PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

MrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Android for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400/RHOD500)

Instructions
  • Thanks to flyers2114, there is a single zip file you can download that has all the files included. Otherwise, the long instructions are below

• Download babijoee's latest XDANDROID release, and unzip it to the root of your SD card.
  • Download the latest kernel package from glemsom's kernel autobuild site. Untar the file (it's like unzipping -- 7-zip in windows can do this), rename zImage.xxxxxxxxx to zImage, and replace all zImage and modules* files in the root of your sdcard with these.
  • Download the rootfs zip attached to this post and unzip it. Move the file (should be called rootfs.img) to the root of your SD card, replacing the XDANDROID rootfs.
  • Download the startup.txt attached to this post, and copy it into the root of your SD card.
  • Using File Explorer, navigate to the Storage Card and run HaRET.exe to boot Android
  • Note that if you are upgrading from 95civic's builds, you should remove all Android-related files from your SD card except for data.img

Changelog
2010-03-09: Updated rootfs to fix arrow key mapping
2010-03-08: Updated startup.txt to fix g-sensor and virtual keyboard issues
2010-03-07: New version of the RIL: should be more reliable (i.e. not booting into Airplane mode as often), and Market now works! Also thanks to NeoMatrixJR, some keymap fixes

Feature Status
Working
  • CDMA Radio: phone calls, SMS
  • CDMA Data: only tested with Sprint, Verizon should work, MetroPCS, USCC and others may not
  • Earpiece/mic (only for phone calls)
  • WiFi (Networks with WEP encryption do not work, unprotected and WPA networks are fine)
  • Keyboard
  • Backlight control: turn off auto-dimming in WinMo if you want it to work
Semi-Working
  • Touchscreen: works but has glitches
  • Battery status:
  • Power management: Definitely a work in progress, don't expect more than maybe 8 hours on a charge.
Not Working
  • Sound (music, ringtones, etc.)
  • Speakerphone
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • GPS
  • Hardware 3D accel
  • USB Mass Storage

I do accept donations (and would also be very grateful for any computer engineering job leads in San Diego/SoCal), but remember there are many other people who have gotten HTC Linux to this point: phh, cr2, makkonen, dzo, and others
Attached Files
File Type: txt startup.txt (259 Bytes, 4110 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip rootfs-rhod400-20100309.zip (5.59 MB, 5231 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by MrPippy; 03-10-2010 at 08:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 257 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

MrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIPMrPippy is a VIP
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Reserved for future use
This post has been thanked 48 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Android for CDMA Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400/RHOD500)
Frequently Asked Questions

I am by no means an expert, but am just trying to help out by attempting to keep a list of known issues and frequent questions that pop up. Hopefully people can refer back to MrPippy's first 2 posts for current changelog information and then look here for other issues that seem to be common among users. By no means are the answers here a works for all situation, but hopefully it will be what works for most. And resolve most of your issues, if not at least let you be aware that they are issues and you shouldn't beat your head against the wall! I will update this as often as I can in between work and life! Also, I take no credit for solving these issues, most of the issues are solved by the great community we have here and the discussion going on in this thread. I just try to compile them here on the front page! I will attempt to keep a changelog of when I edit this post leading as to what I might have updated or added. No promises on accuracy heh.

Changelog
2010-03-22: Updated USC data issues. Seems there is a fix now.
2010-03-20: Added a link to the latest as of this update, rootfs.img along with a link to Wifi Tethering thanks to stinebd.
2010-03-16: Added cmdline switches
2010-03-15: Added question about how much space is needed
2010-03-11: Added question about SIM Cards
2010-03-11: Added links to the latest initrd.gz and kernel builds under Extras
2010-03-10: Updated questions about housing your build in a subfolder on your storage card
2010-03-10: Added tips on upgrading rootfs.img and latest kernel
2010-03-10: Removed the Issue with Arrow keys not functioning. This has been fixed in current rootfs.img in Post#1

Extras
Current Status of Ports
This is a Wiki page that shows a pretty up to date status of what is and what isn't working with current builds. This may not always include MrPippy's updates, but it does seem to get updated as often as it can. Pretty much the same as this FAQ will be.
http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Port_Status

And a compiled Wiki FAQ which includes this FAQ and previous questions from Android in general. It might not have all the updates I might change as they present themselves, but I will try and get a login and figure out how to update it as well to match this one. Thanks MathewB57
http://www.androidonhtc.com/wiki/Rhodium_FAQ

