PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2 - Windows Mobile 6.5 - Energy "Leo" 23542 ROM
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jackreisinger1511 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eschelon View Post
Or maybe it's a partitioning issue where the logical partition is messed up. If you want to you could try makkonen's hardcore partitioning method:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=1618404&postcount=525
Still no dice with getting Android to load after trying "makkonen's hardcore partitioning method" in Ubuntu. I'm placing all the files in the SD's root (rootfs, startup, etc) and nothing seems to work. I don't know if this helps or not but if I replace the rootfs.img with the one from Civic's early build (around 1/25/09) when data and wifi didn't work then Android boots but I can't get past the Welcome page.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Mr P is online, wonder if we might see an update
Old 03-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Wouldn't that make my night. I swear that guy has the highest Post/Rep ration in PPC history. He deserves a cookie... or a medal, or atleast a cuddle.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Wouldn't that make my night. I swear that guy has the highest Post/Rep ration in PPC history. He deserves a cookie... or a medal, or atleast a cuddle.
lol yup, have u seen the stats ?

watch that hit 2000 if something new comes out this weekend lol
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

woot woot
Old 03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

have a feeling some battery enhancements and possibly charging are going to be coming down the pipeline.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

wwjclemd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
have a feeling some battery enhancements and possibly charging are going to be coming down the pipeline.
I really hope your right... I cant stand having to go back to WM just to charge.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

sound, touch screen driver, and charging will really mean I only need to log into WM for gps.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

give me working bluetooth, camera, sound and a more stable touch screen and im golden.

Ill stick with my tp2 and load up Android on the daily

I <3 Android
Old 03-13-2010, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this is a bit funny... just because Mr Pippy is "online" everyone gets excited and starts to salivate.

I think that has to be the definition of reaching "superstar" PPCGeek status.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2