PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

hmmm.. I have the 10-9.2 update... "end" still turns off the screen (which makes it impossible to turn off "in-call").

Is their something else I need to do?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

icevapor is just getting started

Ahh, I see what your saying. The phone turns off in-call by itself now. Not with the proximity sensor but after a little bit of time.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sdg1981 is a n00b
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2 - Need Help Please...

Hi there,

I currently use the HTC Touch Pro 2 with Verizon. I've been wanting to try out the Android OS on my phone however even though I consider myself to be fairly tech savy with this phone, putting Android on it the long way was beyond me. I saw you posted a link for a new zip file that had all you needed for the Android download all in one file. That was more my style. I followed the instructions and placed the file on the root of my SD card. It installed to the phone however when I attempted to run it, the following error message appeared: "This app requires a newer version of the Mocrosoft .NET Compact Framework then the version installed on this device". If you guys say it works on the Touch Pro 2, then what is this error about and how I can update my .NET Compact Framework so that I can use Android on my phone? Please email me any help at mrgetzlaff@att.net. Thank you...
Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Sprint

jordanthompson is a n00b

Not sure if this is the right place to post... I just installed android on my tp2 and tried to install a couple of apps from the android store (text-to-speach for the nav and google sky for fun) but it just hangs on the download (I'm able to back out of it and the OS itself continues to work.) Everything else seems to work fine as advertised (can connect to wifi and 3g, make calls, navigate, etc.)

Any suggestions?
thanks,
Jordan
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2

slick78 is a n00b

i just downloaded android. i got it installed and launched but it doesnt connect to network i cant make calls get internet or nothing. did i miss a step? can someone please help
Old 10-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
i just downloaded android. i got it installed and launched but it doesnt connect to network i cant make calls get internet or nothing. did i miss a step? can someone please help
Yes, you need to set the force cdma setting to =1.
Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2

slick78 is a n00b

is there anyway to get the htc sense weather and clock app or is there anything like it. i am looking for a good clock weather combo to my home screen. thanks for the help i am new to android. also how do you get contact pics to show. is there anyway to link them to your facebook like windows mobile and blackberry?

Last edited by slick78; 10-30-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick78 View Post
is there anyway to get the htc sense weather and clock app or is there anything like it. i am looking for a good clock weather combo to my home screen. thanks for the help i am new to android. also how do you get contact pics to show. is there anyway to link them to your facebook like windows mobile and blackberry?
Just use the Fancy Widget apk I've attached. Put it in the AndroidApps folder. Then just put the widget on your home screen - bam, clock & weather.

My contact pics on GMail pull thru... not sure how to get Facebook pics as user pics tho. I'm sure if you set their pic in your GMail contacts it'll work (this assumes you sync your contact list with your GMail account).
Attached Files
File Type: apk Fancy_Widget_v1.3.0.apk (1.33 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by arrrghhh; 10-30-2010 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to attach the apk!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2

dpeyton8 is a n00b

how come after i run harret the screen freezes after shows the booting from linux screen
Old 10-30-2010, 10:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Are you overclocked? Something in startup text is messed up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2