Calkulin's TP2 Stripped ROM for Android
Calkulin was kind enough to create a very stripped down ROM just for those wanting to mainly run Android. This ROM seems to have the bare essentials and that is it, leaving tons of storage for Android. Send thanks his way!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402

Current initrd.gz Builds
If you want the most current initrd.gz build, grab it from this link. Just overwrite the one on your storage card.
http://xdandroid.southcape.org/initramfs/

Current Kernel Builds
If you want the most current kernel build, grab it from this link. Download the package and rename the zImage-xzy to just zImage and overwrite the one on your storage card. Also delete the modules-xyz.tar.gz from your storage card and copy the new one as is to the card. Do not extract the tar.gz Note: Not always will the current kernel be stable. Something that gets committed for one piece might break another. If you start to experience issues, just download an older Package and replace.
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/

Have a GSM phone or trying to use GSM via a SIM Card
This thread is for CDMA only, not that some of the tips and such won't apply, but the rootfs.img in Post#1 is specific for CDMA only. If you want to follow the progress on GSM check this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997

Wifi Tethering
Stinebd from XDA was awesome enough to figure out Wifi Tethering for everyone. It requires the latest rootfs.img with his modifications as well as the latest kernel. Here is a link to his information, and the latest rootfs.img with MrPippys CDMA RIL library modifications.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=5096
Latest as of 3/19/10 rootfs with MrPippy's changes, extract and copy over your existing rootfs.img:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/forums/attac...9&d=1269072091

I should note, use at your own risk, stinebd nor I are responsible for any data charges you may incur with your provider. Hopefully you are just seen as phone traffic, but you have been warned!

Usage Tips
What are the Navigation keys on a Touch Pro 2 Android build?

TP2 Power Button = Android Home Button - Press this no matter where you are to return to the Home screen. By default it gives the choice between Home and Home++, which are 2 different UI's for Android. Home being the default. If you don't want that Pop-up, just select use by default before selecting the one you want. You can also HOLD the Home button down to act as a Task Switcher.

TP2 Answer Button = Android Answer Button - Answers the phone in Android. Reports due to the touchscreen being so sensitive, are it is easier to answer calls via the Answer Button than Slide to Answer.

TP2 Windows Button = Android Menu Button - This button changes context according to where you are at. It controls more functions in different applications by pressing it. And at the Home screen it gives you options for Settings and customization of the Screen.

TP2 Back Button = Android Back Button - Does just that, it takes you back a page from where you were before. Continuing to press it will get you back to the Home screen if you don't want to use the Home Key.

TP2 End Call Button = Android Power Button - This is basically the Power Button in Android. Press this to put the phone in sleep mode and dim the screen. Press and HOLD to bring up a pop-up for shutting the phone down and Rebooting back in to Windows Mobile and switching between silent mode and airplane mode.

Recommended First steps

External Audio, as in Ringing Speaker and such aren't working yet. So to fix this, you need to make sure the phone is set to Vibrate, otherwise you will miss your calls and notifications.

Press the Home Button to go to the Home Screen. Select which UI if you haven't made one default.
Press the Menu Button and Tap Settings.
Tap Sound & display.
Tap the Check Boxes that say Silent mode as well as Phone vibrate.
You should notice the Vibrate icon now in your Notification bar.
Now open the Messaging App and again press the Menu Button and Tap Settings.
Scroll till you see Vibrate at the bottom. Tap to Check that box.
Now Messaging notifications and incoming calls will vibrate.

Questions about Issues/Fixes and Tips
How much space do I need on my Storage Card?
It has been asked that we put a note in on how much space is required. Being as the data.img it creates on boot is 256MB, you have space for the OS etc. It is recommended you have at least 500MB free to use Android. Hopefully that clears up some confusion.

Why is my backlight always staying on?
MrPippy Addressed in Post#1 but for those not understanding. There have been reports, including myself with issues with the Backlight staying on even when you put the phone to sleep. As well as your backlit navigation keys at the bottom. Obviously a real battery killer! To fix this, we need to disable Windows Mobile's Automatic Adjustment and Dim settings.

From within Windows Mobile
Tap START - SETTINGS - SYSTEM - POWER - BACKLIGHT
Tap to Uncheck - Automatically adjust backlight
Tap to Uncheck - Dim backlight if device is not used for: in the On Battery Power section
Tap to Uncheck - Dim backlight if device is not used for: in the On External Power section
This should keep the backlight from staying on now, and definitely increase battery time!

