PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 02:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: Sprint

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
I made no changes to startup.txt.

I can confirm that with the USB to 3.5mm dongle, it is working (mostly) properly.

Begin playing a song, and plug in the headset to the dongle, and seamlessly it switches to the headset.

On unplug while playing a song, it will pause. On hitting play, I still get the silence unless it has had enough time to rest.

On incoming call, music will pause. Both sound and microphone on call are properly carried. On hangup, music resumes playing flawlessly.

Button has no effect with music or call (same as Windows Mobile when using USB adapter).
?
Ok, so i will need to put some sort of delay to make sure the "time to rest" is fixed. The pause itself i cant stop, thats a userland thing and im not even sure how that works.

Ok, so the button is useless on the 3.5 internal which is expected since wince doesnt respond as well (correct ?).

Thanks, i'll hopefully get a test for the 3.5 external jack.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
Ok, so i will need to put some sort of delay to make sure the "time to rest" is fixed. The pause itself i cant stop, thats a userland thing and im not even sure how that works.

Ok, so the button is useless on the 3.5 internal which is expected since wince doesnt respond as well (correct ?).

Thanks, i'll hopefully get a test for the 3.5 external jack.
The pause is intended functionality in the userland I'm pretty sure. It's a feature, not a bug.

If by internal you mean on the extUSB dongle, then yes, the button being useless is expected since WinCE doesn't respond as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
The pause is intended functionality in the userland I'm pretty sure. It's a feature, not a bug.

If by internal you mean on the extUSB dongle, then yes, the button being useless is expected since WinCE doesn't respond as well.
I think he's asking if the button is useless (in WinMo) when plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack - no extUSB involved.

Oh, and I agree on the pause thing being a feature not a bug
Old 01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community[ACL] is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Ok, then im leaving this alone after adding the delay. Looks like this portion is done.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Unofficial known issues list - 1/13 Headset thru USB adapter now working

In WinMo, the button does have function when it's plugged directly into the 3.5mm - you can pause/unpause a song, pick up/hang up a call, and long press will let you go straight to voice command. I believe it even allowed me to advance to the next song in Pandora (but I'm not 100% certain on that...it's been so long since I've relied on WinMo!)
Old 01-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I think he's asking if the button is useless (in WinMo) when plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack - no extUSB involved.
If that's the case, then the answer is that the button does work when plugged directly into the 3.5mm jack on my Rhod400 in Windows Mobile. It does not work when plugged into the extUSB adapter's 3.5mm jack.

Here's my earlier description of this:
Quote:
I have a 3.5 mm headset with a single button on it. I just booted into WinMo and I'm able to activate various functions depending on the context. It will answer calls, hang up calls if I long hold, switch lines if I click. It will pause music and activate voice command if held, and redial the last number if double clicked.

Interestingly, when I plug in my Diamond's extUSB dongle, and then plug in my 3.5mm, the button ceases to function. However, I can confirm that I can in fact have two headphones plugged in simultaneously and both will play.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Ok.. lets ignore the 3.5mm external for 2 minutes. I dont care about that one right now since we have 0 lines of code for it. I just want to get the 11pin all straightened out before i move away from that project.

With that said, in winmo if we use the 11pin with the 3.5mm dongle the button does nothing. If so, then i'm just going to work on the delay and consider that portion done.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Ah, my mistake. Sorry for the confusion [ACL] and manekineko - you had it right!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ACL] View Post
With that said, in winmo if we use the 11pin with the 3.5mm dongle the button does nothing. If so, then i'm just going to work on the delay and consider that portion done.
Yes, consider it done, but for the delay.

What exactly is the delay remedy you have in mind? Are you planning on hard-coding a delay on recognizing physical headphone removal? If that's the case, you'll also be delaying the pausing of the music, which seems like a cure worse than the illness.

If anything, it seems like there is some bug in the sound routing rather than a delay that needs to be added. I just tested it a bit more, and when it's playing with no sound in the post-removal-of-headset-without-enough-rest period, if you plugin a headset sometimes it will recognize it and start playing through the headset, which isn't too surprising.

Interestingly, though, sometimes you can plug in the headset during that period and have no sound from anywhere, not from the speaker and not from the headset either, so it is NOT the case that it was stuck still routing sound to the headset, instead it seems to just be routing the sound to nowhere as best as I can tell.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes, consider it done, but for the delay.

What exactly is the delay remedy you have in mind? Are you planning on hard-coding a delay on recognizing physical headphone removal? If that's the case, you'll also be delaying the pausing of the music, which seems like a cure worse than the illness.

If anything, it seems like there is some bug in the sound routing rather than a delay that needs to be added. I just tested it a bit more, and when it's playing with no sound in the post-removal-of-headset-without-enough-rest period, if you plugin a headset sometimes it will recognize it and start playing through the headset, which isn't too surprising.

Interestingly, though, sometimes you can plug in the headset during that period and have no sound from anywhere, not from the speaker and not from the headset either, so it is NOT the case that it was stuck still routing sound to the headset, instead it seems to just be routing the sound to nowhere as best as I can tell.
Well the delay wold be when the headphone amp is being powered down. I'll have to double check the disassembled code but it may be required. Anytime you power stuff up and down some sleep may be needed:-p

Oo i didnt experince the no where sound yet. You are using pandora as a simple test? i'll have to look at that. I did notice on nand the sound gets routed back to the ear piece so there is some fine tuning to do.

Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2