PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4g63 View Post
I want to be able to view the weather & time on the front screen just like the hero & my current windows mobile, I've downloaded an app that has that ability, but have no clue on how to change it and was wondering if it may of already been added??
Widgets, as they are called, can be changed or moved around on the screen. If you tap and HOLD on an existing one, like an icon or clock or search bar etc, a trash can should show up at the bottom of the screen. Before the test build I put up, that proved to be difficult due to it double tapping. But if you are running with that test kernel it should work fine. Tap and hold and drag down to the trash can to remove something. Different widgets take up more space on the screen. And clocks and such usually take up 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen. So if you have a lot on there, you won't be able to put a clock on there.

Once you get enough screen space, you can hit MENU and then ADD I believe, and select Widget or icon or whatever you want. And then find it and add it. From there you can tap and hold and move things around if you wish.

Another way is to just tap and hold in a blank part of your screen, it will pop up with the same menu.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
Sprint Hero is running an older version of Android than what you are running on the TP2, and on top of that, the Hero Android probably has a skinned Marketplace due to SenseUI. But regardless, different apps will show up for different versions of Android.
ahhh, gotcha
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

slow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslow4g63 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ya... I know how to move them around, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a widget for the clock app that has the weather in it also, just like the senseUI on windows mobile (which I have currently).
Old 03-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Smile Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Sounds like you might have some corruption in your data.img. Might need to wipe it and let it create a new one.

As far as only half the people have data, if you mean that half the people are Sprint/Verizon, then ya, I guess that is right. But USCC and MetroPCS and possible others that require login info etc are still being worked out. I believe that MrPippy is wanting someone to do some logging with their phones to try and determine what it is looking for. But till USCC or others maybe come out with an Andorid phone to look at how they are accomplishing data, being as it is different than Sprint and Verizon, not sure if it can be worked out or not. I feel for ya. But this is a known issue if you look around.
I did PM MrPippy a few days ago asking what i could do to help but havent heard back yet.
now there are ppl with the diamonds, touch pro and vogue on metro that have it working.
in the APN
Proxy: wap.metropcs.net
Port: 3128
Username: your number@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs
The other settings dont really matter. I always just left them how they were.

i've tried it but hasn't worked for me,
this was taken from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=606782

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug2221 View Post
just out of curiosity, what is different between USCC/Metro and Sprint/Verizon? We have established that they do not dial #777 to get to their data, so how do they connect? Do they dial a different number? Or is it some other process completely?
umm for metropcs you have to dial #777
Old 03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow4g63 View Post
ya... I know how to move them around, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a widget for the clock app that has the weather in it also, just like the senseUI on windows mobile (which I have currently).
Go into the market and download "Beautiful wigets". You ask an awful lot of questions that have already been answered. I think it's about time you start skipping back 30 or 40 pages and get some reading in. We even have pictures.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-17-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Go into the market and download "Beautiful widgets". You ask an awful lot of questions that have already been answered. I think it's about time you start skipping back 30 or 40 pages and get some reading in. We even have pictures.

Ive been looking and looking for that App.. I searched exactly that on the Marketplace and it never comes up..

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and professionals built the Titanic.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Funny thing. I think they spell if differently. Try "wigets".
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

deboy69 is a n00b

Quote:
For those that want to try it, mind you this hasn't been completely signed off on yet, but we are pretty confident it is fine. Here is the latest kernel from today with the tssc fix in it for the double taps on the touchscreen. Thanks go out to bzo for the patch. I have patched todays latest kernel with it and am running it fine myself. So try as you might, hopefully we will get it committed here sometime later tonight.

Just extract, delete your existing zImage and modules files, and then copy these files over.

Edit: Guess I should mention I have been running the patch for a couple of days now without an issue, I just updated to the latest kernel for posting.
Just copied over your kernal you posted. Makes my phone hang 1 second into boot sequence on dma_addr 23 a600000. curser is still blinking.

*update: only hangs when plugged into usb

Last edited by deboy69; 03-17-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

NxtGenCowboy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to NxtGenCowboy

Quote:
Funny thing. I think they spell if differently. Try "wigets".
will do! Thanks!

Nope Nada..

Only App that comes up is Weather widget (yr.no) and animated widgets.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Go into the market and download "Beautiful widgets". You ask an awful lot of questions that have already been answered. I think it's about time you start skipping back 30 or 40 pages and get some reading in. We even have pictures.
I normally search the sh*t out of the forum but I've been keeping up to date with the posts and hadn't found anything on it.
I'll give it a try.

thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2