My Phone isn't booting even after following all the directions?
Unfortunately nobody can see what's going on with your phone but you. But it is good practice to start from scratch if you cannot seem to figure out what is going on. For those with issues trying to get it to boot. I would recommend Removing all the Android directories and files and trying again. Especially the data.img file and cache directory back in Windows Mobile. MrPippy says it is ok to keep your data.img, and most of the time as long as nothing major has changed, that is probably true. But if you are having issues, the best course is to get rid of that and let it re-create it. Some users state re-formatting your SD Card fixes things up. I haven't ever had that issue, so I cannot attest, but if all else fails, that is an option.

How long does it take to boot, it has been sitting here for 30 minutes?
The very first time you boot, especially with a fresh system, it takes on average about 3-5 minutes. That is with it creating the data.img etc. I have heard of some taking 10 minutes, but my guess is different speed SD cards etc. But if it is going on 30 minutes and you still are not up and running, I wouldn't hold my breath. It sounds like something got fubarred someplace, and I would hit the Reset button and delete the folders and files for Android and try again. On that note, if it is at the graphical X it may very well be working just really slow, again maybe the SD card is fragmented or too slow etc. So it is your choice to wait. but if it is still text on the screen etc, then I would start over. I have yet to see it take over 5 minutes on any build of Android. And after that first boot, it is very quick on coming up, like 2 minutes Max.

I messed up when calibrating the Touchscreen, how can I redo it?
To reset the calibration and setup again just boot back into Windows Mobile and delete the ts-calibration file, usually in the root of your Storage Card. Next boot into Android should prompt you to set the calibration again.

My Notification LED is always on?
Current state of the Notification LED is more for diagnostic purposes. It isn't functioning yet for true notifications. It is more for diagnostics right now from my understanding to let you know that the phone is in sleep mode. If the light isn't Green when sleeping then it hasn't ran it's power collapse mode and it is draining your battery. I get an occasional Flash from Green to Orange and I assume it is when the phone wakes up to check things like mail etc. But otherwise it is Green all the time the phone is sleeping. Which is good!

I cannot adjust the volume of my calls, the bar moves but it isn't changing?
This is a known issue, and the current state. I haven't found any way around it currently, the bar will move but it just makes no change. I experimented with WM volume first and it didn't seem to make a difference, so hopefully this gets addressed in time.

Why isn't my 3G Data not working, or why is it always coming up in Airplane Mode?
Some users are reporting issues with 3G Data not working even with the latest RIL Info that MrPippy put together. What seems to be a resolution is to make sure you remove your SIM Card if you have one in it. If you don't have a need for it period, then I recommend leaving it out. Otherwise, some have said once they have booted and 3G is working, they have put their SIM Card back in and things still seem to function. Currently this is just a workaround. Hopefully we can make it function with it in all the time in the future.

If you for sure have your SIM Card out and are still not getting a 3G icon, try going into Wireless Networks and have it scan for your network. From your Home Screen, press the Menu Button, then tap Settings, then tap Wireless & network settings. Then tap Mobile networks and then Network operators. Next tap Select automatically, this may have to be done twice, but you want it to show a brief pop-up saying Registered to Network. Then you can go back to your home screen, wait about a minute hopefully max, and see if the 3G icon shows up finally on your notification bar.

Why do I need to remove my SIM Card, I need it for my carrier? How do you remove the SIM Card, I can't figure it out for the life of me?
The question about SIM Cards seem to come into play a lot. If you are on a CDMA phone, then seriously unless you do lots of travel overseas you don't have a real reason to use the SIM Card, being as it is for GSM networks. I have heard some need the SIM due to they are using their CDMA phone on T-Mobile or something. Which if that is the case, then yes, you probably do need your SIM but you are running on GSM so you need to follow the thread on Android on GSM. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997 The rootfs.img that MrPippy modded for us is specifically for CDMA only currently. Hopefully in time I think he plans on merging it into the public one and we won't have to worry. But until then, you need to follow the right thread and such to get it working on your network. So if you are doing CDMA, then remove the SIM and if you are doing GSM leave it in but use a different rootfs.img. http://xdandroid.southcape.org/rootfs/ Keeping in mind that the one from the site listed there will not work on CDMA currently without modification. Some users are having trouble figuring out how to remove your SIM Card. This site has a good walkthrough. Hopefully it helps.
http://www.myvusers.com/forums/htc-t...ouch-pro2.html

I have US Cellular or MetroPCS or some other carrier other than Sprint or Verizon and my 3G Data isn't working?
It seems they have finally figured out how to get date on USC, dunno for sure if it works on others like MetroPCS but you can try and let us know. Thanks go out to Eval for working hard with everyone to solve this. You can find details here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113441
And some detailed steps by clifftrue here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=86

