Runamok81
Lurker

Runamok81 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 12.19 3d package with better performance for testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndno View Post
I have tried the default one that came with FRX03 but wasn't get good results. Besides that, I'm only using the zImage and modules posted by tiad8.

For those who tried my all-in-one package, does it work? How's the performance? Mine is running as smoothly as tiad8's video. If you notice, I don't have any of the drivers (*.so) or other extra files in the folder because they have been updated in system.ext2.
ndno,

Thoroughly impressed with your all in one build with updated graphics.
You made it so easy that this lurker took the plunge.

Response is smooth. Similar/Faster than clean stripped install of WinMo.
I'm going to probably use this full time! Everybody, if you haven't yet, you need to try it and test it!

For those interested, I have a Sprint TP2, WM6.5 stock rom
cleaned up w/ GoodThings2Life tweaks. I have a dirty 4 Gig Class 6 SD card is filled with junk, and has not been formatted for awhile. I gave ndno's all-in-one zip file a shot...

I downloaded http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12488850/andboot.7z

Unzipped it, and then *mistake* put the andboot folder on the root of my SD card. This worked, but Android sleep mode causes a soft rest into WinMo. I reread the instruction and extracted the contents of the folder to the root of my SD card. Now, I was good to go!

First boot, took awhile as expected. Once in Android, sleep worked, and phone worked, but data connection did not. Reboot. On second boot data worked. However, phone was ultra sluggish, crippled even. For some reason, I made a phone call which seemed to pull the phone out of it's funk. This may work for you if you experience sluggishness.

I downloaded Neocore and Quadrant for free from the Android market place.

Quadrant AVG Score 610
Neocore AVG score 19.1FPS

Phone is totally usable, and I'm stoked imagining all the cool up-to-date apps available!

Thanks to ACL, Tiad, etc.. and thanks ndno!