PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 02:59 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

To those who can't get the live animated wallpapers to work with the most recent builds, if you really want to get it working you'll need to remove the hw3d.force=1 text from your startup.txt file. This is what's preventing most of the live wallpapers from functioning properly (a few will still work, but they'll be choppy)

See for yourself: Delete the hw3d text and boot Android. Once you get past the 'X' splash screen you'll see the live wallpapers are working fine. Then close Android, add the hw3d text to your startup file again and boot up Android a second time. Live wallpapers broken again...
Old 03-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

So... I see everyone suggesting to take out the sim card but what if you want to run in GSM mode? Should I use the GSM version of Android or are the drivers different?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

sugosugita is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by evertec View Post
So... I see everyone suggesting to take out the sim card but what if you want to run in GSM mode? Should I use the GSM version of Android or are the drivers different?
OK you have a freakin Sprint CDMA phone and most likely paying for it somehow....if you are still in the states why would you want to even touch the GSM side?
Old 03-11-2010, 03:26 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugosugita View Post
OK you have a freakin Sprint CDMA phone and most likely paying for it somehow....if you are still in the states why would you want to even touch the GSM side?
You have a tmobile/at&t sim with their service on a sprint/vzw tp2.
I have the vzw tp2 with tmobile service now... There are a few people that have this also.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
To those who can't get the live animated wallpapers to work with the most recent builds, if you really want to get it working you'll need to remove the hw3d.force=1 text from your startup.txt file. This is what's preventing most of the live wallpapers from functioning properly (a few will still work, but they'll be choppy)

See for yourself: Delete the hw3d text and boot Android. Once you get past the 'X' splash screen you'll see the live wallpapers are working fine. Then close Android, add the hw3d text to your startup file again and boot up Android a second time. Live wallpapers broken again...

In the startup.txt file I dont see "hw3d" text.... All I see is "htc_hw.force_cdma=1"... btw I never added that command line personally, so I shouldnt have nothing to sorry about. To get my live wallpapers back all I need to do is follow the below instructions...??

Q: How do you get Live Wallpaper working like it did in previous builds?

A: The easiest way to get this going is to install a File Manager in Android, I recommend Astro File Manager in the Market. Once installed, you will first need to Allow android to install unknown source apps. Goto the Home screen and press the menu button. Tap Settings, and then Tap Applications. Check the box at the top that says Unknown Sources. Confirm by tapping OK. No run Astro File manager or whatever you chose. Browse to the AndroidApps/Media folder on the SDCard. There is an app called LiveWallpapersPicker. Tap this file and Tap Open App Manager. Then Tap Install. And again, Tap the Install button now at the bottom. Now Tap Done. Once it is installed, Live Wallpapers should be enabled. You can now install the livewallpaper.matrix and the livewallpaper.starfield included with the build the same way you did the LiveWallpapersPicker. And/or browse the market for even more selections. Keep in mind currently we don't have Graphic Acceleration quite yet. But some might run regardless, just slower. Also note, currently Home++ UI will not show the Live Wallpaper, hopefully soon. But the default Home UI will as well as the Lock Screen even if you do wish to use Home++ UI. For those that don't know how to select Wallpaper, goto your Home screen and press the Menu Button and Tap Wallpapers. If you want Live Wallpaper, tap Live Wallpapers and then Tap the wallpaper you wish to enable. Then once the preview comes up, either tap the settings to adjust to your liking or just tap Set wallpaper.

edit: instructions above works perfectly, if you havnt added any command line codes personally....!!!

Last edited by info[]box1; 03-11-2010 at 03:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

evertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuffevertec knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugosugita View Post
I'm not still in the states ... working in germany for 6 months.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
For those that don't know how to select Wallpaper, goto your Home screen and press the Menu Button and Tap Wallpapers. If you want Live Wallpaper, tap Live Wallpapers and then Tap the wallpaper you wish to enable. Then once the preview comes up, either tap the settings to adjust to your liking or just tap Set wallpaper.
is there a way to set our own wallpaper? i figured we could using astro browser, but i couldn't figure it out....
Old 03-11-2010, 04:42 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
is there a way to set our own wallpaper? i figured we could using astro browser, but i couldn't figure it out....
I believe so, I seen a screen shot of a home screen w/ personal wall paper. Try astro file manager to locate a pic on your sdcard. Once you locate the pic use the touch and go tech(clicking around for menu option etc.) for success. This is the best I can do, Im behind on the android biz for the past week. Plus I love the live wallpaper for now. I know Im going to get burned out of them soon...lol

hope this help...
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

gsd3782 is a n00b

After about a minute of running Android, my phone restarts. It's done this twice in a row - and I can't figure out what the issue is. Everything else is working as it should.

Can someone help?
(I have the VZW TP2)
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Stock) / TP (MightyRom)
Carrier: US Cellular

bytethegroove is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bytethegroove Send a message via MSN to bytethegroove Send a message via Yahoo to bytethegroove

maybe its just me, and I dont mean to be a ****, but shouldnt this thread be about developement of android, like sound and wifi and data and such...
I think to have to read 20 pages of bs about live wallpapers should be another thread...this thread has 80 pages, and more than 60% is garbage space....
Just my 2 cents..
I think all this unecessary talk about stuff thats not needed, is just slowing down developement....
Again I dont mean to be an ass and Im sorry if this offends someone...but now that we have our own subforum...I think non playing with software and or games belongs in another thread....instead of freaking live wallpapers, lets worry about sound and power management
peace
byte
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2