PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Do you always delete your data.img? In recent attempts, I was finding that I had no service and could not connect to anything if I had android in an "Android" folder. Moving it back out and re-trying a fresh install, I got it back. For this reason, I'm skeptical about advertising it.
No dude i havent deleted data.img since civic's last build i think or the xandroid package maybe, only thing i do is keep updating zimage and modules, and this is my current start up file settings

set RAMSIZE 0x6000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000

set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

#pwf dm.txt 0x8e0000 0x20000

set cmdline "rel_path=Android msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 lcd.density=240 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

boot

and yeah everything is in the Android folder but of course it creates the a couple of extra folders, like the .thumbnails in the DCIM folder, cache and data i think, one thing i noticed after setting the rel_path=Android is that the data.img is inside the Android folder, without this setting i'm pretty sure it stays on the root, so maybe thats why u were having some issues?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

For those that want to try it, mind you this hasn't been completely signed off on yet, but we are pretty confident it is fine. Here is the latest kernel from today with the tssc fix in it for the double taps on the touchscreen. Thanks go out to bzo for the patch. I have patched todays latest kernel with it and am running it fine myself. So try as you might, hopefully we will get it committed here sometime later tonight.

Just extract, delete your existing zImage and modules files, and then copy these files over.

Edit: Guess I should mention I have been running the patch for a couple of days now without an issue, I just updated to the latest kernel for posting.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Kernel-2010317_005013-tssfix.rar (7.52 MB, 156 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by cflynt; 03-17-2010 at 01:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 14 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Trying it now. I suspect we should probably delete our existing tscalibration file?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 AM
VIP Member

cflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIPcflynt is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Trying it now. I suspect we should probably delete our existing tscalibration file?
Not necessary, only if you want to redo it making sure you got all the points proper. But it doesn't matter if you already set it proper before.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: MetroPCS

mikezpc is keeping up the good workmikezpc is keeping up the good work

i saw it earlier and tried it and i was just thinking about that because i did notice some mis alignment sometimes, i'll delete the calibration file and try again tomorrow! night ppl
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
i saw it earlier and tried it and i was just thinking about that because i did notice some mis alignment sometimes, i'll delete the calibration file and try again tomorrow! night ppl
Ya with this patched kernel, the ts-calibration will be much smoother, no worries of lightly tapping. It should not pick things up as an error like that. So if you want to feel more comfortable, it should work fine by redoing it. But should work fine without if you have been using the touchscreen fine otherwise, just dealing with the double taps.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezpc View Post
No dude i havent deleted data.img since civic's last build i think or the xandroid package maybe, only thing i do is keep updating zimage and modules, and this is my current start up file settings

set RAMSIZE 0x6000000
set RAMADDR 0x10000000

set mtype 2292
set KERNEL zImage
set initrd initrd.gz

#pwf dm.txt 0x8e0000 0x20000

set cmdline "rel_path=Android msmvkeyb_toggle=off gsensor_axis=2,1,3 lcd.density=240 htc_hw.force_cdma=1 physkeyboard=rhod400"

boot

and yeah everything is in the Android folder but of course it creates the a couple of extra folders, like the .thumbnails in the DCIM folder, cache and data i think, one thing i noticed after setting the rel_path=Android is that the data.img is inside the Android folder, without this setting i'm pretty sure it stays on the root, so maybe thats why u were having some issues?

No, all of mine were correct, thus the full boot. It just had no service when I got into it. At best, you should copy a backup of the android os to your desktop, delete data.img off the sd card, and move everything out to the root. If it works then, we know it's a problem having to do with the folder. After, you could move the data.img back and overwrite the new one. That would put you back where you were. I had mine configured correctly as well.

Edit: Screen fix... WOW, She really likes the way I touch her now. Can I get one of these for my future ex wife?

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-17-2010 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

dbrown2 is just getting started
Smile Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Let me say Thank You so much for all of your work and others that works on this project too. This fix is great... Thank you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post
For those that want to try it, mind you this hasn't been completely signed off on yet, but we are pretty confident it is fine. Here is the latest kernel from today with the tssc fix in it for the double taps on the touchscreen. Thanks go out to bzo for the patch. I have patched todays latest kernel with it and am running it fine myself. So try as you might, hopefully we will get it committed here sometime later tonight.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflynt View Post

Just extract, delete your existing zImage and modules files, and then copy these files over.

Edit: Guess I should mention I have been running the patch for a couple of days now without an issue, I just updated to the latest kernel for posting.
Wow scrolling is way way way better with this. Thanks for the prerelease!

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hey cflynt, thanks for maintaining the FAQ; it's very very helpful. Is there anyway you can bold the questions to make it easy for people to identify the questions? Thanks!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2