PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Zwei
Carrier: TNN (the now network)

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
Syncing contacts with Google while using Android will NOT affect your WM contacts in any way
True but i thought the only way to get your contacts from winmo is setting up a active sync account. the problem that i have run into is that i normally use myphone to back up, and myphone will not sync if you have an active sync set up. So when you delete your active sync and run myphone again it will delete them from your phone. and you have to go into ur account and restore them.
That is my experience of using google to get my contacts from winmo and back....
Old 08-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

bdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbdurst08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdinog View Post
Thanks Sammich, but don't I have to synch with Google while on Windows 1st in order to get them synched up on Android? That is my question. If I synch with Google via activesynch while in Windows, will it affect my ability to synch via myphone? thanks again!
That has been my experience...see my 2 posts right after yours.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Sorry about the 3x posts... this might be a dumb question. But since android in running off od our SD cards what ways are there to potentially make it run faster? Will a larger SD card help or is it still dependent on the CPU speed of the TP2's?

Thanks!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

ink718 is keeping up the good workink718 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to ink718

Its dependent on the CPU mainly. A high class of a SD card will help but its the CPU of course. Plus anything installed on your SD card and running it, for example if you install iGo on your SD card and your TP2 is reading the app from the SD card, it will consume more battery and work perhaps a bit slower than if it was installed on your phone memory.

Don't forget to say thanx! ;]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink718 View Post
Its dependent on the CPU mainly. A high class of a SD card will help but its the CPU of course. Plus anything installed on your SD card and running it, for example if you install iGo on your SD card and your TP2 is reading the app from the SD card, it will consume more battery and work perhaps a bit slower than if it was installed on your phone memory.
Thats what I was thinking too but I wasn't sure. Thanks for responding.
Old 08-20-2010, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Never mind, been reading for a while I think I found all the answers...giving it a shot now to see how well it runs...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 08-20-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wizholt7 is a n00b

I downloaded and installed the cab from Downloads - Project Android, and it is running fairly smoothly, better than the original project from march or so. On this build, it overclocks the CPU from 528mhz to 700mhz (but can go up to 728mhz). It says it is stable, but I'm worried about this harming my phone...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, the speakers work with programs like Pandora, but not for phone calls, like in the settings the only option is to have it on silent. Anyone know if there is a fix for this or if there will be?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered, I researched the problems first, but with a 191 page thread, I can't read every post lol
Old 10-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizholt7 View Post
I downloaded and installed the cab from Downloads - Project Android, and it is running fairly smoothly, better than the original project from march or so. On this build, it overclocks the CPU from 528mhz to 700mhz (but can go up to 728mhz). It says it is stable, but I'm worried about this harming my phone...anyone have any thoughts on that?

Also, the speakers work with programs like Pandora, but not for phone calls, like in the settings the only option is to have it on silent. Anyone know if there is a fix for this or if there will be?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered, I researched the problems first, but with a 191 page thread, I can't read every post lol
The only way to fix the silent issue is to reformat the sd card, look at the thread that says stuck on silent mode to download a program to get it done.
I have my phone set at 728 and it has been working fine.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started

Hey, I did a search and didn't notice this anywhere, but how do you turn off the screen while on the phone?
Old 10-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Test one, test two.
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

proxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIPproxhack is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icevapor View Post
Hey, I did a search and didn't notice this anywhere, but how do you turn off the screen while on the phone?
go here...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-androi...lent-mode.html

with the 10-4 from refer and the kernel and zImage update you turn the phone off the same way as being on windows.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2