PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 11:20 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

You may have to restart and data will work on the 2nd bootup, have seen that a few times even with the sim card out.

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-14-2010 at 11:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

NO sim card already...think I'll roll with the setup...and do the google sync after everything is running.

OK...have to get Android running PRIOR to setting up google acc'ts

thnx

Old 03-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
NO sim card already...think I'll roll with the setup...and do the google sync after everything is running.

OK...have to get Android running PRIOR to setting up google acc'ts

thnx

No prob buddy. Yea, something I've been finding with these new builds. Hit the Thanks button if it worked buddy. People tend to pay more attentionn to thanked posts. Skip the initial setup if you have signal bars but no 3G icon.

ALSO: Just came across something I haven't noticed in the past. After running android for about 3 hours with it plugged into the usb cable on my PC, I booted back to windows and found my battery to be at 100% upon booting. I unplugged the cable thinking it was an error, but the battery stayed at 100. This is the first I've seen of this. Looks like the got the phone to pull power from the cable finally. Either that, or I'm REALLY unobservant.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-15-2010 at 04:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

ritestyles is a n00b

Just added android to my tp2! and it is awesome!!!! though I do have a couple of questions, anyone know how to get your contacts over? and I tried adding dualboot, but it can't locate android, any quick fixes? Thanks guys!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to vernonlbrown

how do you install this? I added the folder from the 1st post but it just hangs when trying to boot with all this writing on the screen.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It needs the files put on the root of the sd card. Move them all out of the folder and onto the storage card and try again. Remove your sim card before booting, and please don't post a question like this. Those answers are all over this thread.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

vernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvernonlbrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
It needs the files put on the root of the sd card. Move them all out of the folder and onto the storage card and try again. Remove your sim card before booting, and please don't post a question like this. Those answers are all over this thread.
First off, I asked b/c I did put all of the files on my sd card and I do not have a SIM Card. I was wondering if that was normal or if I missed a step.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=vernonlbrown;1631059]I added the folder from the 1st post...QUOTE]

That's why I thought this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
First off, I asked b/c I did put all of the files on my sd card and I do not have a SIM Card. I was wondering if that was normal or if I missed a step.
Some SD cards are not compatible with this. You may have one. Check that you have the same files as THIS post says you should. The modules file will be named something differently after the word "modules", but don't change it. The zimage knows what to look for. Check that your files match.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=Boominsvx;1631087]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post
I added the folder from the 1st post...QUOTE]

That's why I thought this.

Some SD cards are not compatible with this. You may have one. Check that you have the same files as THIS post says you should. The modules file will be named something differently after the word "modules", but don't change it. The zimage knows what to look for. Check that your files match.
Ok, all my files are correct. I'm gonna try one more time and then I'm giving up. Do I need to have my phone unlocked or can this been done on a stock phone?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker

[QUOTE=vernonlbrown;1631106]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post

Ok, all my files are correct. I'm gonna try one more time and then I'm giving up. Do I need to have my phone unlocked or can this been done on a stock phone?
Stock

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2