View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 02:01 PM
Mazzakre
Halfway to VIP Status

Mazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuffMazzakre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
I tried a similar experiment with the wall charger. I burned battery in WinMo all the way down. Then I plugged the phone in until winmo reported 10% battery life.

Booted into Android with phone plugged in. Checked back two hours later to find phone off and battery dead.

Note: I did move the phone from one wall charger to another after booting into Android. If the OP is actually getting a charge perhaps it must be started in winmo and maintained?
Yesterday, I was running wm and had a few battery intensive operations going: pandora on pause, slacker, opera 9.7 and lots of sms. Plugged my phone into a car charger and got an error message that said something like the power source wasnt enough to mantain a charge. If android is a battery drain currently I could see usb/car charging not being enough to keep the phone charged. If this is working wall charger is probably the way to go. Also, like sfxc said, starting in WM might be the trick.

On a side note: I dont know is this is really the case but I get the feeling that at least part of WM is running when we're in Android. It seems like when I restart my phone and the dual boot screen comes up, if I click to start windows it loads incredibly fast. Its as if windows is already loading in the background. Does running Haret shut down all processes on the WM side? Could it be that some processes are still functional, e.g. battery charging?