View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
[ACL]
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I have a 3.5 mm headset with a single button on it. I just booted into WinMo and I'm able to activate various functions depending on the context. It will answer calls, hang up calls if I long hold, switch lines if I click. It will pause music and activate voice command if held, and redial the last number if double clicked.

Interestingly, when I plug in my Diamond's extUSB dongle, and then plug in my 3.5mm, the button ceases to function. However, I can confirm that I can in fact have two headphones plugged in simultaneously and both will play.

Updated: Without any boot tricks, 3.5 mm jack on phone is not detected at all, and there is no reaction to headphone insertion or removal.

However, extUSB actually does cause some reactions. Plugging in the extUSB adapter has no immediate effect, but if 3.5mm headphones are plugged into it, there seem to be two possible outcomes, and I'm not able to readily figure out the conditions that cause each. (1) While the Android player continues to play, no sound is heard anywhere, (2) music on the speakerphone continues at a barely audible level, even at max volume, and will be covered by a quiet crackling static.

On disconnect of the headphones or the extUSB, Android detects this and pauses any playing music. If any attempt is made to play music again before giving Android some time off (maybe around 5-10 secs) to recover, no sound, not even crackling quiet sound, is played anywhere. If Android has enough time off with the music paused, it will resume playing from the speakerphone.
Since you are the only person who i know who has the usb to 3.5 dongle, can you test now with the latest kernel? We are able to recognize the oem 11pin but im wondering if the converter works. If it does, then ill move to the 3.5mm external port