PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsta1423 View Post
I had a different outcome. My phone was at 91% in WinMo and I booted up the latest build of android. Checked the battery monitor and voltage was around 4.5, left it for a while, nothing changed. Then I plugged in the phone to my computer and the orange LED came on, just like it does when in WinMo, but the voltage never changed. Rebooted back into WinMo after 2 hours and the battery was at 72%.

No charging for me from computer, havent tried the wall charger which would provide a little more power yet, that will be next.
I tried a similar experiment with the wall charger. I burned battery in WinMo all the way down. Then I plugged the phone in until winmo reported 10% battery life.

Booted into Android with phone plugged in. Checked back two hours later to find phone off and battery dead.

Note: I did move the phone from one wall charger to another after booting into Android. If the OP is actually getting a charge perhaps it must be started in winmo and maintained?

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
I tried a similar experiment with the wall charger. I burned battery in WinMo all the way down. Then I plugged the phone in until winmo reported 10% battery life.

Booted into Android with phone plugged in. Checked back two hours later to find phone off and battery dead.

Note: I did move the phone from one wall charger to another after booting into Android. If the OP is actually getting a charge perhaps it must be started in winmo and maintained?
Yesterday, I was running wm and had a few battery intensive operations going: pandora on pause, slacker, opera 9.7 and lots of sms. Plugged my phone into a car charger and got an error message that said something like the power source wasnt enough to mantain a charge. If android is a battery drain currently I could see usb/car charging not being enough to keep the phone charged. If this is working wall charger is probably the way to go. Also, like sfxc said, starting in WM might be the trick.

On a side note: I dont know is this is really the case but I get the feeling that at least part of WM is running when we're in Android. It seems like when I restart my phone and the dual boot screen comes up, if I click to start windows it loads incredibly fast. Its as if windows is already loading in the background. Does running Haret shut down all processes on the WM side? Could it be that some processes are still functional, e.g. battery charging?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

I think that when you use that Dual Boot Cab it still loads into windows before launching the screen to choose windows or Android. That is why allot of us are just making a short cut in the start menu to launch haret. I have the cab that installs haret with the android guy and made a short cut to the start menu and then just placed it in the top short cut links in Sense 2.5.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2/ blackberry bold
Carrier: sprint & at & t

idenkilla is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to idenkilla

Last night my spare battery had a charge of 40% in winmo. I launched android and then plugged in my phone. I left it plugged in all night and by morning I had a full charge.

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using 95 civic's build 3-6-10,

Last edited by idenkilla; 03-16-2010 at 03:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

mine always says 100% in android from the build I installed yesterday.
no biggie though, I'm going to be patient and wait until the sound is worked out and start messing with it again.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

knives of ice is just getting started

i can browse the web/internet just fine in 3g. i get the error message in the apps store "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." each and every time i try to download anything.

any ideas?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WinDroid XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Technix2002 is just getting started

I wonder what they mean by "audio" on the port status page when we all know it does not work: http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Port_Status

Just noticed under the Rhodium CDMA section it says "yes"

Not trying to start a fire or anything, just hoping for accurate updates.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

jeff b is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
i can browse the web/internet just fine in 3g. i get the error message in the apps store "the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." each and every time i try to download anything.

any ideas?
I had that issue when I tried to keep my data from a 95civic build. I did a clean install and it got rid of the issue.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technix2002 View Post
I wonder what they mean by "audio" on the port status page when we all know it does not work: http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Port_Status

Just noticed under the Rhodium CDMA section it says "yes"

Not trying to start a fire or anything, just hoping for accurate updates.
They mean call audio. If you look further down it shows rear speaker no for cdma rhodium
Old 03-16-2010, 03:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2

jeep447 is just getting started

Would you mind posting that cab file for the android guy as a start menu icon? I have been looking all over for it and for some reason I cant find it! Thank you!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2