PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:16 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
AHh man there is a nasty bug in there as we speak. Some a*hole didnt put braces somewhere.

i have the basic 11 pin recognition in place but no sound routing yet. That will most likely come before the 35mm. I was hoping i wouldnt have to come in to work cuz of the snow but go figure, they plowed the streets this time

are you all setup on the dev ml ?

This is the line missing braces.

arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp5/audio_out.c - linux-msm in Linux on Qualcomm's MSM - Gitorious
Ha, I'm sure you'll fix it. Keep pluggin along man, let me know if I can help. Still haven't found my extUSB plug, but it seems like you've got that covered.

Sucks about the snow, I saw on the news - east coast is getting hammered again!

I was looking at the mailing list, not sure if I should join it or not... I'm already on the dev list for the bugtracker, that I can handle. Not sure I'll be able to keep up with/understand the dev list
Old 01-13-2011, 04:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Well i'm writing this now listening to some pandora off the headset. So i got the basic 11 pin to work. The 3.5mm will take a little more work but since the sound routing is all set then it should be so difficult.

I'm not gonna bother testing, i will just commit this. :-p .. i have to be at work in a few hours
Old 01-13-2011, 10:11 AM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Well i'm writing this now listening to some pandora off the headset. So i got the basic 11 pin to work. The 3.5mm will take a little more work but since the sound routing is all set then it should be so difficult.

I'm not gonna bother testing, i will just commit this. :-p .. i have to be at work in a few hours
Great news dude! Let me know if I can be of any assistance on 3.5mm... that's the one I really want
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You guys know that you rock, right?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I have a 3.5 mm headset with a single button on it. I just booted into WinMo and I'm able to activate various functions depending on the context. It will answer calls, hang up calls if I long hold, switch lines if I click. It will pause music and activate voice command if held, and redial the last number if double clicked.

Interestingly, when I plug in my Diamond's extUSB dongle, and then plug in my 3.5mm, the button ceases to function. However, I can confirm that I can in fact have two headphones plugged in simultaneously and both will play.

Updated: Without any boot tricks, 3.5 mm jack on phone is not detected at all, and there is no reaction to headphone insertion or removal.

However, extUSB actually does cause some reactions. Plugging in the extUSB adapter has no immediate effect, but if 3.5mm headphones are plugged into it, there seem to be two possible outcomes, and I'm not able to readily figure out the conditions that cause each. (1) While the Android player continues to play, no sound is heard anywhere, (2) music on the speakerphone continues at a barely audible level, even at max volume, and will be covered by a quiet crackling static.

On disconnect of the headphones or the extUSB, Android detects this and pauses any playing music. If any attempt is made to play music again before giving Android some time off (maybe around 5-10 secs) to recover, no sound, not even crackling quiet sound, is played anywhere. If Android has enough time off with the music paused, it will resume playing from the speakerphone.
Since you are the only person who i know who has the usb to 3.5 dongle, can you test now with the latest kernel? We are able to recognize the oem 11pin but im wondering if the converter works. If it does, then ill move to the 3.5mm external port
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Since you are the only person who i know who has the usb to 3.5 dongle, can you test now with the latest kernel? We are able to recognize the oem 11pin but im wondering if the converter works. If it does, then ill move to the 3.5mm external port
I also have the USB to 3.5 dongle. Where do I download the latest zimage and modules files? And do I have to make any changes to my startup.txt?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I also have the USB to 3.5 dongle. Where do I download the latest zimage and modules files? And do I have to make any changes to my startup.txt?
Available here. Shouldn't need any startup changes, other than may be
Code:
snd.force_headset=1
Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

i dont think i passed any params down. We dont pass anything on nand so im assuming it works without em.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
I made no changes to startup.txt.

I can confirm that with the USB to 3.5mm dongle, it is working (mostly) properly.

Begin playing a song, and plug in the headset to the dongle, and seamlessly it switches to the headset.

On unplug while playing a song, it will pause. On hitting play, I still get the silence unless it has had enough time to rest.

On incoming call, music will pause. Both sound and microphone on call are properly carried. On hangup, music resumes playing flawlessly.

Button has no effect with music or call (same as Windows Mobile when using USB adapter).

Not sure if it's related, since there's always so much going on, but my phone doesn't seem to be sleeping into green from orange LED. Could always be something else than the new kernel though, since I didn't do a new data.img. I do have GPS turned off, but the issue may have crept in when I was messing around with the camera test kernels. Anyone else trying the new kernel able to chime in on whether their phone is sleeping?

Last edited by manekineko; 01-13-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Just a quick update, just tested my extUSB adapter with a 2.5mm headset (it also has a hole for that) and it works with the exact same results, i.e. sound and mic work, buttons do not, insert and removal detected.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2