PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android/Linux for CDMA Touch Pro 2

Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on but the sim card is in the phone... I might try with the sim card out and see if that fixes anything
Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpro112 View Post
Hey guy's my market place is working somewhat but whenever i choose to download something it just stay stuck on saying "starting download..." does any know how to fix or any ideas? i have 3g on and wifi is on
I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:18 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjclemd View Post
Syny your phone with your computer while in windows mobile... then open your gmail account on the computer... click on contacts(left side of the screen)... Click on import(right side of the screen) then browse for the .csv file that outlook uses for your contacts... the .csv file should be in c://Users/"whoever"/contacts... This should store all your contacts into your gmail account

The next time you boot android, sync your phone with gmail and voila!!! you should have all your contacts.

Feel free to PM me with any questions and I will try to help
Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*

Current Rom: MR.X 2.5 21903 + CHT 1.8.5
Old 03-08-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spring

JustusIV is a n00b

Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on
Old 03-08-2010, 07:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

johnpro112 is keeping up the good workjohnpro112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
I think I read that someone had the same problem and they rebooted the phone then booted android back up and it worked. I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to try.
thanks
I rebooted without my sim card and it work but I had to cancel my downloads for them to start downloading. Idk if simcard was an issue or was it just a mishap that my market wasn't working with the sim card in.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Thats great...I am trying to sync my calendar from Microsoft Exchange, any help there? All my contacts synced but not my appointments.
exchange appointments don't sync. If you want your exchange appts you will need to sync them with google

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
okay ive attempted about 5 times to boot this. and waiting a minimum of 15 minutes for the boot sequence and have yet to get it to work. does anyone have a detailed guide on how to make it work. *sadface*
remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

Start with a clean card and try again. Where is it freezing? Is the card partitioned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustusIV View Post
Is there a prebuilt 3-7-10? Directions seem easy enough, but if someone has put it into a nice package allready, yeah yeah i am lazy.

I appreciate civ and pips work, and i feel my first donation coming on
There is one somewhere in this thread ...

Interest in tech law? Check out my Intellectual Property and Technology blog
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post

Flyers, thanks for the all in one zip, I can't find the actual post so post again so I can thank you
Good idea on the re-post...this is getting overloaded quick....I also am going to PM Mr. Pippy so that maube we can get up in the first post for everyone.....

For those that do not know this is an all in one zip....no need to do anything but unzip and drop alll the files in the root of the SDcard.....

Here is the original post by me.....

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=69
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6875US Touch Pro 2
Carrier: USCC

skuddy is keeping up the good workskuddy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfxc13 View Post
remove sim, make sure your sd card is big enough (I would say at least 2gbs). Also class 4 or higher is recommended but may not be necessary.

okay, no sim card so check on that one. 4gb card, dont know about the class. trying the repost of the zip.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

milkycoins is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuddy View Post
I had this same problem when I first tried and the boot screen kept looping over and over again. It turned out that i didnt have enough room on my storage card for the Android files. Try deleting a few of the larger files that may already be on there.

Also, did you extract the files to the root of your SD Card, or is your Sim in? Just checking
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Android On TP2

Tags
android linux tp2 cdma, eclair, touch pro2