PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Is this the start to our battery issues?

Quote:
Fix htc battery temperature reporting. Fix htc battery voltage reporting.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro by HTC
Carrier: Sprint

kain144000 is a n00b
I've got a couple of Qs...

Can't believe we've finally got a decent version of Android running on the TP2, but I'd like to know a few things...

*Import pim.vol
How do I import/convert my WM contacts (pim.vol) to Android, and what & where is the Android contacts file?

*Auto adjust Backlight and Screen Dim timeouts with Mortscript
I'd made a script to disable auto adjustment and screen-dimming timeouts via
Code:
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "ACTimeout", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "ACTimeoutUnchecked", "0000003c")
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "BatteryTimeout", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "BatteryTimeoutUnchecked", "0000001e")
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "LightDetectOn", 0)
Run("\Storage Card\haret.exe")
Exit
which works flawlessly. However, to re-enable auto adjustment and screen-dimming timeouts upon StartUp via
Code:
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "LightDetectOn", 1)
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "ACTimeout", "0000003c")
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "ACTimeoutUnchecked", 0)
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "BatteryTimeout", "0000001e")
RegWriteDWord( "HKCU", "\ControlPanel\BackLight", "BatteryTimeoutUnchecked", 0)
Exit
all is restored except for the BatteryPower screen dimming timeout of :30. It always returns at :10. Any ideas?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

webctbill is a n00b
Re: I've got a couple of Qs...

Hey Kain,

If you sync with Outlook you can export your contacts to csv then import them into a gmail account. I did it on a regular browser. After that, log in to gmail on your new android phone and your contacts are sucked right up or sync'd right up.
That's what I did and it worked flawlessly.

Cheers,

Bill
Old 03-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 RHOD400

ddrllama is a n00b
Re: I've got a couple of Qs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by webctbill View Post
Hey Kain,

If you sync with Outlook you can export your contacts to csv then import them into a gmail account. after that log in to gmail and your contacts are sucked right up or sync'd.
That's what I did and it worked flawlessly.

Cheers,

Bill
Or just setup Google Sync on WiMo:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...36&topic=14299

This will sync your contacts/calendar to your Gmail account. This way you won't have to worry about keeping it synced between Android<->WiMo, since they'll both sync with Google.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice@cox.net View Post
I had problems with an SD card also. I had to add msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=14000000
to the startup.txt to slow down accesses to my card then everything was fine. Without it I was corrupting the file system on the card bad enough that sometimes I had to reformat, and it almost never made it into android successfully without it. Don't know how bad that affects my performance, but it doesn't seem bad.
I was having this exact same problem after an SDcard switch. I had an unknown class 1GB that worked fine with 95-civics CDMA Android but when I switched over to a 4GB C4 a friend gave to me I couldn't get Android to boot for the life of me. I was hoping these new builds would fix my issue but it still persisted.
Every time I tried loading it, even after multiple formats my Haret would hang at:
Cleaning up...
Switching to rootfs…
GSM phone found
Checking for partition…
Creating a new data store

Then it would spam me every 30 seconds or so with another load attempt.

I added msm_sdcc.msmsdcc_fmax=14000000 and it booted Android without a problem. Although I accidentally messed up while programming the touch screen and now I can't even get past the "Welcome to Android" tutorial.
Never the less, it's booting. I've just got to delete my calibration file and be on my way!

I've skimmed some threads here and the one on XDA, but with 100 pages there's no way for me to understand where your fix for this came from. What are the limitations this commands instills?

And since I haven't thank everyone for their hard work here on PPC, let me do so.
You guys are freaking awesome and keep up the good work. THIS is why I bought a Windows Mobile device, because of the software that people like you guys create!

Edit: After installing I'm getting a lot of lag to the point where the OS is almost inoperable. Is this only me? Because I'm curious if this is because of the command I added to my start up txt.

Last edited by OMGWTF_BBQ; 03-12-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

S_C_B is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I generally try to read up heavily before I attempt to do anything potential harmful to my phone. I was asking a basic question because if it was too hard/too much didn't work I wasn't going to bother. I figured(like most I assume) asking a quick question is a lot easier than swimming through 100 pages of replies.
This reminds me of the folks at work.
I work for a software company, but they have me doing QA sometimes.
I send an email to everyone explaining, IN GREAT DETAIL, the issues I found. Sometimes I spend over 15 minutes making these emails, because I research the issue and causes.

A week later, someone asks me to resend the email. It drives me crazy.
They give the excuse, I figured it would be easier for you to just send it again, then looking for it myself.

Then I almost snap!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
That sure sounds like it. Where'd you read that info at?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
there has been reports no2chem has been working on things. so this is likely reports of his work that he has done recently. so things are progressing behind the scenes.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilson View Post
In the comments for the kernal at
http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
Old 03-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Energy "Leo" 23542 ROM
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jackreisinger1511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
I am no expert, but that makes no sense whatsoever. Do you have some more info on your setup? Like what ROM are you using? Is it Calkulins Android ROM? If so and running off his setup instead of the SDCard, maybe he has a ts-calibration file in there. Or are you trying to run Android via a directory on your SDCard, if so maybe for some reason you have that ts-calibration file somewhere in the directory. But I was pretty sure it only accesses it via the root.

If you really want to work on getting this going, I would go ahead and wipe all the Android stuff off the storage card and try and copy the files again. Either use one of the ts-calibration files others have posted in this thread, sorry, don't have one avail to upload for you right at moment, but if still in need I will do it when I can here later on. But sounds like something is hosed in your data.img or something. So I would basically start over and see if that helps you at all.

Using the Civic rootfs that MrPippy helped with will work, but you will be missing out on the IMEI stuff and updated RIL fixes that make it run more stable and you won't have Market then and that will be a huge loss. So I would focus on working on getting the current rootfs working and see if what might be going on.

Sorry bout all your woes, hopefully starting over helps. But going back to the ts-calibration. I have done numerous tests on where it sees files and such and if that file doesn't exist it won't even finish booting till the screen gets calibrated, either right or wrong heh. You will see a little white box in the top left corner if it is working and if you can read it, it is asking you to calibrate by tapping the box. And then of course it moves onto the next box etc.
I'm currently using the standard Verizon/Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM. My device only has 184mb of RAM and 254mb of Storage which is different than what's posted on the Verizon site. Would that be why I can not get the new build of Android to load? Do I need to change some parameters?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2