PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro2, htc hero,palm pre
Carrier: sprint,cricket

shawnageek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shawnageek
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

yo most people want charging to work i just want my dang web (3g) or any kinda web to work.....i seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa1Eu...ayer_embedded#video and makes me mad lol...... i need help
Old 03-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium 500W
Carrier: Verizon

ajh16 is just getting started

To try and help answer some of the common questions I have updated the PPCGeeks wiki to include Frequently Asked Questions on http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t...2_Android_Port. If you know of any repeat questions that I missed, please feel free to update the wiki and direct forum goers to the common answers.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnageek View Post
yo most people want charging to work i just want my dang web (3g) or any kinda web to work.....i seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa1Eu...ayer_embedded#video and makes me mad lol...... i need help
I see your Carrier is T-Mobile .... if that is what you are trying to use .... you are using the wrong build. Pippy made this work for CDMA .... you may want to take a look at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=627997 if you are in fact using T-Mobile.
Current Device: HTC HD2 Wife myTouch 3G & Touch Pro2 for SALE ~ ROM - Energy 6.5.X Series Wife .... in process of Rooting and finding a good 2.1 base with Sense 2.0 ROM ~ Carrier - T-Mobile ~ Memory Card - 16GB SanDisk soon to be 32 GB SanDisk
Old 03-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

OK guys. I just tried this again, and this time, I ran my battery down to 90% before booting Android. I then plugged in my usb cord, and ran Haret. IN android, I ran the phone HARD for about an hour with web pages, media streams and anything else I could get to work. Upon booting back into windows, Batt says 100%. This is my phone. I am not crazy.

EDIT: Another way to see this. Load up android and then unplug your cable. The battery monitor should be running showing you "100" in the top right corner. Go ahead and slide the top taskbar down to see "Advanced Task Killer and the Battry Monitor. The voltage should be right there. Unplug your phone for a few mins. The voltage will drop. Give it a few mins to get down a bit. Now turn your screen back on. The voltage will be much lower. (mine started at appx. 4.8v and dropped to about 4.3 before I plugged it in) Now go ahead and pop that cable back in. after about 30 seconds the voltage will begin to go back up until it reaches 4.8v again.

I'm posting this because it takes less time and still shows the same outcome. She's charging. Not huge, but closer nonetheless.

Last edited by Boominsvx; 03-16-2010 at 01:59 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 & HTC HD2
Carrier: Verizon & T-Mobile

RKnight is keeping up the good workRKnight is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RKnight Send a message via MSN to RKnight Send a message via Yahoo to RKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
OK guys. I just tried this again, and this time, I ran my battery down to 90% before booting Android. I then plugged in my usb cord, and ran Haret. IN android, I ran the phone HARD for about an hour with web pages, media streams and anything else I could get to work. Upon booting back into windows, Batt says 100%. This is my phone. I am not crazy.
Sounds good ..... I as well had my device at 100% in WM, booted into android and unplugged my power cord ran for about 30 minutes, plugged in cord and let charge for about 12-20 rebooted into WM now at 90%. I am not sure what can tell from my results but your results sound good. I am glad we are finally getting some form of power management.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

milesnapue is becoming a great contributor

commit 7be0a6588fd3ca1e025b09cde120afaeeaf942da
Author: HUSSON Pierre-Hugues
Date: Sun Mar 14 12:39:29 2010 +0100

Add rhodium proximity driver.
As there is no proper API for on/off yet,
I added two cmdline options:
board-htcrhodium-proximity.on=1 to enable the proximity device (default off)
board-htcrhodium-proximity.wake=1 to wake up the phone on proximity
change.
Might need a to-low/to-high filter.

__ Wondering if the above statement taken from the kernel autobuild site means that if I add that line to my set cmdline it might make the proximity sensor work... Anyone have any thoughts on this? Will test and update...

Nope..Don't go and do that.

Reading it again I believe the author added the options but is awaiting the driver to be added/written.

Last edited by milesnapue; 03-16-2010 at 05:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

Boominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on repBoominsvx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boominsvx

Be careful about build msm-android@20100316_102354. See the notes before downloading. IRC log shows it for the diamond. Audio jack does not apply to us, and the screen is under increased sensitivity again. Lots of double taps. Can't even move icons on screen.

Just an FYI in case someone else downloads it and comes to complain. You can still try it to see if anything is different for you. Just keep a backup of your old zimage and modules.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by vernonlbrown View Post

Boy how the net makes you lil ****s have big balls to say what you want be in real life you aint shit.
Sort of like your statement above.....eh?

You have enough posts in this forum to know what it is about.......even though you may have missed it you still could have at least read a few pages back....sure you would have seen something about sound...seeing that it is mentioned daily...so instead of getting mad just read a little more next time....
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)
Carrier: Sprint

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So, when you are all done bickering about reading posts and searching, can someone tell me if sound works yet? lol

And please don't tell me to go back to page 1 as I have no intention of hitting my back key for 129 pages......

Last edited by eman; 03-16-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: to be more stupid.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:26 AM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So, when you are all done bickering about reading posts and searching, can someone tell me if sound works yet?

And please don't tell me to go back to page 1 as I have no intention of looking back 129 pages!
the sound thing isnt going to happen for a while.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2