View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 03:33 AM
info[]box1
Exigent Circumstance

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
To those who can't get the live animated wallpapers to work with the most recent builds, if you really want to get it working you'll need to remove the hw3d.force=1 text from your startup.txt file. This is what's preventing most of the live wallpapers from functioning properly (a few will still work, but they'll be choppy)

See for yourself: Delete the hw3d text and boot Android. Once you get past the 'X' splash screen you'll see the live wallpapers are working fine. Then close Android, add the hw3d text to your startup file again and boot up Android a second time. Live wallpapers broken again...

In the startup.txt file I dont see "hw3d" text.... All I see is "htc_hw.force_cdma=1"... btw I never added that command line personally, so I shouldnt have nothing to sorry about. To get my live wallpapers back all I need to do is follow the below instructions...??

Q: How do you get Live Wallpaper working like it did in previous builds?

A: The easiest way to get this going is to install a File Manager in Android, I recommend Astro File Manager in the Market. Once installed, you will first need to Allow android to install unknown source apps. Goto the Home screen and press the menu button. Tap Settings, and then Tap Applications. Check the box at the top that says Unknown Sources. Confirm by tapping OK. No run Astro File manager or whatever you chose. Browse to the AndroidApps/Media folder on the SDCard. There is an app called LiveWallpapersPicker. Tap this file and Tap Open App Manager. Then Tap Install. And again, Tap the Install button now at the bottom. Now Tap Done. Once it is installed, Live Wallpapers should be enabled. You can now install the livewallpaper.matrix and the livewallpaper.starfield included with the build the same way you did the LiveWallpapersPicker. And/or browse the market for even more selections. Keep in mind currently we don't have Graphic Acceleration quite yet. But some might run regardless, just slower. Also note, currently Home++ UI will not show the Live Wallpaper, hopefully soon. But the default Home UI will as well as the Lock Screen even if you do wish to use Home++ UI. For those that don't know how to select Wallpaper, goto your Home screen and press the Menu Button and Tap Wallpapers. If you want Live Wallpaper, tap Live Wallpapers and then Tap the wallpaper you wish to enable. Then once the preview comes up, either tap the settings to adjust to your liking or just tap Set wallpaper.

edit: instructions above works perfectly, if you havnt added any command line codes personally....!!!

Last edited by info[]box1; 03-11-2010 at 03:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.