I have everything in the Android folder in the root of my SD Card but it won't work?
According to Makkonen, the Android folder no longer works. It was conflicting with apps that created their own android folder in the sdcard, so it was changed. If you still want to segregate your android files, change the android folder to "andboot". Or you can add rel_path=whatever to your cmdline in startup.txt and then use whatever directory. You can put this switch anywhere in your cmdline as long as it is before the last switch of "physkeyboard=", that has to be your last switch. You need the latest initrd.gz for this to work correctly, though. Edit: By default you won't be using the latest initrd.gz just from downloading the Android source from post #1, you will want to download it from that link in this answer, just replace the initrd.gz that is already on your storage card with the new one. And now you will be able to have everything in the "andboot" folder. Thanks to Makkonen for clearing that up.

The thread says GPS is not working, but Google Maps is showing my location? Or, others are able to get their location via Cell Towers, mine won't?
The phone will use either GPS or pick you off the nearest Cell Tower. Being as GPS isn't currently working, that leaves us Cell Towers. So when it shows your location, that is picking your closest Cell Tower to where you are. This is better than nothing, especially until GPS works. But definitely not as precise. To get Cell Tower updating to work, what worked for me and seems to have worked for others is Updating to Google Maps 4.0 in the Market, and making sure Wifi is enabled by going into your settings and checking the box for Wifi whether you are using Wifi or not. Also some have claimed going into Location and security, and unchecking and re-checking the Use Wireless networks for your Location and accepting it helped as well. I do NOT have use GPS for location currently. Being as it doesn't work, no sense in it attempting to see if you have one! Also, after making sure it is updating, I have since disabled Wifi in the settings, and things continue to work. So just a little bit of a battery saver.

My WiFi isn't working, and the thread says it is functional?
MrPippy addressed in Post#1 but for those not understanding. WiFi is working, but it seems users that are running WEP encryption are having issues. This is a known issue and hopefully will be addressed in time. But WPA and WPA2 seem to work great. If you have no other choice, then unfortunately you might need to pick up another router and have it do WPA etc for you or do without WiFi till it is fixed. Otherwise if you can, change to a little better encryption. Not that it will stop someone from hacking you if they really want to!

Does charging not work, or does the battery bar work? It is showing 100% all the time.
In current state, at least that I have found, charging isn't working via Android, nor is the Battery bar working properly. This is work in progress, and hopefully things will get figured out soon. For now I believe you have to boot back into Windows Mobile to charge. Sorry. Battery does seem to last anywhere from 5-8 hours depending on usage of course. And some have said as the battery is getting low it does change to like 20% or something all of the sudden.

My screen is always flipping to Landscape when I don't need it to?
iSo far we don't have full Android Gsensor support. The GSensor works great, but it doesn't automatically detect when you turn the phone etc for Landscape to Portrait stuff. The easiest way to fix this from happening for now is disabling the automatic orientation. This will not affect it switching to Landscape when you slide your keyboard. That will still function just fine. Press the Menu button and select Settings. Then select Sound & display settings. Scroll down till you get to Orientation under Display settings. Uncheck that box, and it should no longer flip on you automatically.

Why are my Arrow keys opposite on my Hardware Keyboard?
This has been fixed with the latest rootfs.img MrPippy posted in post#1. To fix it, just boot back into Windows Mobile and copy the new rootfs.img over the existing on the root of your storage card. Next time you boot Android you should be fixed up.

How do you get Live Wallpaper working like it did in previous builds?
The easiest way to get this going is to install a File Manager in Android, I recommend Astro File Manager in the Market. Once installed, you will first need to Allow android to install unknown source apps. Goto the Home screen and press the menu button. Tap Settings, and then Tap Applications. Check the box at the top that says Unknown Sources. Confirm by tapping OK. No run Astro File manager or whatever you chose. Browse to the AndroidApps/Media folder on the SDCard. There is an app called LiveWallpapersPicker. Tap this file and Tap Open App Manager. Then Tap Install. And again, Tap the Install button now at the bottom. Now Tap Done. Once it is installed, Live Wallpapers should be enabled. You can now install the livewallpaper.matrix and the livewallpaper.starfield included with the build the same way you did the LiveWallpapersPicker. And/or browse the market for even more selections. Keep in mind currently we don't have Graphic Acceleration quite yet. But some might run regardless, just slower. Also note, currently Home++ UI will not show the Live Wallpaper, hopefully soon. But the default Home UI will as well as the Lock Screen even if you do wish to use Home++ UI. For those that don't know how to select Wallpaper, goto your Home screen and press the Menu Button and Tap Wallpapers. If you want Live Wallpaper, tap Live Wallpapers and then Tap the wallpaper you wish to enable. Then once the preview comes up, either tap the settings to adjust to your liking or just tap Set wallpaper.

