PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:21 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor13 View Post
it boots up sure. no sound,no networks found,no wifi,no sound,no bluetooth,no phone calls no sprint or any signal. but it looked pretty.So what was the big news today about it?i used this 1 year ago.still not developed enuff to worry about?
Looks like you have a touch pro from your stats. This is for a touch pro 2. I've been running it heavily now for 3 hours and everything is working fantastic aside from sound in anything other than calls, which will probably come soon.. Big thanks to all the developers!

Last edited by gullzway; 03-13-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Energy "Leo" 23542 ROM
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jackreisinger1511 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Anthing that you add to the startup.txt file NEEDS to be added after the 'set cmdline' inside the quotes, BUT HAS TO APPEAR BEFORE THE physkeyboard=rhod400 text.

It won't always be necessary to do this, but it is for now
Thanks for the info, I tried that command but I still can't get the Android build to load. After it displays "CDMA Rhodium Found" it displays an error then displays "Something used micropklt_lcd_ctrl. This function should no longer be used." over and over again until the phone powers off which I imagine is because it runs out of memory. Do you have any ideas what this is and how I could fix it to get Android to load? I know this isn't the best explanitation, please let me know if you need any additional info or if there's some kind of log I can post to help troubleshot. Thanks again for the help.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:42 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackreisinger1511 View Post
Thanks for the info, I tried that command but I still can't get the Android build to load. After it displays "CDMA Rhodium Found" it displays an error then displays "Something used micropklt_lcd_ctrl. This function should no longer be used." over and over again until the phone powers off which I imagine is because it runs out of memory. Do you have any ideas what this is and how I could fix it to get Android to load? I know this isn't the best explanitation, please let me know if you need any additional info or if there's some kind of log I can post to help troubleshot. Thanks again for the help.
I see you've been having this problem for a while...

Try to start from scratch. Re-format your storage card (not the phone memory - Android HAS to be run from a microsd card at this point in the process). Format as FAT32. Once formatted, re-download flyers' package from the first post again and unzip the files. Then place them all on the root (which means not inside any folders) of your storage card and then run haret.exe
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Energy "Leo" 23542 ROM
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jackreisinger1511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post

Try to start from scratch. Re-format your storage card (not the phone memory - Android HAS to be run from a microsd card at this point in the process). Format as FAT32. Once formatted, re-download flyers' package from the first post again and unzip the files. Then place them all on the root (which means not inside any folders) of your storage card and then run haret.exe
I've tried this several times with six different micro SD cards ranging from 2gb to 16gb (all Class 2 or unknown). I've formatted all the cards in "Disk Management" with the Allocation unit size set to "Default" and I've gotten the same result everytime. I've even went as far as Hard Resetting my device which didn't work either. Please let me know if you have any suggestions cause I'm stumped.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/17992; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon
Quote:

If you are running windows 7 it might try to format to exfat. Make sure it is fat32.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:03 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So I am assuming any SD card needing to be formatted for Android will need to be formatted fat32?

Just adding to my knowledge base...lol in my head
Old 03-13-2010, 01:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

secondtwiggy is just getting started

Thank you all again for getting this working!!!!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I've tried this several times with six different micro SD cards ranging from 2gb to 16gb (all Class 2 or unknown). I've formatted all the cards in "Disk Management" with the Allocation unit size set to "Default" and I've gotten the same result everytime. I've even went as far as Hard Resetting my device which didn't work either. Please let me know if you have any suggestions cause I'm stumped.
Or maybe it's a partitioning issue where the logical partition is messed up. If you want to you could try makkonen's hardcore partitioning method:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1618404&postcount=525
Old 03-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Dell Axim x5
Carrier: Boost

tekdemon is just getting started

Quote:
I guess in addition to everything everyone else has said, are you putting all the files where they're supposed to be going? Things have to go where they're supposed to so a lot of stuff has to be in the root of the card...not a subfolder, etc.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

tekknogenius is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion View Post
I have placed all the android files from flyers zip into a folder named "Androidfs" on the root of my SD card.

I added rel_path=Androidfs to the startup.txt file in the "Androidfs" fil before the last set of quotes and I am getting an error when trying to load haret saying rel_path is invalid key.

Anyone able to help? besides saying put the files on the root of the sd.

Thanks!
Note. The set cmdline "blah blah blah" must be on one line, so make sure that you added rel_path=whatever on that line.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2