PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

natemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPnatemcnutty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Unofficial known issues list 12/25

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylrue View Post
also class 10 memory card reported by me and one other person is extremely unstable.

is nand more stable than dual boot? May want to post if so.
NAND still uses the memory card for system.ext2, rootfs.img, and data.img. Only the kernel and initrd.gz are truly on NAND at this point. Also, NAND is far more experimental and often has patches before Haret receives them. Lately we (and by we, I mean ACL and Wistilt) have been working on true panel power off and on which neither build have.

As for the memory card, the class 10 and even some class 6 cards give poor performance for Android or don't work well because they are not designed for what we are using them for. No memory card is really best for opening a file and then making small random changes all over inside that file, but the class 4 cards tend to do better at this, the 6's a little worse, and the 10's are much worse.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
fn and caps work do not work. I cannot get a : for example without using soft keyboard. physkeyboard=rhod400 is in startup.txt with sprint TP2.
Not sure what your issue is, but I have that same line on the Sprint TP2, and my fn and caps keys work fine, and I can type a :
Old 12-29-2010, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

darylrue is a n00b

Any reasons that an exchange account gets setup with out errors but never syncs any contacts, email, and calendar? Other activesync account works without issue. The first activesync account states that this device can be controlled by administrator. The entire reason (at first) to go to android was to have multiple activesync accounts. Arrggggh. I will continue with android but any tips would be appreciated.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

darylrue is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Not sure what your issue is, but I have that same line on the Sprint TP2, and my fn and caps keys work fine, and I can type a :
If I boot using the utility it is working now.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: Unofficial known issues list 1/3

Updated for working keyboard backlight and speakerphone now!
Old 01-03-2011, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

darylrue is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Updated for working keyboard backlight and speakerphone now!
Awesome. How do I update to this please? I am stable now too!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Awesome. How do I update to this please? I am stable now too!
Hasn't been committed yet, you'll have to download a test kernel. I threw up a thread here.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
3.5mm Headphone jack is completely not working. This can be worked around so all sound comes from the headphone jack, but this means all sounds, including ringtones will come from the headphone jack.
How do i go about doing this, i have an aux in on my car deck and would like to listen to music from andriod.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
How do i go about doing this, i have an aux in on my car deck and would like to listen to music from andriod.
Set snd.force_headset=2 in your cmdline/startup.txt. Then, before booting Android plug in your headphones while in WinMo. Now make a phone call (to voicemail, or anything that won't disconnect after a minute or so) then boot haret while the phone call continues. Usually around the A N D R O I D part of the flying text the call is dropped, and now all sound will come out of your headphones - and only your headphones.

Last I tried this (several months ago) it also made horrible noises from the speaker on the phone. They weren't bloodcurdlingly loud, but very audible. I'm hoping this will get more attention soon - after all this graphics and panel stuff settles
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

So you think this would be a valid way to listen to music on a headset aux in? or are you saying it wouldnt be good.
It might take me a while to come up with my headphone jack.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2