How do I use MrPippy's latest rootfs.img or how can I upgrade my kernel with the latest one?
This is quite easy actually. If MrPippy updates his rootfs.img, all you need to do is delete yours off of your storage card, and then turn around and copy the new one over to it. Obviously you will need to do this in Windows Mobile. As far as the kernel is concerned, delete the zImage and modules-xyz.tar.gz off of your storage card, download the latest kernel package from the glemsom site, rename that zImage-xyz to zImage and copy both the zImage and new modules-xyz.tar.gz over to your storage card. Make sure you don't rename the modules file or the kernel won't know how to find it. Now you can boot into Android with all the latest stuff. But as mentioned in a reply, not always are the current kernels 100% stable, usually the commits are good, but sometimes they may break something else. So if you do experience issues, you might download a previous version and see if that works better for you.

What are the different cmdline switches I can pass in the Startup.txt?
This is more advanced stuff, but since it was asked and since Boominsvx put them all together I thought I would throw it in the FAQ for ya, thank him for it. But keep in mind these aren't fixes by any means just different ways to configure and test things. And some of them not working yet. Any of these switches can be anywhere in your cmdline as long as they aren't the last switch. The "physkeyboard=" switch has to be your last switch.

Current command line switches for startup.txt:

Enable Hardward 3d - hw3d.force=1
Correct G Sensor - gsensor_axis=2,1,3
Enable Speaker Phone - external.rhod_speaker=1
Enable Proximity Sensor - board-htcrhodium-proximity.on=1
Enable Wake on Proximity Sensor - board-htcrhodium-proximity.wake=1
Set Android directory - rel_path=whatever

Last edited by cflynt; 03-22-2010 at 12:40 PM.
This post has been thanked 160 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Hit thanks! You sure deserve it!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

woohoo Mr.Pipppy rocking his own thread this is awesome at the current rate of new developments we should be at full android capabilities soon. Thanks to everyone who was in on the development!

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks for this...hmm i wonder will android be working 100% on the tp2 before wp7 comes out...at this rate id say before summer is over...Hopefully

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Lurker

joshlg06 is just getting started

you finally got the market to work! you are the man pippy!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Lurker

dealsrme is just getting started

Thanks Pippy testing now... didn't load on first boot but will try again!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: at&t:HTC Aria waiting for WP7 to Arrive
Carrier: at&t

Oridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOridus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealsrme View Post
Thanks Pippy testing now... didn't load on first boot but will try again!
Mine booted. But when I make a call, the receiver speaker doesn't work, an dI can't hang up the call. CDMA data isnt working for me, even after following the instructions to the T and rebooting several times even. Tried to VM call trick before booting haret. SMS isnt working for me either. The menus and all that work fine.... and I get a signal... it allows me to make the call - I just can't hear crap and it wont hang up when i try.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

FYI: Be very careful about the overly sensitive screen when doing the first run screen calibration in haret. It doesn't ask you again next time you boot android. I missed the middle mark the first time. If you mess up, just delete the calibration file and reload Haret.

Market is working great for me. I deleted everything off the card including the data image. I've never gotten crazy with android setup because of how beta it was before, but now I'm setting things up. The files that you should have on the root of your SD card after a new installation are as follows:

rootfs.img
startup.txt
modules-2.6.27-00962-ged4b558.tar.gz (Changes numbers each build)
zImage
XDANDROID.01.03.10.7z
AndroidApps (folder)
conf (folder)
media (folder)
STARTUP CONFIG (folder)
haret.exe
initrd.gz
system.sqsh

All of these were typed exactly as they are in my folder, and these are what you should have after following Mr. Pippy's instructions. These will be valid until the next release or update, however the numbers will most likely be the only things that change. General name format should be consistant for a while.

Excellent job by the way mister threadstarter of his own. You, my friend, get my first born.

Pippy for pres! Civic for Vice!!!!! (just in case pippy gets assassinated)

Lastly:

REMOVE YOUR SIM CARD!

It's right under your battery. Just follow the instructions under the battery and use the stylus to slide it out.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-12-2010 at 01:15 AM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2