PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

lionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlionedas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.19 3d package with better performance for testing

OK guys I actualy have this booting but I get no 3g data,
signal bars are there I have about 4, they are not xed out.
my sim card is not installed, im on sprint, with this in my startup txt

set ramsize 0x10000000
set ramaddr 0x10000000
set mtype 2292
set cmdline "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init rootwait rw rootdelay=3 lcd.density=240 msmts_calib=0x9f.0x39a.0x35c.0x78 msmvkeyb_toggle=off pmem.extra=1 gsensor_axis=2,1,3 force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"
boot

Never mind had to enter the settings manually!

Last edited by lionedas; 12-23-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: windows 7
Carrier: SPRINT HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

tiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the communitytiad8 is a trusted member of the community

Merry Christmas Guys. God bless all of you. Thanks
Old 12-25-2010, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Blackstone
Carrier: Orange

moharu is a n00b

For those who tried my all-in-one package, does it work? How's the performance? Mine is running as smoothly as tiad8's video. If you notice, I don't have any of the drivers (*.so) or other extra files in the folder because they have been updated in system.ext2.

the links dont work anymore
so i havent tried yet
is there any chance of uploading it again
(megaupload if u can)

Edit:
the links now works
thanks i am going to test it out with my htc blackstone wish me luck

Last edited by moharu; 12-26-2010 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 12-25-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

darylrue is a n00b

I did a fresh clear storage and load of spring lovers rom 6.5. Also tried mighty rom and stock roms.

I downloaded 11-22 build haret, installed to storage card, replaced conf file(12-23), copied 3 files(libgles 12-20, gralloc 11-30, buildprop 12-1 to root of sd card. First boot selected rhod400 and no other options. Result was a slow load as expected then a auto reboot to windows os.

Then I tried selecting hw3d, n.american dial, 700mhz overclock, force cdma and it is taking like 20 minutes and still loading. It went into a loop and no options will get me out of it currently. I tried various posted startup.txt files here. Still boot looping says 24 bytes then cycles through about 15 lines of code and repeats.

I just want to be able to keep android up for several days without the vibrate and reboot all the time. Should that not be possible?

Can someone with a sprint tp2 post exactly how they are working (6.5 rom, 11-22 download, os file date 12-23 in root, other two files, conf file from first page replaced, boot with manual startup.txt) that may make this work without rebooting or is that expected? I was excited to read about stability in first post so I thought I would give another try.

I would love to be able to never boot windows mobile again but I need SOME stability and reliability. I even tried formatting SD card and just running the 1122 build and nothing else and I get nothing but unstability. On a unrelated note, should the keyboard light be able to work? Would be the major item for core functioning in dark... Other than that I can live without the other stuff. All this because no one has an app for multiple exchange accounts.

Thanks is advance for any advice on this matter.

Daryl

Last edited by darylrue; 12-26-2010 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Blackstone
Carrier: Orange

moharu is a n00b

i tried the all in one package
i changed the startup to fit with my blackstone
i tried more than 5 times to boot android
it vibrates twice then it reboot to windows mobile
can some one help me :'(
Old 12-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by moharu View Post
i tried the all in one package
i changed the startup to fit with my blackstone
i tried more than 5 times to boot android
it vibrates twice then it reboot to windows mobile
can some one help me :'(
If you have any Over clock settings in your startup.txt file remove them and try again.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

darylrue is a n00b

I changed my storage card to slower class 6 kingston and many of my problems go away. I am not going to be playing games, just want solid performance and reliability. Will do some remote tv viewing from HAVA. Will this update help me?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
I did a fresh clear storage and load of spring lovers rom 6.5. Also tried mighty rom and stock roms.

I downloaded 11-22 build haret, installed to storage card, replaced conf file(12-23), copied 3 files(libgles 12-20, gralloc 11-30, buildprop 12-1 to root of sd card. First boot selected rhod400 and no other options. Result was a slow load as expected then a auto reboot to windows os.

Then I tried selecting hw3d, n.american dial, 700mhz overclock, force cdma and it is taking like 20 minutes and still loading. It went into a loop and no options will get me out of it currently. I tried various posted startup.txt files here. Still boot looping says 24 bytes then cycles through about 15 lines of code and repeats.

I just want to be able to keep android up for several days without the vibrate and reboot all the time. Should that not be possible?

Can someone with a sprint tp2 post exactly how they are working (6.5 rom, 11-22 download, os file date 12-23 in root, other two files, conf file from first page replaced, boot with manual startup.txt) that may make this work without rebooting or is that expected? I was excited to read about stability in first post so I thought I would give another try.

I would love to be able to never boot windows mobile again but I need SOME stability and reliability. I even tried formatting SD card and just running the 1122 build and nothing else and I get nothing but unstability. On a unrelated note, should the keyboard light be able to work? Would be the major item for core functioning in dark... Other than that I can live without the other stuff. All this because no one has an app for multiple exchange accounts.
Android isn't yet even close to being considered "stable" on our phones, so if you're expecting that just stop right now. This is for testing, for fun... not meant to replace WinMo.

Second, don't use the startup utility. It usually creates more problems then it solves... Post your startup.txt, probably needs pruning.

With that said, GlemSom's autobuild site has a fairly updated kernel. However, it is getting behind because his autobuild service is down... so if you want the newest of the new, you'll have to grab it from the testing threads.

Either way, you should be able to at least boot. Just keep in mind this thread and many others are more for 'power-users' - as-in, it's a little tricky what you have to do to get it up and running. Probably best to stick to the bundle packages until all this stuff gets committed.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 running XDANDROID full time
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

skyguy04 is just getting started

It is a little tricky, but it's fun to see the progress. I agree with Arrrgghhh, these developments in the "test threads" are for testing and/or playing only. The most stable versions are committed.

That being said... I think a lot of people are trying out the test stuff though because the commits are getting behind. Tiad has made some HUGE progress in a short period of time. Can't blame people for wanting to jump on board
Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Don't use the Utility app to boot android. Run Haret and take the N. Am dialing option off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2