaced the kernel with the newer one from yesterday and will test out after I recharge and do the battery trick tiad8 posted. Thanks
great job man. that's IMPRESSIVE

thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwebmonkey View Post
As a developer I have never heard of I/O time being shorter/longer based on whether a file is in a subfolder or not... it takes just as long to access the file regardless of where it is in your folder structure.
IO performance is depends on file system type and also depth of the access path, if you can make benchmark by create a structured of directories with much depth level and try to access files/folders inside it you can see the significant performance affected by depth level. And another reason is: android is running completely on SDCard, so all the IO is affected by SDCard performance. By the way even with one level depth of directory can take a lots timeout for much of IO units, if you are *nix family you can use command: "iostat" to see how much block of read/write performed in runtime. As my experience, it usually reach thousands of IO units when system load is in high.

Another case is, depends on status of your SDCard, I have re-format my SDCard after some crash (randomly reboot) of android. I have checked it status by fsck on linux or checkdsk on windows, and it always report that my SDCard has some directories corrupted, most directory is "andboot" and file data.img was corrupted also. Because of SDCard is in FAT32 and data.img, system.ext2 are mounted as RW and in same FS: EXT2, all of them not have any journaled features, so data will be corrupt each time OS crashed, Kernel panic .... these reasons can make it slower than first time you format your SDCard and do a fresh install of xdandroid.

Finally, IMO with newly re-formated SDCard IO performance will not seen too much difference between to version of directory structure, anyways, we need to take more test to see whats things has make it diff!

Just for sharing my very little knowledge

Best regard!
Uoc Nguyen
Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

ryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularryanmv213 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I have tried the default one that came with FRX03 but wasn't get good results. Besides that, I'm only using the zImage and modules posted by tiad8.

For those who tried my all-in-one package, does it work? How's the performance? Mine is running as smoothly as tiad8's video. If you notice, I don't have any of the drivers (*.so) or other extra files in the folder because they have been updated in system.ext2.
Which driver did you use when you built this package, 11.26 or 11.29? Your package game me 606 in Quadrant out of the box not changing anything. I tried testing yesterday's kernel commit #1239 but it dropped the score to 550 and xdadroid and launcherpro became unstable. I have now tried your package removing the OC and changing sleep to 1 in your startup and got an average score of 529 (3 tests 450-550).

(posted by tiad8 in his xda thread on the same topic) Yeah you can use different kernel. 11.26 driver doesn't like the new kernels. 11.29 likes all the new kernels. Im using 11.26 for now. It works the best for me. But you can try different combinations.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

hi, guys important

viruscrazy xda dev getting close to get camera working

he needs testers. check it out. this is great

THANKS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=10019495&postcount=1
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon TP2 CDMA XV6875 (RHOD500) - O2 XDA IIs
Carrier: VN Mobifone (GSM, 3G)

tiger2wander is keeping up the good worktiger2wander is keeping up the good work

Great news, tiad8

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Tiad, any chance you can clean up the first post so we can easily find the various files? I seriously can't determine exactly which files are which since the dates modified don't line up with the dates you are listing on the pages.

If you could, could you upload each file individually to the first post with a date prefixed like this?:

2010.11.26-gralloc.msm7k.so
2010.11.29-gralloc.msm7k.so

2010.12.18-libGLES_qcom.so
2010.12.19-libGLES_qcom.so

The major advantage to attaching them to the post is that people don't have to wait to download or unzip anything. Please let me know if you have troubles attaching to the first post and I can provide you with hosting that won't make people wait to download.

Thanks!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by natemcnutty View Post
Tiad, any chance you can clean up the first post so we can easily find the various files? I seriously can't determine exactly which files are which since the dates modified don't line up with the dates you are listing on the pages.

If you could, could you upload each file individually to the first post with a date prefixed like this?:

2010.11.26-gralloc.msm7k.so
2010.11.29-gralloc.msm7k.so

2010.12.18-libGLES_qcom.so
2010.12.19-libGLES_qcom.so

The major advantage to attaching them to the post is that people don't have to wait to download or unzip anything. Please let me know if you have troubles attaching to the first post and I can provide you with hosting that won't make people wait to download.

Thanks!
done. thanks
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiad8 View Post
done. thanks
Awesome! Much better, you rock
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Runamok81 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

ndno,

Thoroughly impressed with your all in one build with updated graphics.
You made it so easy that this lurker took the plunge.

Response is smooth. Similar/Faster than clean stripped install of WinMo.
I'm going to probably use this full time! Everybody, if you haven't yet, you need to try it and test it!

For those interested, I have a Sprint TP2, WM6.5 stock rom
cleaned up w/ GoodThings2Life tweaks. I have a dirty 4 Gig Class 6 SD card is filled with junk, and has not been formatted for awhile. I gave ndno's all-in-one zip file a shot...

I downloaded http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12488850/andboot.7z

Unzipped it, and then *mistake* put the andboot folder on the root of my SD card. This worked, but Android sleep mode causes a soft rest into WinMo. I reread the instruction and extracted the contents of the folder to the root of my SD card. Now, I was good to go!

First boot, took awhile as expected. Once in Android, sleep worked, and phone worked, but data connection did not. Reboot. On second boot data worked. However, phone was ultra sluggish, crippled even. For some reason, I made a phone call which seemed to pull the phone out of it's funk. This may work for you if you experience sluggishness.

I downloaded Neocore and Quadrant for free from the Android market place.

Quadrant AVG Score 610
Neocore AVG score 19.1FPS

Phone is totally usable, and I'm stoked imagining all the cool up-to-date apps available!

Thanks to ACL, Tiad, etc.. and thanks ndno!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2