PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
So you think this would be a valid way to listen to music on a headset aux in? or are you saying it wouldnt be good.
It might take me a while to come up with my headphone jack.
I wouldn't recommend it, but if there's a workaround and you're happy with it then by all means. I don't use it, but I'll let you make that decision
Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Sup fellas... I have a few questions about the headset. I started attacking the headset code and the intended functionality is confusing me. Maybe someone can answer a few questions for me.

So the Rhod has 2 ports (the 11pin and the 3.5mm). Now is the 3.5 mm able to carry commands back to the phone. What i mean is if i get one of those fancy ones that have play, forward, back end call and mic.. will it work?

Also im assuming the 11pin is able to do more rite? Looks like the oem one had a microphone and was able to end a call.

Now is the tricky question. What about those 11pin to headphone converters. Do they work ? I guess then in theory we can have 2 headphone jacks then.

unfortunately all i have is a headphone to test with. I'm trying to get my hands on the oem 11pin but im not sure if its even for this phone.

Also for those of you who have these accessories, how do they currently work with the kernel ..

merci !!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Sup fellas... I have a few questions about the headset. I started attacking the headset code and the intended functionality is confusing me. Maybe someone can answer a few questions for me.

So the Rhod has 2 ports (the 11pin and the 3.5mm). Now is the 3.5 mm able to carry commands back to the phone. What i mean is if i get one of those fancy ones that have play, forward, back end call and mic.. will it work?

Also im assuming the 11pin is able to do more rite? Looks like the oem one had a microphone and was able to end a call.

Now is the tricky question. What about those 11pin to headphone converters. Do they work ? I guess then in theory we can have 2 headphone jacks then.

unfortunately all i have is a headphone to test with. I'm trying to get my hands on the oem 11pin but im not sure if its even for this phone.

Also for those of you who have these accessories, how do they currently work with the kernel ..

merci !!
If I havn't already thrown it away I will mail it to you for free. Ill even pay for the postage.

Just Pm me your address (if your in the US) and Ill look for it tonight. Ill pm you if I found it or not.

Thanks ACL for your hardwork

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:49 AM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
If I havn't already thrown it away I will mail it to you for free. Ill even pay for the postage.

Just Pm me your address (if your in the US) and Ill look for it tonight. Ill pm you if I found it or not.

Thanks ACL for your hardwork
I just got my hands on the 11pin. Seems to just have a button so no fancy play, stop and all that crap. So if thats if what you were planning to send, then there is no need. Thanks for the offer ..

Now i just need the rest of my questions answered. Any serious users around?
Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Now i just need the rest of my questions answered. Any serious users around?
It's funny, I have my extUSB plug from my old RAPH, never even tried it in my RHOD...

I'll try to find it tonight, I'm pretty sure it's lying around somewheres. I know how the 3.5mm jack functions in Android (not at all, without that call vm trick ) but I have no clue how the extUSB plug works... I'll let you know if I do manage to find it tonight, now I'm curious!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
I have a 3.5 mm headset with a single button on it. I just booted into WinMo and I'm able to activate various functions depending on the context. It will answer calls, hang up calls if I long hold, switch lines if I click. It will pause music and activate voice command if held, and redial the last number if double clicked.

Quote:
Interestingly, when I plug in my Diamond's extUSB dongle, and then plug in my 3.5mm, the button ceases to function. However, I can confirm that I can in fact have two headphones plugged in simultaneously and both will play.

Quote:
Updated: Without any boot tricks, 3.5 mm jack on phone is not detected at all, and there is no reaction to headphone insertion or removal.

However, extUSB actually does cause some reactions. Plugging in the extUSB adapter has no immediate effect, but if 3.5mm headphones are plugged into it, there seem to be two possible outcomes, and I'm not able to readily figure out the conditions that cause each. (1) While the Android player continues to play, no sound is heard anywhere, (2) music on the speakerphone continues at a barely audible level, even at max volume, and will be covered by a quiet crackling static.

On disconnect of the headphones or the extUSB, Android detects this and pauses any playing music. If any attempt is made to play music again before giving Android some time off (maybe around 5-10 secs) to recover, no sound, not even crackling quiet sound, is played anywhere. If Android has enough time off with the music paused, it will resume playing from the speakerphone.

Last edited by manekineko; 01-11-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I have a 3.5 mm headset with a single button on it. I just booted into WinMo and I'm able to activate various functions depending on the context. It will answer calls, hang up calls if I long hold, switch lines if I click. It will pause music and activate voice command if held, and redial the last number if double clicked.

Interestingly, when I plug in my Diamond's extUSB dongle, and then plug in my 3.5mm, the button ceases to function. However, I can confirm that I can in fact have two headphones plugged in simultaneously and both will play.

Updated: Without any boot tricks, 3.5 mm jack on phone is not detected at all, and there is no reaction to headphone insertion or removal.

However, extUSB actually does cause some reactions. Plugging in the extUSB adapter has no immediate effect, but if 3.5mm headphones are plugged into it, there seem to be two possible outcomes, and I'm not able to readily figure out the conditions that cause each. (1) While the Android player continues to play, no sound is heard anywhere, (2) music on the speakerphone continues at a barely audible level, even at max volume, and will be covered by a quiet crackling static.

On disconnect of the headphones or the extUSB, Android detects this and pauses any playing music. If any attempt is made to play music again before giving Android some time off (maybe around 5-10 secs) to recover, no sound, not even crackling quiet sound, is played anywhere. If Android has enough time off with the music paused, it will resume playing from the speakerphone.
Thanks a lot dood. This helps a great deal. I experienced the same and i wanted to verify i wasn't on crack. So this sounds like a sound routing issue because one time i noticed when i plugged in the 11pin, all sound was routed to the phone front speaker.

I'm narrowing the 3.5mm now, so hopefully i have something to test soon.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot dood. This helps a great deal. I experienced the same and i wanted to verify i wasn't on crack. So this sounds like a sound routing issue because one time i noticed when i plugged in the 11pin, all sound was routed to the phone front speaker.

Thats great news! keep it up ACL
Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Testing Extraordinaire

Quote:

Hell yes, that's what I like to hear!
Old 01-12-2011, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
Hell yes, that's what I like to hear!
AHh man there is a nasty bug in there as we speak. Some a*hole didnt put braces somewhere.

i have the basic 11 pin recognition in place but no sound routing yet. That will most likely come before the 35mm. I was hoping i wouldnt have to come in to work cuz of the snow but go figure, they plowed the streets this time

are you all setup on the dev ml ?

This is the line missing braces.

http://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualco..._out.c#line274

Last edited by [ACL]; 01-12-2011 at 12:08 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2